the Aquav2 clone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I run mine single micro coil at 1.2 at 16 watts. I don't think I am missing out on vape quality. Fantastic taste and plenty of vapor. To be fair I have never really liked dual coils, needs to much power and eats juice, but since I make my own juices now I may try duals again.
I run a single coil at 1.8 ohm and only put a bit of cotton in 1 of the extra juice channels always Vapes nice at about 12 watts-no Clouds Never have gotten the Clouds thing myself-I just Vape 24mg Juice.

Last edited:

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
airflow is not as open as I would like
doesn't disperse heat very well, drip tip gets hotter than other tanks I've used, that could be me throwing half ohm builds in it,

You really should consider drilling it out, I love mine! It's super easy, just don't forget to pull out the insulator first. Remove some material from it as well, to make the interior air chanels larger. I'm vaping mine at 45 watts rights now, not a hot vape by any means. Twisted 31ga, 12 wraps, 2mm, 2 ohms x2. Right now at 1ohm seeing 6.9volts. I usually vapes at 40 watts, never a dry hit, 80% VG. Spacing the coils seems to be the key for me to not get dry hits, when running these longer coils. Flavor is insane.

ETA: I've been running two Tobecos for months now, not a single issue. Highly recommmended.

Last edited:

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I didn't have any luck pushing it out through the post holes so I hooked it from the bottom and tugged it right out, there's an O-ring that secures/centers it. I use a hooked tool like shown below:

ETA, forget pushing on the positive insulator to remove it- they're not attached. The pos. insulator is removed from the top, it will be easy to push out once the big insulator is out.
$_1.JPG

Last edited:

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
http://youtu.be/eCZ7RVdGtGw

This vid shows the breakdown & an airflow mod

Yeah, thats the video I watched. Unfortunately I watched it after I did the damn drilling. Insulator is much harder to remove after it's a bit melted on one side! :laugh:

Anywho, just jam a screwdriver through the exterior airhole and push, you should be able to work it free.

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
Curious if the airflow is better than the stock Aqua considering haw large the air passages are on the SP, or is it for the looks? View attachment 427858

Airflow is greatly improved when using the silverplay deck. It's great so far. Has the awesome flavor of the Aqua and the great airflow of the silverplay.

A big win in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Cool... cool. I'm interested in a replacement for the dreadful build deck of the Aqua 2 clones I have. Well, not so much the deck per se, but the darned posts! They're just a total pain to work with- hollow below the level of the holes for the coil tails on the negative post, too many holes (6) and even w/6 holes, they STILL don't come out straight. Then there's the air flow (only slightly restricted for my vape). But if I could lay hands on one of those SP bases I'd bin the Aqua 2 base in a NY minute!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Is there a place I can get parts for this? I noticed my 510 insulator is cracked :(

Did you try Fasttech? At least with the clones, there are some parts. People with authentics can't seem to get anything.

You might be able to make yourself one. Fat Daddy Vapes sells delrin blanks.

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
Well I have not used the aqua v2 for sometime now and thought I would give it a vape again. I have been busy buying goblins and cthulhu's lemos etc. Anyway pit a fresh triple twisted 28 gauge and the flavour is admirable. I really got to get round to modding this for more airflow but I dont have the right tools. Great atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread