Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Woohoo, I got my TAE in the mail today! Nice surprise considering the tracking never updated before it went through US customs. I still have to clean it and run through the video(s) again... I'm also still waiting on the Zirconium wire from Fabvape, but in the meantime I may try out that spring that came with it and/or maybe some Kanthal wire. Ooooh I am excited :)

It looks beautiful, Imeo - great job, thank you again! Love the new packaging and little manual as well!

monocle

Jan 13, 2018
I'm sure they will fix this for you quickly. The good news is that you can only vape one at a time.
Not this time. I ordered 2 for me and my friend to save on shipping. And as a good person I’m giving this one to my friend and will wait for mine to come. Hope GG shop ships it next week, I already wrote to support :)

Reactions: imeothanasis

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
thanks a lot and huge congrats sub! I hope you like it and be your everyday vaping machine!!
Thank you!

When you guys give your TAE/other attys a good cleaning do you remove all the O-Rings first? Not a big deal but would prefer to keep them into place just so I don't mix them up. I can just write all the parts down on a piece of paper and put the O-rings with their corresponding parts.. no biggie.. I just hate accidentally damaging O-rings when taking them out of tough places.

I'm also debating on using a sonic cleaner with warm water and dish soap or a toothbrush with warm water/dish soap.. maybe both :p

The one plus of the sonic cleaner is I have a really nice cleaning solution for metal (meant for brass casings) and does the job really well.. I wouldn't want to put the o-rings in there, though...

Still waiting on my Zirconium wire but I might do a normal kanthal build in the meantime, or perhaps try the spring.. still getting through all my Tilemahos v1 juice while I get my nice TAE set up.. I imagine I'll be vaping the TAE daily starting today!

monocle

Jan 13, 2018
Thank you!

When you guys give your TAE/other attys a good cleaning do you remove all the O-Rings first? Not a big deal but would prefer to keep them into place just so I don't mix them up. I can just write all the parts down on a piece of paper and put the O-rings with their corresponding parts.. no biggie.. I just hate accidentally damaging O-rings when taking them out of tough places.

I'm also debating on using a sonic cleaner with warm water and dish soap or a toothbrush with warm water/dish soap.. maybe both :p

The one plus of the sonic cleaner is I have a really nice cleaning solution for metal (meant for brass casings) and does the job really well.. I wouldn't want to put the o-rings in there, though...

Still waiting on my Zirconium wire but I might do a normal kanthal build in the meantime, or perhaps try the spring.. still getting through all my Tilemahos v1 juice while I get my nice TAE set up.. I imagine I'll be vaping the TAE daily starting today!
Good quality o-rings are tough. I even boil new atomizers with them on, no issues at all. Chinease ones can be easily damaged, yes.

Boiled my brand new Le Supersonic yesterday. Man, it was so dirty, machine oil everywhere. 10 minutes, 2 times. Good Viton o-ring was like new after these procedures.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Good quality o-rings are tough. I even boil new atomizers with them on, no issues at all. Chinease ones can be easily damaged, yes.

Boiled my brand new Le Supersonic yesterday. Man, it was so dirty, machine oil everywhere. 10 minutes, 2 times. Good Viton o-ring was like new after these procedures.

Ah, ok - so when you first get an atty you just disassemble and boil all parts, leaving the O-Rings on?

The only thing I was thinking for taking the O-rings off is if I used my sonic cleaner metal solution stuff.. would be too afraid of that eating at the material..

Not sure if I wanna boil it all, but perhaps I'll just disassemble my TAE, leave the O-rings on and sonic clean it with some dish soap and warm water, then give it all a good rinse afterward.

I just hate for machine oil, soap, etc to get caught underneath the O-rings and affect taste or anything like that.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo, can you please tell me parameters of post screws in TAE 23 mm? I want to get some spares in my local store.
sure monocle

threads: 1,6x0,5
length of the body: 6mm
length of the head: 1,7mm
diameter of the head: 3mm

monocle

Jan 13, 2018
Ah, ok - so when you first get an atty you just disassemble and boil all parts, leaving the O-Rings on?

The only thing I was thinking for taking the O-rings off is if I used my sonic cleaner metal solution stuff.. would be too afraid of that eating at the material..

Not sure if I wanna boil it all, but perhaps I'll just disassemble my TAE, leave the O-rings on and sonic clean it with some dish soap and warm water, then give it all a good rinse afterward.

I just hate for machine oil, soap, etc to get caught underneath the O-rings and affect taste or anything like that.
I mean “I even boil them with o-rings on”. With ultrasonic cleaner you should not bother removing them at all :)

No need adding soap in my opinion, just go a good ultrasonic run or two.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I'm so frustrated, all I want to do is use my TAE but I cannot, for the life of me, find my box of GG stuff from when I moved. I know it's somewhere but I've been looking for days and can't seem to find it. Has a pretty decent collection of GG items, but most importantly the 510 Esterigon adapter.. right now I'm using the Esterigon GG-Tilemahos connector, not the 510 base.

Where oh where is it??? I know 100% I had it here when I moved (How could I leave behind a collection like that?!) but it has eluded me so far... very frustrating! :cry:

I'll find it eventually, it's here somewhere, but I've been searching and searching all over for it and haven't seen it yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread