subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
its viton sub. I am not sure about ethanol, sorry
No problem. I'm just trying to find the best way to clean them very good. I'm not sure if flavors/machine oil stays in the O-rings so I want to clean them very thoroughly without damaging them (obviously)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
No problem. I'm just trying to find the best way to clean them very good. I'm not sure if flavors/machine oil stays in the O-rings so I want to clean them very thoroughly without damaging them (obviously)
Just wash with liquid soap, rinse-off under running lukewarm water and apply vaseline on them before use.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Just wash with liquid soap, rinse-off under running lukewarm water and apply vaseline on them before use.
Cool yeah that's what I did.. wasn't sure if there might have been more machine oil flavor seeped in or not. I'm still trying to get the odd flavor out of my TAE. Gonna try the whole boil in milk thing then clean it another couple ways. Already cleaned all the metal pieces really well but apparently the taste is still there a bit. Ah well.. I hear the milk thing actually works pretty good so we'll see! I just can't wait to use it.. it vapes great other than the odd taste.
Thanks!

Reactions: imeothanasis

utal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2011
Lisbon, Portugal
kitemania.com.pt
New tinted glasses with new mouthpiece looks awesome!
ea0a3e356dcd963e67189eaa1cd3345a.jpg
80830f6625807793533b123177ed26e5.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
there are no machine oils on o-rings and if they absorb any previous flavor, you cant smell it buddy. Dont bother yourself with this issue

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Cool yeah that's what I did.. wasn't sure if there might have been more machine oil flavor seeped in or not. I'm still trying to get the odd flavor out of my TAE. Gonna try the whole boil in milk thing then clean it another couple ways. Already cleaned all the metal pieces really well but apparently the taste is still there a bit. Ah well.. I hear the milk thing actually works pretty good so we'll see! I just can't wait to use it.. it vapes great other than the odd taste.
Thanks!
The smell is coming through the small holes where air pass, that is the pins and the center pin. So just clean these parts with soap and water and boil them in milk. Doing this for all parts of rebuildable may be better

Reactions: subver

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
wasn't sure if there might have been more machine oil flavor seeped in
Machine oil? Which atty are you talking about brother?

If it is the GG-TAE, it comes u/s cleaned to us. There are no smells, no residues and no foreign particulates in/or around the atty. If you observe any moistness ~ it is condensation developed due to change in temperature/weather during transit.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Machine oil? Which atty are you talking about brother?

If it is the GG-TAE, it comes u/s cleaned to us. There are no smells, no residues and no foreign particulates in/or around the atty. If you observe any moistness ~ it is condensation developed due to change in temperature/weather during transit.
Pretty sure there are reports of machine oil still being on the atty. I cleaned it twice and still get a funky flavor. Not cotton, not burning or anything like that.. just off. It's getting better each time I clean the pieces, though. I think the milk boil and another sonic cleaner pass with the metal cleaner solution will hopefully take care of that.
Maybe not all of them were cleaned? I'm not sure. There are people talking about that, though (at least on the GG Facebook group. That's where a few people said the milk boil did the trick). I don't mind cleaning it, though - no biggie!

And for me it's the TAE 23mm, from the latest batch sold.

Quote from Imeo a couple posts up:
The smell is coming through the small holes where air pass, that is the pins and the center pin. So just clean these parts with soap and water and boil them in milk. Doing this for all parts of rebuildable may be better

That helps a lot - thanks Imeo!

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
there are no machine oils on o-rings and if they absorb any previous flavor, you cant smell it buddy. Dont bother yourself with this issue
Thanks Imeo! Just wanted to cover all my bases.. wasn't sure if it was the metal or O-rings, but I will stop and grab milk to boil in after work today and finally get my TAE vaping like a champ!
Thanks again!

I'll have to change my signature to TAE and Cybrillion after today! :)

utal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2011
Lisbon, Portugal
kitemania.com.pt
Exactly how it looks Imeo, well it was already, it just adds a [emoji523] on top of the [emoji513] [emoji38][emoji106][emoji485]
its the first time that I see the new chimnney with black window. Thats a luxury atomizer utal!!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I feel like I'm starting to become the only person with this persistent taste issue. I cleaned my TAE parts again.. very very thoroughly.

First I took every metal piece and cleaned it in my sonic cleaner with metal cleaning solution - always cleaned my GG stuff VERY well. I also scrubbed them with dish soap and a tooth brush. Scrubbed all the plastic and O-rings with dish soap and a toothbrush. Then I boiled the metal pieces in milk. Then soaked them in ethanol for 24 hours - then did ANOTHER sonic cleaning with the metal solution, rinsed it all down again and re-built.

I'm still getting an off-taste. It seems to be a little less than before. It's almost like.. a strange, sort of sweet semi-metallic taste? I'm still not sure how to describe it.

I'm not sure what else to do. I still use it but compared to my Tilemahos V1, that tastes amazing still.

Could it be that the TAE just gives a different flavor? Maybe there are certain parts of my juice that are coming out more than I'm used to? I don't know.

Should I keep trying to clean the pieces again? I can't imagine getting them any more clean than I already have.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm gonna keep using it (on and off with my Tilemahos v1) and see if the taste goes away over time.

I really really do love the look and feel of my Cybrillion/TAE combo and can't wait to convert over to that as my main 24/7 setup.

Both TAE and Tilemahos have the same exact build, same juice I've been making and vaping for many years (creature of habit.. I honestly never change up my juice flavor.. I love the juice I make so much haha, I just never use anything else.. so I am very familiar with the flavors involved)

I never had this issue with any other GG atty, just overall confusing for me. I've been through all the videos, I don't feel like it is user error.. it's just a simple setup same as I always make.

Any thoughts? Should I just keep vaping it until it goes away, hopefully? I'm not sure what else to do.

Sorry, just rambling now, but also a little frustrated because I can't wait to get this baby rolling perfectly!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread