Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
They sell clones but they don't deny that.
Whenever fasttech describe something as authentic they're always telling the truth - this is from the same factory.

Don't forget though - it's not authentic - the Footoon version has a card with it!
I'm presuming the card has magical powers or is made from some rare element.

The card raises the price $115.

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
For the record, this product is made by the same production line in the exact factory that made the $100+ "Authentic" Aqua.

Problem is, the factory is not authorized to use the packaging so the product can't come with its "original" box. Since calling this authentic won't be 100% true without the same packaging, the name got changed to OEM.

We assure you that the product is made from the original production line and this is not simply a so-called "1:1".

Well this is about as solid an answer one could ask for. Unless fasttech blatantly made up this story which I dont believe they did,

says nothing about quality control, though.

I know from experience within the bicycle industry, the product that doesnt make the first round of QC is supposed to be destroyed, but instead up on ebay or elsewhere as "pinarello dogma style carbon fiber frameset" without the official decals/paint. so-called factory seconds.

hope you guys dont end up with atomizers where the threading in a post was never completed or something. when is this expected to arrive? maybe someone who has a known authentic and an OEM can post up a comparison when they receive it.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
Fasttech's customer service (albeit slow) and warranty is excellent. If it's jacked up in anyway, they'll make it right.

From what I've read, I would trust FTs customer service over Fotoon's as it seems they don't respond.

The card gives you the ability to post in the "authentic" thread.

I'm always a day late for these types of deals/finds, so glad I joined here as I wouldn't have known.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Footoon says they do not outsource to China. Nikki posted a pic of the o rings, etc that come with the authentic on the Focalecig thread. They don't match the ones with the clone. The brass hybrid bolt doesn't match either.

So not sure why FT is saying what they are about it.

That really seems to depend on which of his postings you read.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Footoon says they do not outsource to China. Nikki posted a pic of the o rings, etc that come with the authentic on the Focalecig thread. They don't match the ones with the clone. The brass hybrid bolt doesn't match either.

I wouldn't admit to outsourcing to China either.

I suppose it's possible they outsourced to a Korean manufacturer who then outsourced the work to China...

or they have the parts made in China, then shipped to Korea for final assembly, inspection and oring installation.

Either way, Footoon has nothing to gain by admitting that they outsource. Remember, there was a Californian company that claimed to have a U.S.A. designed and made mod, which turned out to be a modified clone from China.

Edit: FastTech has proven to me that they are a reliable and honest company, and have dealt with me fairly when I have had QC issues with their products. I'll take their word over FooToon, whom I've never had dealings with, but from what I've read, have poor to non-existant customer service.

That picture is also of the 2nd run, the "dolphin" version. FT's is the 1st run, the "shark" version. No one seems to know if the nut knurling and o-rings changed between versions.

Last edited:

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
Like I said, Fasttech would have had to completely make up that story, which I just cant see them doing. They have never done it, it doesnt make sense for them to start.
On the other hand, Footoon flat out said "If they leaked from the chinese factory, we dont consider them authentic", if they dont outsource to China, how is there a chinese factory for them to possibly leak from? With the rumor about Footoon outsourcing to China floating around for a LONG time now, it just bolsters FT's claim even more to me.

The "OEM" version is obviously much much better quality than the others posted, I can see it on multiple areas, the others have obvious differences from the authentic, the OEM looks identical on the atty itself in every way I can tell. The insulator size and placement, the screws, the material finish, the quality of holes and overall finish, the 510 pin, its all identical. The OEM is indistinguishable from the authentic to me, the "clones" all have at least something that give them away. The only difference I can spot is the extras bag, which can be for any number of reasons.

Is it possible FT made it all up? Absolutely. I dont personally think they did, and a lot of things support that to me, but even if that were the case this version is clearly better than the others, and for $32 shipped I will not be upset either way.
I REALLY dont think they are blatantly lying about where these come from though. FT is a lot of things but theyve been nothing but upfront in all my experience with them. They get specs wrong, they fix it when its pointed out and apologise and offer refunds to those who want them. They get wrong info from factories/vendors, they fix it and offer refunds to those who want them.
FT staff unequivocally stated these no doubt 100% are off the authentic line, if quality matches that I am a happy buyer. It saved me over $120 on a tank I was going to buy anyway.
Thats good enough for me.

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
maybe he's telling the truth -- everything is made in korea in his factory. but maybe footoon has a rat working for him. and this employee is syphoning parts here and there and slipping them out the backdoor to fasttech for some old school dirty cashmoney. and maybe this person is a trusted individual like a brother or cousin and footoon has a huge blindspot for the truth. I mean, his posts on the subject seem like he's dumbfounded. this theory allows everyone to be correct. as for the o-rings and brass hybrid connector, maybe the rat wasnt able to swipe those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread