Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
after a couple of days i have found 2 good TI builds that seem to do well for me.

took about a three foot piece of grade#1, 30ga TI & folded it in half and spun it pretty tight in my drill, this was way more than enough for a few builds.

conclusion, (single coil) 5 wraps on a 3/32 bit squeezed together as tight as i could get it without touching came out @ 0.20 exactly and held, 4 wraps came out @ 0.17. , temp set at 370-380 degrees on both and between 23 & 27 watts wicked w/Rayon, and they both chucked the Vapor.

what i really liked is you can use any dripper you want with post holes big enough & able to crank it down without breaking the wire.
i'm using a clone DNA40 so your mileage my vary on other devices,

Last edited:

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
yes basically, you will have to play around with it until you find your sweet-spot (80 to 100 degrees lower), also the TI wire builds last alot longer than NI200 and is more forgiving and the legs do not snap so easily......the NI builds get hot and come loose i was going thru 2 NI coils a day and the TI build i'm using now has been in service for at least a week and holding resistance....just make sure you buy grade#1 TI.....24 grade is what most prefer but it's hard to find so i settled for 30ga i just double a piece and twist it in my drill......presently using a 7wrap single coil that came out @ .24 and it chucks the vapor and you can build on any atty you want no hex screws needed...good luck.......there is a link to where i bought mine on page1, scroll down to the bottom of the page and it's reasonably priced.

mogur

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
Hey, guys. Just an old, lame guy, here.

The point is to get the maximum resistance spread over the temperature range of working atomizers. Nickel happens to meet that criteria better than titanium. The reason you want the highest resistance change to temperature, is to maximize the accuracy of using the resistance change to indicate temperature. Evolv researchers aren't stupid. They have a slightly bigger budget than us hobbyists. They made the very clever microcontroller program to cutoff power when the resistance of the atomizer approached the temperature limit set by the user. However, by knowing the preset temperature limit, they actually scaled up the amperage to the coil on approaching that limit, so that the time to reach vaping temperature is greatly reduced, knowing where the brakes to that ramp up must be applied.

Now that is smart. If I were younger (and less lame) I would apply for a job, there. This is the absolute future of vaping. Bank on it. No burning. Fast vaping. Careless vaping. It just doesn't get better.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I've tried both ni200 and titanium grade 1 wire, and while I agree temp control as a technology is pretty nifty. As a "experienced" vaper, I'm not impressed with the results. Every body Vapes differently. I like my vape on the warmer side, usually with kanthal around 1.5ohms somewhere between 15w-20w. That gives me the heat, vapor and flavor I like. Now maybe because I've vape basically the same kind of build for so long, I'm spoiled? I'm resisting change? I dunno. I'm not able to reproduce the heat or flavor on temp control builds. I've tried and tried... I get plenty of vapor but it's down right cold almost. No where near the temp I've come to expect when vaping.

I agree that the technology - especially for new vapers, will be amazing. Think about the learning curve we all went thru learning how to build, wick, etc. I've used silica, ekowool, cotton yarn, mesh, ss rope, cotton balls and now Japanese cotton (KGD). Everything except ceramics (that I'm aware of). So TC has its place, I personally just haven't found it to be a 100% replacement of kanthal builds. :(

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I use Ni200 and Ti and 24ga Titanium on a 3mm bit 6 warps 0.24Ω rocks @ 15.5W 320°

The 24ga is easy to work with and even with spaced coils is small enough to fit in any atty I own. Refinement is almost non-existent on any of my mods. Don't get me wrong I like and use Ni200 but the TI is just more consistent for me and produces great flavor with very little hassles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread