Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Ordered mine this morning before work. Hoping to have it under the tree for Christmas.

Personally, I believe it is "authentic", at least in the sense that it was produced by the same manufacturer that produces the authentic. Or perhaps as Footoon says, it was "leaked" from the original manufacturer. Either way, the machining on it appears excellent.

I guess we'll have more to talk about in a few weeks when it shows up. :)

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
I ordered it as soon as it was posted in the authentic thread. I'm hopeful it is an authentic blem. I know footoon denied it on FB, but any legit manuf would deny it...FT is selling it for 35 bucks while their authorized sellers are at 150+. The machining does look better, and the packaging says it is 316 ss. Well see, if it is a clone, it's a clone. No big deal if it works.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I ordered it as soon as it was posted in the authentic thread. I'm hopeful it is an authentic blem. I know footoon denied it on FB, but any legit manuf would deny it...FT is selling it for 35 bucks while their authorized sellers are at 150+. The machining does look better, and the packaging says it is 316 ss. Well see, if it is a clone, it's a clone. No big deal if it works.

It's no different then how Innokin and Sigelei deny that their products sold on Fasttech are authentic, and it's for the exact same reason: Fasttech sells well below the MSRP.

BTW, I hope they're not blems. I'd be ticked if it my new authentic Aqua had a scratch on it. ;)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm not going to be a good judge.

My authentic Squape R is nearly identical to my Kingtu clone. If I hid the logo in a pic I bet half here would guess incorrectly which was which.

My only other authentics are the Lemo and Doge.

I can tell an authentic kayfun if I can handle it in person. Or I should say I can tell it apart from an EHPro.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
I'm not going to be a good judge.

My authentic Squape R is nearly identical to my Kingtu clone. If I hid the logo in a pic I bet half here would guess incorrectly which was which.

My only other authentics are the Lemo and Doge.

I can tell an authentic kayfun if I can handle it in person. Or I should say I can tell it apart from an EHPro.

I can tell an ephro clone from an auth Kfl when vaping. The ephro is better.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
Was just posted back up listed as OEM. Went ahead and purchased. What a steal.
Basically a legit V2 for $31 shipped? Yes plz.
From FT:

Dear valued customer,

As you may have noticed, the product title for this item SKU 1980900 has been changed from "Authentic" to "OEM", we would like to explain the scene behind this change.

"The authentic one from Footoon is manufactured by a Chinese OEM(Original equipment manufacturer) factory. This item SKU 1980900 is manufactured by the same factory.

In order to avoid legal issues, we have asked the manufacturer to print something different on its packaging box, that is the triangle mark on its top left corner, which the authentic one doesn't have.

After further reflection, we decided to change the product title from "authentic" to "OEM" which better suits the actual product.

We will contact the affected customers for this. If you prefer to have a refund, please open a ticket and we will process it for you in 24 working hours.

Thank you for your understanding."

Last edited:

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
Being the curious buyer I am, I went and checked the Footoon FB...they vehemently deny it as being authentic (obviously) but dont deny they werent leaked from the chinese factory theyre produced.
I was JUST debating whether to grab the Tobeco clone or the authentic the past week, this atty has been #1 on my list, this listing was a godsend, I really didnt have $150 to drop on a new tank, and I knew id end up having some gripe with one of the other clones.

Im curious if these are going to be sold for a while, or if theyre a really limited amount. If its the latter I can only imagine how long itll be till a bunch are posted at a huge markup (still well under the "authentic" authentic price) on ebay and the like.
I was devastated when I saw it said sold out, glad I was able to grab one.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
Was just posted back up listed as OEM. Went ahead and purchased. What a steal.
Basically a legit V2 for $31 shipped? Yes plz.
From FT:

Dear valued customer,

As you may have noticed, the product title for this item SKU 1980900 has been changed from "Authentic" to "OEM", we would like to explain the scene behind this change.

"The authentic one from Footoon is manufactured by a Chinese OEM(Original equipment manufacturer) factory. This item SKU 1980900 is manufactured by the same factory.

In order to avoid legal issues, we have asked the manufacturer to print something different on its packaging box, that is the triangle mark on its top left corner, which the authentic one doesn't have.

After further reflection, we decided to change the product title from "authentic" to "OEM" which better suits the actual product.

We will contact the affected customers for this. If you prefer to have a refund, please open a ticket and we will process it for you in 24 working hours.

Thank you for your understanding."

I am so happy to hear this, glad I snagged one.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
Well this is about as solid an answer one could ask for. Unless Fasttech blatantly made up this story which I dont believe they did,

For the record, this product is made by the same production line in the exact factory that made the $100+ "Authentic" Aqua.

Problem is, the factory is not authorized to use the packaging so the product can't come with its "original" box. Since calling this authentic won't be 100% true without the same packaging, the name got changed to OEM.

We assure you that the product is made from the original production line and this is not simply a so-called "1:1".

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Well this is about as solid an answer one could ask for. Unless Fasttech blatantly made up this story which I dont believe they did,

They sell clones but they don't deny that.
Whenever Fasttech describe something as authentic they're always telling the truth - this is from the same factory.

Don't forget though - it's not authentic - the Footoon version has a card with it!
I'm presuming the card has magical powers or is made from some rare element.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
Yup from my experience FT hasnt ever purposely misled sales. Like I said, they get specs wrong, or describe something false that they were told from the vendor, but this is different, they are specifically saying this outright. They seem to be very sure of this fact.
I wish I could afford a few of them for other mods, but one will do for now. I guess we'll see how long they are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread