Terminator RA Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeepster08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Here is a photo of drip version on my Precise Plus 16340. It is exactly the same diameter as my Penelope. Terminator-Drip.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I am using the Vamo but have the instructions all printed and waiting for me to have time to get the Term set up. Tomorrow after all orders are shipped before Christmas, I have set some "ME" time aside to play with it. LOL I will let you know how it goes. ;)

It is easier than one might think, to set it up that is, finding time mmm, that's another story

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Just completed my second attempt at a mesh wick for my Terminator. First one OK, but nothing special. Just a rolled SS mesh all by itself. Seemed to leak & gurgle a lot.

Second attempt I wrapped the SS mesh around a 3mm silica wick and assembled as usual. I pre-oxidized the mesh before rolling. Burnt the silica wick before wrapping the mesh onto it. The dripped some juice (one drip) on mesh and flamed the wick. Repeated three times. Then assembled the coil. No hotspots. Yea!

Coil came in at 1.6 / 1.7 ohms. I'm breaking it in at 3.4v. Nice vapor production. Little harsh taste, as to be expected with new build. I'll break it in for next several hours and we'll see. So far very pleased.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I use 3.5 mm silica with in the coil but I cut some of the strands off so to have only 2 mm running down the channels.
The mesh set up is of great interest to me, keep us updated please.
In fact I may try it right now, I'm thinking
OK I have it ready to install but I'm going to wait till it's time to re coil as I have just re-done both of mine

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I have not dripped to the point it floods to find out, but I have been dripping about 6 drops at time with no problem.
Other than easier to not drip into the cup, is there any difference as just where the juice that is put in there goes vs the large Terminator?

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
Other than easier to not drip into the cup, is there any difference as just where the juice that is put in there goes vs the large Terminator?

you can drip in the same way with large and small...basically all goes to the ceramic housing. so if you wanted to make a drip mode out of large terminator tank, you could take off the ss tank and top caps and you have yourself a dripping atty. so you just need the base, the rebuildable part/ceramic housing/wick/wire, and mouthpiece...and in a sense, you have a very similar atty to drip mode, just drip a few drops into the mouthpiece and vape away. just make sure to keep the mouthpiece screwed all the way down to the knurled ring so juice doesnt leak out :)

also, both drip mode and the way i described above work as bottom feeding atties too!

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I did it! And I must say WOW! Much easier than I thought although took longer than I expected....DHL came, unpacked the order and got it on the website, customer called, answered 2 emails...so much for "ME" time. LOL This is a nice device, great taste, lots of vapor and great throat hit! I used the supplied coil out of shear laziness but it's great! Here's a really bad phone pic of the Terminator on my new Evic!

terminator on evic.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I think you will find this quite interesting, I purchased an extra ceramic piece with the idea of using a Dremel to increase the channels size. So I did this very carefully, a little surprised that it cut pretty easy.So I go ahead and make a wick and coil using 3.5 mm silica which fits real nice now.
Here's where it gets "good", I screw the RB assembly into the base and lock down the ring, When I go to screw on the mouth piece it feels like it wants to cross thread but that was not the case either. On the ceramic piece on the side of the wick channels was actually just a tad bit higher than threads on the metal piece that the mouth piece screws onto.
I removed the ceramic and run it back and forth a bit on a piece of Emory board. The ears on the ceramic were sticking out just far enough past the threads that the mouth piece threads would not start, I had to use a magnifying glass to even see this as it was that close. So now I have DIY V2 ceramic

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I think that it has been 2 weeks now since I received my 1st Terminator, I finally cleaned up my four DC tanks that I have not touched since, even my gens which work extremely well are being neglected. The Terminator is that good, hey if you are on the fence about spending a few bucks more then get off of that fence and go for it.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I just took one apart and changed the ceramic cup, it went back together fine. I did notice on mine that if I wasn't very careful, it seemed like the mouthpiece was wanting to cross thread. Anyone else see that?

That is what I was normally experiencing and at first that is what I thought was happening but with this particular ceramic is was jus a fuzz to big

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I just took one apart and changed the ceramic cup, it went back together fine. I did notice on mine that if I wasn't very careful, it seemed like the mouthpiece was wanting to cross thread. Anyone else see that?
It's good that it's only one that is that way, it surely almost fit, and it didn't take much to remedy

chieftechnicalwizard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Atlanta
Very nice. I got my package today! The Penelope sleeve threads onto the drip mode terminator. However it is much taller than the penny base so it doesn't seat all the way. These are ending up in my stocking so I'll send build pictures after tomorrow.
I'm so stoked they made it today! Along with some 500 mesh for my genesis attys finally :)
Thank you Cloudburst and Stormy for a great shop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Very nice. I got my package today! The Penelope sleeve threads onto the drip mode terminator. However it is much taller than the penny base so it doesn't seat all the way. These are ending up in my stocking so I'll send build pictures after tomorrow.
I'm so stoked they made it today! Along with some 500 mesh for my genesis attys finally :)
Thank you Cloudburst and Stormy for a great shop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So does that mean that you can't use the Penny sleeve in the Term base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread