Terminator RA Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

chieftechnicalwizard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Atlanta
So does that mean that you can't use the Penny sleeve in the Term base?

Here are some examples. uploadfromtaptalk1356393929166.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1356393929166.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356393952334.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356393952334.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 67
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356393995123.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356393995123.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 58

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I received my Nextel wick today but I was going to out off Dremeling out the channels of the other ceramic, well I guess I got ambitious or something so I really took some meat out of this ceramic. Nextel is in there, up the one side, across the cup and down the other side. I'm testing now, Ill post again the results after I get to work(soon)

update: I had to go in and remove about half of the wick in the channels as it would not wick fast enough.
This stuff is still a little big even with the modifications that I made to the ceramic piece. In the morning when I get home from work I'll re do it with 3.5 mm silica, that was the project anyway, the Nextel was just an experimental after thought.
I make my coils with what I'll call a modified drill bit method, I wrap the wire on a small shaft then apply a small piece of foil to the end of the silica (like on the end of a shoe string) and feed it through the coil, then I untwist the wick that's inside the coil.
With the Nextel I cant build it like this so back to regular Silica I go.

Some more: The Nextel ended up working pretty good but I shall return to my old silica ways.

Last edited:

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
I received my Nextel wick today but I was going to out off Dremeling out the channels of the other ceramic, well I guess I got ambitious or something so I really took some meat out of this ceramic. Nextel is in there, up the one side, across the cup and down the other side. I'm testing now, Ill post again the results after I get to work(soon)

just be careful with it mate. i noticed a lot of particulate matter coming off the nextel and it worried me. do you see how powder just sloughs off the nextel?

easygany

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Renton, WA
Run the 3 mm across the top but maybe only 2 mm (or less) down the channels as cotton swells slightly and the channels are made with 2 mm silica in mind(IMO)

I decided to use #2/0 (1.75 mm) cotton wick, doubled across the top and singles on both channels, about 2" of Kanthal A-1 32 ga resistance wire and 2pcs of 4" silver NR wire. Got 2.4 ohms on resistance, set my Provari at 4.3 volts. Nice vapor production though gurgly at first, have to play with the liquid control a little bit and set about 3/4 turn. Turning the mouthpiece for liquid control is not that smooth, turning is a little tight and then becomes loose. Not bad though, I can live with that. Machining of the Terminator RA is at par with the best machined rebuildables out there, it's a great piece of art, quality is first rate I just wish the manufacturer comes out with the Penelope-clone and I'll get one in a heartbeat.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I decided to use #2/0 (1.75 mm) cotton wick, doubled across the top and singles on both channels, about 2" of Kanthal A-1 32 ga resistance wire and 2pcs of 4" silver NR wire. Got 2.4 ohms on resistance, set my Provari at 4.3 volts. Nice vapor production though gurgly at first, have to play with the liquid control a little bit and set about 3/4 turn. Turning the mouthpiece for liquid control is not that smooth, turning is a little tight and then becomes loose. Not bad though, I can live with that. Machining of the Terminator RA is at par with the best machined rebuildables out there, it's a great piece of art, quality is first rate I just wish the manufacturer comes out with the Penelope-clone and I'll get one in a heartbeat.

The mouth piece threads will loosen up with use, start with liquid control closed after filling until it starts to need more. IMO

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
I can't get my terminator to run consistently. It either gets dry or to wet and gargally.

I'm using the wick and coil that it came with. 2 ohm coil and have the zmax down to 5 watts.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Suggestions?

i dont have those issues, but this is what i do, you might do all these things too. i always add a few drops of liquid to the wick before i put the mp on. i always close the mp all the way down before filling. i screw the top cap on without the oring or the top cap top nut, then i put the oring on, then i slowly close the top cap nut. i take a few hits with the mp closed, then slowly opening as i take more hits, adjusting as i go. if i hear a slight gurgle, i turn the mp 1/4 to 1/2 turn closed at a time till it goes away.

im having an easy time getting a great vape...no different than other very expensive atties. im at 1.5 ohms, 8.5watts, 32 gauge nichrome, 2 pieces of 2.5mm wick silica wick, one cut short and just sits in the top of the ceramic, the other long and down the channels. lots of flavor and vapor. nice slight crackly sound.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
you're an artist jmarkus! I got mine yesterday, but i have to study the set up vids and have some time to get it right as possible.. it's been a long time since i set up an Ody. I've had them all, and always end up using my HH357's for instant gratification... ::)I got a few rba's just sitting waiting for attention.
i dont have those issues, but this is what i do, you might do all these things too. i always add a few drops of liquid to the wick before i put the mp on. i always close the mp all the way down before filling. i screw the top cap on without the oring or the top cap top nut, then i put the oring on, then i slowly close the top cap nut. i take a few hits with the mp closed, then slowly opening as i take more hits, adjusting as i go. if i hear a slight gurgle, i turn the mp 1/4 to 1/2 turn closed at a time till it goes away.

im having an easy time getting a great vape...no different than other very expensive atties. im at 1.5 ohms, 8.5watts, 32 gauge nichrome, 2 pieces of 2.5mm wick silica wick, one cut short and just sits in the top of the ceramic, the other long and down the channels. lots of flavor and vapor. nice slight crackly sound.

Bourbonman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2012
Chicago burbs
Does anybody have their Terminator gurgle after refilling? I make sure that the liquid control is closed before, in between, and after unscrewing the 2 top pieces and I still get alot of gurgling after refilling. Probably around a good 10 puffs before it goes away.

Yep, it happens to me too, and from what I've read its pretty common. Screwing the top cap down causes pressure that forces the juice out. I just blow into the 510 end and blow the excess juice out the mouthpiece into a kleenex and it's good to go. Happens on Penelope also.

chieftechnicalwizard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Atlanta
Been vaping the tank version all day. So nice, the mouth piece threading is rough. Only issue.
I need to find a clear for it and a larger capacity. Going to think about the rampage vapor mouth pieces and expansion sets. Any other thoughts or options?
Cotton wick rules in this and the Penelope I tried the aunt Lydia's bamboo thread and I did not like it much...

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Been vaping the tank version all day. So nice, the mouth piece threading is rough. Only issue.
I need to find a clear for it and a larger capacity. Going to think about the rampage vapor mouth pieces and expansion sets. Any other thoughts or options?
Cotton wick rules in this and the Penelope I tried the aunt Lydia's bamboo thread and I did not like it much...
I got tired of waiting on the one that I ordered from Rampage, it's still less than 3 wks. , so I ordered another from another vendor , it's $ 8 more but I'll bet I get it first, it probably will ship tomorrow
I need two anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I can't get my terminator to run consistently. It either gets dry or to wet and gargally.

I'm using the wick and coil that it came with. 2 ohm coil and have the zmax down to 5 watts.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Suggestions?
If you are using that little 1.5 silica wick(I think) with the little coil on it take that out and do what ever with it, that is a wick that would come with a Phoenix or something(worthless there to) At minimum use 2 mm and double it up under coil , make it just like in Igetcha69's Oddy review and you will be pleased with it

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA

the only way to go imho is order direct from kir fanis. fast service (takes about a week from greece and he ships next day usually). is less expensive than other places and hes the original maker of the clears for ody.

odysseus clear windows

hes super nice and responsive if you have any questions.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
you're an artist jmarkus! I got mine yesterday, but i have to study the set up vids and have some time to get it right as possible.. it's been a long time since i set up an Ody. I've had them all, and always end up using my HH357's for instant gratification... ::)I got a few rba's just sitting waiting for attention.

UKE!!!! long time man, hope youre well my friend.

greeco555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Greece
originally is named as Nautilus at least this is how is called in Europe and it does perform well compere to the original and i do have both and it does sold cheaper in US consider that i bought t almost 75 euro

just watch out for the leaking issues you might need to change the o rings at the center post base, this silicon rings after long use gets to much soft and allows juice to come out

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Navy_Lifeguard - Nautilus

If you go to this link of Navy Lifeguard Nautilus review you can see a silicone piece between the very bottom o-ring and the knurled nut that secures the positive wire. Also it appears to have another silicone piece just under the ceramic cup holder, these pieces are not on the Oddy or Terminator. Is perhaps the Nautilus an earlier or later revision or even from another manufacturer?
I can certainly understand the bottom o-ring taking a beating no matter who made it especially if over tightened and without lubrication.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I just saw the video again, and I have to say when I saw it the first time it was posted in the GG forum , it made think it was not very well made or finished. That must have been a quickie prototype as you can see lots of burrs and the center pin was off to the side and the plastic/silicone was so roughly cut under the ceramic part. He also poured the primer juice right down the center of the ceramic which will cause some leakage. He also did that odd thing with the negative wire which I might try, but see no need to.

When I got the terminator I was so happily surprised that it didnt have the silicone parts and that the threading was so well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread