Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
the TL;DR:
getting the wicking right is everything and it took me a long time to do so (ish...).

Wicking, for me, has been a challenge. and i still don't get it right every time. i have a kayfun prime, which i can wick with my eyes closed and it's still great. for the TAE, i have to be so very carefull to get it just right, it surprised me.

during the first few weeks, it never seemed to work. even when it wasn't a dry-hit, it wasn't a good vape. turns out i'd been using too much wick for the TAE. (and started doing that because the first few tries, it leaked all over my mod (for not using enough cotton)).

what i do now is use a longer but thinner piece of cotton (it pulls right through the coil with no resistance) but about 15mm of cotton on either side of the coil/TAE. then, i GENTLY (!!!!) let the cotton fall into the base/deck without pressing on it at all. i prime the cotton much more than any other atty i have, and start vaping with the juice flow control closed. only when the juice from priming is decreased sufficiently and the wick and atty are warmed up, i start opening the liquid flow control. though never more than 1 full turn.

doing this, the vape is nice.

i also have the TA, and i had no such problems. the TAE, at least for me, is just difficult to get right (and quite different to wick from any other atty i have).

i still don't trust it enough to take it with me, and after filling there's generally more gurgling than i'm comfortable with (and juice in the bottom cap/ring (and i do wick with the reducer installed and check that the cotton isn't touching the reducer)).

ps: i use 50/50 pg/vg.
Hi, I also found the wicking problematic but keep at it, you’ll find the sweet spot and then easy peasy.:thumbs:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
guys, some new things are coming:
solid fat center pin for GGTS
drip tip for armed without spitback protection
1,2 pin for Armed
curved mouthpiece for armed
zirconium wires: 0,35mm - 0,40mm - 0,50mm
black - blue - red glasses for armed and eagle 23 and 25mm
Cybrillion
full metal tanks with wings

already on sale:

curved mouthpiece for eagle 23mm
curved mouthpiece for eagle 25mm

Reactions: gratefulbuddy

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
you are right about shipping cost adam but unfortunately I dont have usa seller. Really sorry!
I will find a way to get what I need, I may take th1 1mm one and have someone make the hole 3mm if possible that's what I am looking to do, The bell shape does look interesting as well more room and better flow is what I would think. Thanks Adam

Reactions: imeothanasis

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
Hi Imeo,
Great job on the new TAE domed chimney/mouthpiece. works really well and the airflow is as smooth as it could be.
I’d really like to see a decent picture of this item as the GG Store (Spain) picture is so dark and at an odd angle that I can’t make out any clear detail. Can’t buy it if I can’t see it.:confused::-x:yawn:

smaoke

Aug 12, 2017
I’d really like to see a decent picture of this item as the GG Store (Spain) picture is so dark and at an odd angle that I can’t make out any clear detail. Can’t buy it if I can’t see it.:confused::-x:yawn:
this is where i bought it:

(ok, can't seem to post the url...)
tilemahos-armed-eagle-25mm-mouthpiece-curved-inox-746x1000_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread