The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

the Aquav2 clone thread

Discussion in 'RTA' started by roxynoodle, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Including the discussion of FT's alleged authentic :)

I ordered one myself.

2. VaPreis

VaPreis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    Ordered mine this morning before work. Hoping to have it under the tree for Christmas.

Personally, I believe it is "authentic", at least in the sense that it was produced by the same manufacturer that produces the authentic. Or perhaps as Footoon says, it was "leaked" from the original manufacturer. Either way, the machining on it appears excellent.

I guess we'll have more to talk about in a few weeks when it shows up. :)

3. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I agree it looked much more precise than the others :)

4. Mtek

Mtek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2014
    WA
    I ordered it as soon as it was posted in the authentic thread. I'm hopeful it is an authentic blem. I know footoon denied it on FB, but any legit manuf would deny it...FT is selling it for 35 bucks while their authorized sellers are at 150+. The machining does look better, and the packaging says it is 316 ss. Well see, if it is a clone, it's a clone. No big deal if it works.

5. VaPreis

VaPreis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    It's no different then how Innokin and Sigelei deny that their products sold on Fasttech are authentic, and it's for the exact same reason: Fasttech sells well below the MSRP.

BTW, I hope they're not blems. I'd be ticked if it my new authentic Aqua had a scratch on it. ;)

6. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    If its authentic it can have a scratch for that price, lol!

7. Mtek

Oct 14, 2014
    WA
    I hope someone has an authentic, just so we know. Again, I am not expecting much.

8. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm not going to be a good judge.

My authentic Squape R is nearly identical to my Kingtu clone. If I hid the logo in a pic I bet half here would guess incorrectly which was which.

My only other authentics are the Lemo and Doge.

I can tell an authentic kayfun if I can handle it in person. Or I should say I can tell it apart from an EHPro.

9. Mtek

Oct 14, 2014
    WA
    I can tell an ephro clone from an auth Kfl when vaping. The ephro is better.

10. Mccannch

Mccannch Senior Member

Nov 10, 2014
    NY
    Just went to buy one and "sold out". No restocking period either. Good chance it's authentic then?

11. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    I was an idiot and told myself "meh just wait till later to buy it" and of course now theyre sold out. Even if it isnt authentic, the fact its 316 and looks to be machined flawlessly makes me an extremely sad sad man that I missed out.

Anyone buy two by chance? =(

12. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    Was just posted back up listed as OEM. Went ahead and purchased. What a steal.
    Basically a legit V2 for $31 shipped? Yes plz.
    From FT:

Dear valued customer,

As you may have noticed, the product title for this item SKU 1980900 has been changed from "Authentic" to "OEM", we would like to explain the scene behind this change.

"The authentic one from Footoon is manufactured by a Chinese OEM(Original equipment manufacturer) factory. This item SKU 1980900 is manufactured by the same factory.

In order to avoid legal issues, we have asked the manufacturer to print something different on its packaging box, that is the triangle mark on its top left corner, which the authentic one doesn't have.

After further reflection, we decided to change the product title from "authentic" to "OEM" which better suits the actual product.

We will contact the affected customers for this. If you prefer to have a refund, please open a ticket and we will process it for you in 24 working hours.

Thank you for your understanding."

13. TheKiwi

TheKiwi Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

In for one!

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

14. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    Being the curious buyer I am, I went and checked the Footoon FB...they vehemently deny it as being authentic (obviously) but dont deny they werent leaked from the chinese factory theyre produced.
    I was JUST debating whether to grab the Tobeco clone or the authentic the past week, this atty has been #1 on my list, this listing was a godsend, I really didnt have $150 to drop on a new tank, and I knew id end up having some gripe with one of the other clones.

Im curious if these are going to be sold for a while, or if theyre a really limited amount. If its the latter I can only imagine how long itll be till a bunch are posted at a huge markup (still well under the "authentic" authentic price) on ebay and the like.
    I was devastated when I saw it said sold out, glad I was able to grab one.

15. Mtek

Oct 14, 2014
    WA
    I am so happy to hear this, glad I snagged one.

16. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Back on FT now.

Just goes to show how much Footoon mark these things up.

17. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    Well this is about as solid an answer one could ask for. Unless Fasttech blatantly made up this story which I dont believe they did,

18. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    They sell clones but they don't deny that.
    Whenever Fasttech describe something as authentic they're always telling the truth - this is from the same factory.

Don't forget though - it's not authentic - the Footoon version has a card with it!
    I'm presuming the card has magical powers or is made from some rare element.

19. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    Yup from my experience FT hasnt ever purposely misled sales. Like I said, they get specs wrong, or describe something false that they were told from the vendor, but this is different, they are specifically saying this outright. They seem to be very sure of this fact.
    I wish I could afford a few of them for other mods, but one will do for now. I guess we'll see how long they are available.

20. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Had to pick up one of these. Not quite sure why. Maybe just out of spite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.