• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Texas Vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laffs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Texas
Hello, I am near Abilene and work there. I'm a new vaper as of July 15 and no analogs since 2 pm the 16th. I saw in the Abilene thread where Brew Net was mentioned and was thrilled to know there was a local shop, only to find it had closed.

Oh well, I'm very happy we have this forum to help me spend my paycheck. LOL

Ak8s

Aug 9, 2011
Beaumont, TX
Howdy from Beaumont! I started vaping 8/7/11 and quit analogs on 8/8/11. In that short time I have had an array of supplies. I started with the Smoke-51 Duo, tried some disposable Royal Smoke brand ecigs, tried the truck stop Mistic ecig and have settled on a Riva based on forum input. I love it and love trying the different juices. I'm finding there are several that just don't do it for me, but being frugal, I'm gonna vape them anyway unless I find someone else nearby who wants to trade. Funny how I mention being frugal after all the different types I listed trying in just 2 weeks. ha! But I really do TRY to be frugal, honest. ;-) Love vaping and love this little community!

TxParamedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
The great State of Texas
Not yet they faxed me a list of their juices. They don't have much of a web presence I just stumbled on them. They operate out of a computer store. The reason I asked is they are a bit pricey, I'd need to sample their juice or hear from someone who had before I ordered online. I am trying to locate all the storefront supplyer in the places I travel just in case I got caught short. My parents live in Abilene so I find myself there often so it wouldnt hurt to have some intel on a local supplyer.

Longhorn RN

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Texas
Just found this forum...glad to be in the company of fellow Texans! I'm in the Conroe/Magnolia area. I bought a starter kit 3 weeks ago today and haven't touched an analog since! Never thought that would have been possible, I smoked 1-1.5 ppd for about 20 years and I have never felt better or been so proud! My Echo 1300 came today and needless to say...I'm in vaping heaven and one very, very happy woman! Looking forward to getting this forum awake...it shouldn't be so lonely..."everything's bigger in Texas"! ;)

Laffs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Texas
1509 S 14th St, Abilene, TX I know it as a computer store I sometimes pass by. Had no idea that they may sell eliquid. However, when a web site's page is down, I have to wonder if they are still in business. I need to check it out I guess. Thanks, TxParamedic, I'll report back sometime this week, if I can remember where I said this on here. ;)

Longhorn RN

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Texas
Alright, Texans! This doesn't have anything to do with vaping but I am vaping, so hopefully that counts...lol!

WTH? Guadalupe and Comal Rivers are banning disposable containers as of January 2012????? UGH! This includes non-alcholoic disposable containers, i.e. water bottles (for those that do not consume the other beverages while floating the river). Hopefully this will be repealled somehow. I know so many people who own homes on the river that rent during the season and this will be a big blow to them! Needless to say, we are planning a river trip soon!

Has anyone taken their pv while floating the river? Hmmmm...we need to mod one of the waterproof pelican cases!!!! Otherwise, as the saying goes, I'll up up/down a creek without a pv...lol! I've never floated without an analog!

Jasonlowe

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
East tx
Jacksonville Texas here. I started. With a smoke anywhere what a rip off. Then I found a 510 kit at a local tobacco shop. Then a ego when they first came out on to the ego t that leaked every time I used it. Back to the ego and changed to cartos and a 3ml tank from vaporescence. Now I'm waiting. On my silver bullet to be delivered.

Katy

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Houston, TX
Just found this forum...glad to be in the company of fellow Texans! I'm in the Conroe/Magnolia area. I bought a starter kit 3 weeks ago today and haven't touched an analog since! Never thought that would have been possible, I smoked 1-1.5 ppd for about 20 years and I have never felt better or been so proud! My Echo 1300 came today and needless to say...I'm in vaping heaven and one very, very happy woman! Looking forward to getting this forum awake...it shouldn't be so lonely..."everything's bigger in Texas"! ;)

Like you, I too, just found this Texas site. I'm not too far from you (Kingwood). After 50 years of smoking, I got my first personal vaporizer in June and haven't touched an analog cigarette since. Right now, I'm having a time with allergies and keep experimenting with pg/vg amounts to see if that might lesson all the sneezing and congestionl.

Longhorn RN

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Texas
Like you, I too, just found this Texas site. I'm not too far from you (Kingwood). After 50 years of smoking, I got my first personal vaporizer in June and haven't touched an analog cigarette since. Right now, I'm having a time with allergies and keep experimenting with pg/vg amounts to see if that might lesson all the sneezing and congestionl.

It is a roller coaster of allergy type symptoms...lol! I'm not an allergy sufferer but that part drove me nuts! I think a higher pg is what works for me. I tried all vg and my nose just ran looking at my pv! I was analog free for awhile and then thanks to the wildfires out here in Magnolia, I picked up analogs again due to running out of juice, forgeting to pack a charger, etc during evacuation preparations. Thankfully we never evacuated!!

It's a trial and error with pv's and juice! I am having a hard time finding juice I like...grrr!

Russet002

Oct 24, 2011
San Antonio
I am in San Antonio. I got into vapping earlier this week. I got me a kit from V4L, gave most of the kit to my ex/best friend. Both me and him smoked for the same reason, so even no nic helps keeps him off the analogs (got him a few low mg cartos anyway), and I been off them for a long time, but I miss having something to puff. I ordered the kit after going to a party and meeting another vaper. There are actually quite a few here in San Antonio, but besides at parties, I never actually see anyone vape in public. All the ones I know are V4L users, I don't know if we have a storefront?

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas
Howdy All!
New to the forum and to vaping (about 2 weeks). Great to see a Texas forum. 49 year old, 35 year "reds" smoking, soon-to-be single guitar player from Pasa-get-down-dena now living in BFE (Beeville, Tx). Love this stuff! A wonderful way to quit the analogs! Bought an Njoy NPro and loved the concept though the carto tasted like a cows backside. So I bought some 4081 cartos and a 5ml juice and now I'm in vaping heaven. VERY effective. Just ordered the SI Volt as my primary PV and will keep the NPro as a spare.

For those in San Antonio, you now have a storefront for local purchasing here:

Vaporescence - eCigarettes, Accessories, US Made eLiquids

Fish

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Hello from deep East Texas! (Douglass, close to Nacogdoches~living and loving the country life!)
Started vaping about 2 months ago on a Blu, but kept going back to the analogs while waiting for the batteries to charge. After finding ECF I upgraded to a Riva SE and an eGo-T and haven't smoked since!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread