Tell us your experience with WTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
After all of this I must admit that I am still very confused :D So with the concentrate, it's possible that there may be more minor alkaloids per mg of nic, but the question is, is the stuff that Aroma sells like that, and if so, by how much? It would have to be 2.5x for it to be break even, in other words, to have the same minor alkaloids as a 10 ml bottle of pre-mix. For now that's what I'll go with, until I can see that the concentrate is more cost effective. I've no problem mixing whatever with whatever, and in fact here's my current lineup, all 50 WTA 50 non WTA, 30 mg nic overall:

Aloha WTA and Cappuccino
Peachy Keen WTA and Butterscotch
Virginia Blend WTA and Caramel
Apple WTA and Irish Cream
Matador WTA, Clove WTA, couple of small samples I got, with Maxboro tobacco

I got more WTA juice on the way and who knows what strange combinations I can come up with :)

It's all good though, I like all of these blends and get to use my other juice as well :)

The 24 mg experiment didn't go that well, I just need more nic than that, WTA or not :) I did manage to cut down to 30 mg from 36 though with the WTA but cutting down on nic isn't something I care about anyway, just happens that I am satisfied with 30 mg now :)

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Jerry, not at all. The concentrate is more cost effective, because the vaper can adjust to exactly how much WTA they need- as an example, if I like a strong tobacco in the evening but a little bit of a weaker one in the morning and afternoon, I can apportion two bottles separately and mark one of them "strong" and the other "lite" to remind me of which has more of the concentrate.

If you're selectively extracting them, then that explains why your WTA is as effective as it is.

chewie:

I believe that the minor alkaloids will be a fixed percentage of the blend itself, not necessarily of nicotine content. This is to say that if you order a blend with 24mg it will have the same amount of minor alkaloids as a blend with 18mg.

Extractions and equipment will always differ for different producers.

As an example, if you vape 18mg and you try to use less nicotine because there's WTA, say 12mg for instance, you might not be as satisfied with it as if you had ordered 18mg with WTA.

The concentrate is an entirely different beast, and one that I know very little about other than to say this:

Nicotine does not indicate total alkaloid content, because different strains of tobacco have different levels of minor alkaloids. It would be very possible for the minor alkaloids in the concentrate to be exponentially higher than in a standard blend.

One of the main reasons not everyone is doing it, is because it's neither safe nor simple for just anyone to do it. You need know-how, and you need equipment. If it's made incorrectly, it could be a very dangerous mistake- it really is one of those "don't try this at home" things.

You do it in a lab. There is no try. :D :vapor:

You are correct...without trained chemist it can be fatal if one was to try making this at home.

I think you get the gist on the concentrate vs flavored WTA. Without going into too much detail we can be selective on the minor alkaloids. There are a few ways to go about this. To keep it simple lets just take away nicotine and look at the minor alkaloids. Strains have different yields of minor alkaloids, some more then others. Another option is to look at the "certain" values of each alkaloid. We can be selective and only focus on one of the minor alkaloids we wish to extract and pull out that specific alkaloid.

In general the minor alkaloids have a relationship or percentage with WTA. In the past we kept it at those values.

Once I work out the logistics on Concentrate being sold to the public we can explain further the difference between the two.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
So if 12mg WTA juice is not really working for you, upping it to 24mg, and then cutting it back down is the only option?
I have never vaped 24 mg juice ... :unsure:

Not that is not the case.

If you have never vaped 24MG juice I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT attempt to bring up the nic content.

There are several options but first tell us about your normal daily vape.

I think people are adding nicotine to meet their current needs such as someone who vapes above 24 MG's.

What is the dosage for your daily vape?

How long have you been vaping?

Are you a 18MG nic user?

Last edited:

BluSwatch

Crazy Mod Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Washington
radiokaos - I am a 12mg nic user .... I was asking because the prior comments led me to think the 24mg juice had more WTA per volume than the 12mg. I was the one who was mixing the DIY concentrate at 15% with my regular juice I had on hand, but that quickly ran out, so I have been vaping the 12mg Vanilla Splash, Bandana, and now Cinnamon Roll.
I don't seem to be getting the same results though, so though I would get the 24mg juice and add a bit of my on-hand non-WTA juices to lower the nic to somewhere around 16-18mg, but maybe get more WTA?
I may be way off on my thinking ....

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I'm curious about this as well, and find it interesting that you'd be more satisfied adding 15% concentrate to regular juice than vaping the 12 mg WTA straight. Let's say though that you cut the 24 in half with PG, say. If the WTA is double that then this should provide you with the same strength of everything. We would think this would be the case without knowing anything else as if the WTA nic was added in proportion then there's twice as much of it with 24 mg, twice as much of everything in other words. So cutting it 2/3 24 mg WTA 1/3 12 mg regular juice should give you 1.5 times the WTA as 12 mg WTA. Now there wouldn't be any way to do this without upping the nic, as the WTA nic contains what you are after.

Prickly Pear comes in 18 mg, or at least there's some of that strength in stock now, and trying that straight would be an alternative to all of this, maybe :)

BluSwatch

Crazy Mod Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Washington
Kingcobra - I was thinking of cutting the nic down to maybe the 16-18mg range, that way, in my probably incorrect way of thinking, I would get 1.5 times the WTA as the 12mg.
I have a few juices that are 18mg sitting around from when I was first trying to find flavors, and as long as I don't chain vape it I am Ok.
I did notice when I used the concentrate at 15% I was able to put the PV down, so I am just trying to find a way to get back to that level of result. I am not sure what changed ... maybe it's partially mental also. :facepalm:

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I vape half strength 24, cut 50%, it doesn't have me putting the PV down as much as vaping straight 24 WTA did, but I'm satisfied enough I guess, enough to cut all the WTA juice I have this way without looking back. I do probably vape twice as much though as vaping the WTA straight, so on second thought I'm not sure there's any value in this for me :)

So that's worth a try anyway, you can always get some 24 juice and vape that straight, if you're used to vaping 12 that will get you to vape less that's for sure :)

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Kingcobra - I was thinking of cutting the nic down to maybe the 16-18mg range, that way, in my probably incorrect way of thinking, I would get 1.5 times the WTA as the 12mg.
I have a few juices that are 18mg sitting around from when I was first trying to find flavors, and as long as I don't chain vape it I am Ok.
I did notice when I used the concentrate at 15% I was able to put the PV down, so I am just trying to find a way to get back to that level of result. I am not sure what changed ... maybe it's partially mental also. :facepalm:

You are only going to end up raising your tolerance and nicotine levels by doing this. Think of cigarettes: the second one of the day never hits like the first. If you smoke stronger cigarettes or unfiltered, the same thing happens.

I personally started at 18mg, and tried some 24's. I think I do fine with the 18's, but I've never vaped 12 regularly.

(EDIT: I did order the 12mg Tobacco Road, since the 24 was out at the time. I'll try to report on how well it did for me by attempting to use it exclusively for a day. )

Both low mg nicotine with WTA and high nicotine with WTA do the same thing to me, the difference is how long I use the PV before stopping/switching to a non-WTA blend.

24 does not have an additional WTA punch, it just has more nicotine. If you vape 12 and 12 isn't working for you even with WTA except with the concentrate at around a 1:7 concentration , perhaps the nicotine is what you're lacking in this instance.

When you add concentrate, you're adding both, correct?

Using WTA is a little tricky until you begin noticing how your body responds to what level of nicotine in conjunction. Vaping a lot of 12/18mg and dipping into a 24mg blend with WTA provides a seriously strong wake-up call, one that isn't necessarily advisable if you have never used 24mg, though- that's double your current nicotine plus the minor alkaloids, which in turn make the nicotine more efficacious.

I've heard reviews from folks who vaped 12-18mg WTA blends, and said the 'kick' from those easily equalled 24-36mg nicotine alone.

YMMV

Last edited:

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
The Pomegranate is one of the ones I want to try, just need to find some 24 of it. I had a sample of 12 mg mad matador but I had to mix a ton of nic juice in it so that muted the flavor a fair bit. I have the real deal now, 26 mg, mixes very nice. I find now that vaping the straight WTA juice is too light for me, 26 mg is still weak for my tastes, but they sure do spice up my regular juice :)

I read at the beginning of this thread that no one is seeing unicorns, it's not what this juice gives you as much as what it gets rid of:

the-monkey-on-your-back-they-hide-......-in-the-filter-demotivational-poster-1275403182.jpg

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I know what you mean, try waiting a half hour or longer before your first vape in the AM. I waited a little bit this morning (I usually try to wait to vape until after the first cup of coffee in the morning- I didn't make it to the coffee before vaping this time), broke out the DK-TAB this AM after a short bout with Tobacco Road, and woah. :2cool:

I am still waiting to give Vanilla Splash a try, though. It was OOS the last time I checked. :ohmy:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
hey gang,

I'm still on the road but will be back in AZ in 24 hours.

Brobdingnangian, has a good understanding about WTA and its effects. Going with higher nic is not always the solution.

I'm working this out but when confirmed it will make no difference if you order high 24 MG nic or 12 MG nic when it comes to the amount of minor alkaloids in each bottle.

In simple terms you will get the same amount of minor alkaloids if you order 12 MG or 24 MG flavored eliquid. The only difference between the two is the amount of nicotine percentage.

We are running our lab 24/7 and our shipping cohorts are running crazy trying to get orders out the same day. I want to give big props to Chris and Larry. Without them I would not be able to get this product to you in a timely fashion.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Yes thanks Chris and Larry, great job on shipping out orders very quickly.

Brobdingnangian, I don't really notice a difference between vaping this stuff the first thing in the morning and later. I think that this might have something to do with my nic level, which I now have set to the high 20's, although that's less than what I've been vaping. I have definitely found that I need less nic though with WTA. I was vaping 36 before I got this, tried 24 but it was too light, went to 30, now about 28. I think though that you're going to get pow'd a lot more with that strength anytime, versus something like 12. If I don't get the full effect of every vape I take I'm breaking out my 60 mg nic to do some doctoring :)

I do notice a difference between nic levels though with WTA, a fair bit actually. I tried vaping 12 mg for the heck of it as I got a sample of that but that gave me some serious nic craving and it wasn't long until I had to bump it up big time.

Last edited:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
May be TMI, but I have noticed a few hits of WTA ejuice gets the digestive system moving. Seems to be a better trigger than non WTA ejuice and more like smoking a cigarette.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was worried about giving up analogs due to the fear of not having morning "sorties".

Its a difficult subject to talk about be we all have "sorties".

Here is the low down on sorties....I know most don't call it that, but somehow I managed to pick up that jargon.

Sortie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
I was thinking the same thing.

I was worried about giving up analogs due to the fear of not having morning "sorties".

Its a difficult subject to talk about be we all have "sorties".

Here is the low down on sorties....I know most don't call it that, but somehow I managed to pick up that jargon.

Sortie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, sorties. But the wiki info left out an important ingredient.

I call my morning sortie "MetaMucil Miracle" . A moving experience if there ever was one. It's alimentary my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread