Syringe Filling - Fastest, Most Efficient Method to Extend Carto Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
Well, I had hoped I had invented this method, but I've found that I hadn't. Oh well....

I drip in 5 drops.
I take a latex glove and put cartos in the fingers. (Should be able to do 5 at one time, but I do 3).
Then I do the spin thing.
Add 5 more drops, spin again. Repeat.

Works rather well. I stopped with 25 drops of nicquid in each carto, but could have put in more.

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Never heard of this before lol there videos of it?

He's My Everything

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Washington, DC
Ya'll have lost your everlovin' squirrely minds. Thanks for all the answers and for making me read three pages of whatever that stuff was, wondering if there would be more. Goofballs.

I've tried the syringe thing a few times now and it really is easy, quick and the least messy of the methods I've tried. Less messy = less wasteful, so it's all good. No need for the spin for us, since I re-up his cartos right before bed, so they have plenty of time to soak before he needs them. Love it. Played around with the "drip in the battery end" method too, which is pretty easy and clean too, so I have another method in my arsenal. Pretty soon, I'll be ready to be hired as a Vaping Maintenance Technician. I should get something out of this, right?? LOL

The Empress

Mar 15, 2012
Rockville
Ya'll have lost your everlovin' squirrely minds. Thanks for all the answers and for making me read three pages of whatever that stuff was, wondering if there would be more. Goofballs.

I've tried the syringe thing a few times now and it really is easy, quick and the least messy of the methods I've tried. Less messy = less wasteful, so it's all good. No need for the spin for us, since I re-up his cartos right before bed, so they have plenty of time to soak before he needs them. Love it. Played around with the "drip in the battery end" method too, which is pretty easy and clean too, so I have another method in my arsenal. Pretty soon, I'll be ready to be hired as a Vaping Maintenance Technician. I should get something out of this, right?? LOL

Yes, yes you should..lol

I'm sure he totally appreciates it. I know I'm grateful for Micheal doing it for me.

PocketGroove

Apr 10, 2012
Naples, Italy
Well, being a noob who's interested in the syringe method I went out and tried my luck at procuring the necessary accoutrements from the drug store. Being a clean cut, army veteran I imagined I'd have little trouble as I smell too bathed to be a junkie and I'm not "swoll-diesel" enough to be a juicer.

Sure enough I get turned down time and time again, except one Walgreens where the pharmacist's assistant actually vaped Blu Cigs! She had heard of this method of cleaning/filling, she was impressed with my Provari Mini, and she even went to bat for me with the pharmacist! ....who instantly shot the notion of selling me a 16 gauge needle and syringes.

As he walked away I politely exclaimed that if I WAS gonna shoot up...it sure as hell wouldn't be with a 16 gauge needle!

I then requested the same stuff "for my b12 shots". Eyes Rolled. I then, pleading, requested the same stuff "for my insulin injections". She just laughed and ironically pointed me to a feed and tractor supply store down the road where I scored everything I sought after for 8 dollars. :blush: Crisis Averted. :2cool:

Anyone know a good way to grind down the sharp points?

He's My Everything

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Washington, DC
:lol: Konstantine, you crack me up. PocketGroove, honestly, I have found the sharp bevel tip of my syringe to be helpful. I tried the blunt tip needles, but they kept pushing down the batting - compressing it. With the sharp, bevel tip needle, it slips cleanly in, without compressing the wicking material. Works for me. I have been using the syringe method for a few weeks now and I honestly find it to be sooooooooo much easier and faster and less wasteful than any other method I've tried. I scored my luer lock syringe from my diabetic brother in law and my 18ga bevel tip needles from my Vet! :lol: Here's my method:

1.) Pop the battery end of the carto into a "bootie" to catch any overflow. I leave a gap for the juice to collect in.
2.) Remove endcap (duh).
3.) Gently insert the needle into tip of juice bottle, right through the dropper cap, turn it upside down (it doesn't leak) and pull about 1cc into the syringe.
4.) Gently slide the needle (bevel towards the wall) between the batting and the outside wall of the carto until it hits bottom.
5.) Slowly depress the plunger, while simultaneously slowly pulling the needle out (thereby distributing the juice better).
6.) Repeat on the opposite side, injecting about 1/2 cc each side.
7.) Suck some isopropyl alcohol into the syringe and slush it in and out a few times, to clean it, then blow it out by depressing the plunger several times until it stops spitting alcohol, wipe it off and put the cap back on.
8.) If needed, top the carto off with a few drops of juice, until you get that satisfying "slushie" look.
9.) Blow out air hole.
10.) Clean up threads, outside of carto & end cap (if refilling) with high-strength isopropyl alcohol (sometimes, I use alcohol pads, sometimes I use dipped Q-tips).
11.) Return any overflow in the bootie to the bottle (you're going to have to take the dropper cap off for this maneuver, unless you suck it back up with the syringe and squirt it back in - in which case, you should wait to clean your syringe).
12.) Screw on a fresh battery and enjoy!

So, I broke it down into 12 frickin' steps, but it seriously only takes a couple minutes. It's way easy and I use the same needle over and over. This method gets an A++ for ease and efficiency. My cartos are lasting longer too! Bonus!

PocketGroove

Apr 10, 2012
Naples, Italy
Nice post Barb. Thanks for the info

Last night after burning out a carto in 2 days with some thick juice, I dissected it to find that the bottom was totally dry and the top was sopping wet. I'd used the condom method, the spin, and topped it off, but still the carto couldn't keep up with me on the provari. I'm so glad to have found the needle/syringe method, because obviously I cannot keep a carto alive and in operating order for long with thick juice and other methods. I may have just been to impatient and not let everything settle, but it was vaping great for a while. Then the dreaded chemical bleh taste kicked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread