TAE (Tilemahos Armed Eagle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
I'm so frustrated, all I want to do is use my TAE but I cannot, for the life of me, find my box of GG stuff from when I ...

I feel your pain Subver, but thats means that you only have one mod?? You dont have other 510 mod than the Esterigon? Thats admirable but unacceptable. [emoji39]

What Im trying to say is that I trust GG stuff but I cant leave home with only one mod, only one atty, only one set of batts, only one bottle of ejuice.

Recently I bought a Dani 25 for the TAE 25mm but I forget to buy the batteries for the mod and when the mod arrived I cant use it for one week[emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: imeothanasis

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I feel your pain Subver, but thats means that you only have one mod?? You dont have other 510 mod than the Esterigon? Thats admirable but unacceptable. [emoji39]

What Im trying to say is that I trust GG stuff but I cant leave home with only one mod, only one atty, only one set of batts, only one bottle of ejuice.

Recently I bought a Dani 25 for the TAE 25mm but I forget to buy the batteries for the mod and when the mod arrived I cant use it for one week[emoji45]

Honestly all my mods are Golden Greek haha. I have a lot of them (most are 510), they're just all in one box that I can't find... I had a couple other mods early on in my e-cig "career" that I got rid of, but yep.. pretty much all GG stuff in my arsenal.
I make my own juice as well but typically have one mod on me at a time. I'm a creature of habit, I've been using the same recipe in my juice for years now as well (tweaking slightly here and there), honestly I can't get enough of it. Everyone keeps telling me I should sell it, they love it (if you like graham cracker type of flavors) and are always asking me for a bottle! People always asking to use my e-cig when I'm around haha.. Shoot.. I make websites so honestly I could try to sell this stuff... I just feel like the market is probably oversaturated at this point, I don't know... not sure of legality either but kind of going off track here..

But yeah, I don't know, I never carried more than one mod on me.. if I'm away for a long period of time (like overnight(s)) I'll bring my little wick and coil kit, extra juice/batteries but that's about it!

Been thinking of getting some kind of box mod or something else, but I'm in no rush.. I love my GG stuff and probably wouldn't even use them often. I do like the idea of changing my wattage and screwing around with crazy coils and whatnot but it's not super important to me. I do have and used to use those... crap I forget their names, the little voltage changer you could pop into tube mods above the battery? They were all the rage years back, but I always went back to pure mech GG.

If I had to pick another VV/VW mod to complement my GG arsenal, what would I want to get? I honestly don't know much about any other mods other than GG.. once I found GG stuff (probably around 2012-2013?) I never really bothered looking!

Been rocking my Tilemahos and Esterigon since they both came out! Next up is the Cybrillion when the next batch goes out, paired up with my TAE.

Pretty much since my first GG purchase that's all I ever used! I think it was a GGTS and Odysseus that sold me.

Last edited:
Reactions: NandyDC

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Honestly all my mods are Golden Greek haha. I have a lot of them, they're just all in one box that I can't find... I had a couple other mods early on in my e-cig "career" that I got rid of, but yep.. pretty much all GG stuff in my arsenal...

I was more of mech mods also (GG mods of course, all ones, lol). Never like the VW/VV until I discovered the TC with Proteus. Because of Proteus obvious limitations I have to look for something more to be able to use TC with the Tilemahos. I went with Ego, eLeaf Pico, and Dicodes. But I would like the simplicity of VIR on a Esterigon of 23mm or 25 mm size. I know many of us are waiting patiently for Imeo to come with a bigger Proteus like mod capable of use the VIR chip or maybe and adapter. From time to time I use the Proteus with the TAE and is the best vape but is not the best looking combination and after a few vapes you are out of batts. LOL

The insert you mention is the Evolv Kick?

About the liquid, I also make my liquid. I use the same DIY since maybe 2011-12. A simple ry4 recipe with very little changes over the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I was more of mech mods also (GG mods of course, all ones, lol). Never like the VW/VV until I discovered the TC with Proteus. Because of Proteus obvious limitations I have to look for something more to be able to use TC with the Tilemahos. I went with Ego, eLeaf Pico, and Dicodes. But I would like the simplicity of VIR on a Esterigon of 23mm or 25 mm size. I know many of us are waiting patiently for Imeo to come with a bigger Proteus like mod capable of use the VIR chip or maybe and adapter. From time to time I use the Proteus with the TAE and is the best vape but is not the best looking combination and after a few vapes you are out of batts. LOL

The insert you mention is the Evolv Kick?

About the liquid, I also make my liquid. I use the same DIY since maybe 2011-12. A simple ry4 recipe with very little changes over the time.

YES! The Kick! I still have that somewhere as well... used it for a bit but I'd have to go back to my GGTS I think if I want to use it, at least for using an 18650 battery with it.

But yeah, I'm totally not opposed to a VIR chip, I've yet to try a Proteus, I missed the boat on that one unfortunately..

When I get home from work I swear I'm going to tear apart my place looking for my GG stuff again... It's so frustrating not being able to find all my stuff! I wanted to sell a few old pieces I don't use as well.. I've got a few different Penelopes, Ithakas, Ody, various mods.. lots of stuff I'd like to see go to a new home because I don't use most of it anymore.

Can't wait to try this TAE, though! Figures I had my Tilemahos set up with the GG base and not the 510 base :p

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Really hard to insert airflow pins...
monocle, put some liquid around the o-ring of the pin, put it inside the 5mm pin, check if its straight and screw it. The problem occurs when pin is not straight with the 5mm pin when you connect them together

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Tilemahos Armed Eagle arrives on South African Soil! :banana:
TAE1.jpg
TAE7.jpg
TAE8.jpg

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I was playing with basic coils last night.. I've pretty much been making microcoils for a while now.. last night I did a basic 5 wrap 28g kanthal 3mm diameter spaced coil with some nice bacon cotton in it (in my v1 Tilemahos) and boy does it vape nice! Been a while since I did just a plain old simple basic spaced coil. Can't wait to translate this to the soft Zirconium (still waiting on package)

I seriously dug around my apartment again last night and couldn't find them! I don't know where the heck I put them!! I just want to try my TAE D:

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I was playing with basic coils last night.. I've pretty much been making microcoils for a while now.. last night I did a basic 5 wrap 28g kanthal 3mm diameter spaced coil with some nice bacon cotton in it (in my v1 Tilemahos) and boy does it vape nice! Been a while since I did just a plain old simple basic spaced coil. Can't wait to translate this to the soft Zirconium (still waiting on package)

I seriously dug around my apartment again last night and couldn't find them! I don't know where the heck I put them!! I just want to try my TAE D:
hope soon buddy!!

Reactions: gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
when will the 1.2mm pins be available?

I believe that already happened. GG store did have them when tae 23 dropped but they are sold out now.

Speaking of afc pins - my 2.5mm and 3mm pins from gg store arrived today. I have only tried the 3mm so far but it is wonderful and an excellent draw for me. I'm finally able to really use my TAEs now. I am still on the hunt for the 3.5mm pins - if anybody sees them please shoot me a pm.

Thanks IMEO - your commitment to making spares and accessories, so everyone can have just the vape they want from your devices, is second-to-none.

monocle

Jan 13, 2018
Unique steam. Cold and dry. Like mesh genesis. I really don’t get how you achieved it :)

Throat hit... Man... Very good...

Very concentrated flavor (especially on exhale). Tried 1.5 and 1.0. 1.5 is a lazy super comfortable pipe draw, 1.0 is super hard old school mtl. Will get 1.2 too, it is my go to air flow on most tanks (was out of stock).

I build simple coils for MTL. This time it is kanthal 0.32, 6 turns at 2.5. If MTL atomizer gives flavor only on claptons, this is a bad MTL atomizer. Eagle is good.

In Russia on russian mod:

Last edited:

tazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Western Massachusetts
Hi Imeo, been a long time since I've posted here. I just got the Eagle the other day and I really like the design. The only thing I'm having a problem with is wicking. I use 100% vg juice and no matter how I do my wick it's still dry. I noticed that the channels in the tank base that the mouthpiece goes onto are pretty small. Is there a chance you could widen these a bit. I have been using the Tilemahous V2 with the wider channels exclusively now since it came out and absolute love it, I remember when it had the narrow channels and I as well as many others were having wicking problems but once you widened them up it was fine.

smaoke

Aug 12, 2017
the TL;DR:
getting the wicking right is everything and it took me a long time to do so (ish...).

Wicking, for me, has been a challenge. and i still don't get it right every time. i have a kayfun prime, which i can wick with my eyes closed and it's still great. for the TAE, i have to be so very carefull to get it just right, it surprised me.

during the first few weeks, it never seemed to work. even when it wasn't a dry-hit, it wasn't a good vape. turns out i'd been using too much wick for the TAE. (and started doing that because the first few tries, it leaked all over my mod (for not using enough cotton)).

what i do now is use a longer but thinner piece of cotton (it pulls right through the coil with no resistance) but about 15mm of cotton on either side of the coil/TAE. then, i GENTLY (!!!!) let the cotton fall into the base/deck without pressing on it at all. i prime the cotton much more than any other atty i have, and start vaping with the juice flow control closed. only when the juice from priming is decreased sufficiently and the wick and atty are warmed up, i start opening the liquid flow control. though never more than 1 full turn.

doing this, the vape is nice.

i also have the TA, and i had no such problems. the TAE, at least for me, is just difficult to get right (and quite different to wick from any other atty i have).

i still don't trust it enough to take it with me, and after filling there's generally more gurgling than i'm comfortable with (and juice in the bottom cap/ring (and i do wick with the reducer installed and check that the cotton isn't touching the reducer)).

ps: i use 50/50 pg/vg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread