the Aquav2 clone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm glad I got two OTM's also! My Aqua2's and Rose2's are producing the best flavor of all my atties. Just wish the Aqua2 posts were a little closer together so there's more room for the wick to wrap along the edge.

See, I did not lie to you, brother :). Its my second fav after the Rose, too.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Yeah, roxy the Aqua2 really surprised me. I'm running them in single coil mode with the back channels blocked. The Rose was my first "high-end" atty and looking back, I should have stopped there! Now I've got 17 devices in my daily rotation and just two more on the hit list: Ubertoot2 and a LP Woodvil.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Okay, I suspect that I'm just user-erroring, but I'm having trouble with my Aqua leaking -- Specifically from the airhole and from the 510 connection.

When I had it in tank form it was mainly the airhole with which I was having trouble. I'm using dual coil build (2mm), japanese cotton, with the wick pushed into the channels and just barely touching the bottom of the channel. I know that juice coming out of the airhole is likely from juice dripping down into the air intake holes below the coils, so do I just need bigger coils and/or more wick?

And for now, I'm using it in dripper mode, until I can replace the top chimney O-Ring that I cannibalized for another use. I was using it some yesterday in dripper mode with minor leakage... but when I sat it down for the night and picked it up again today, there was a small puddle underneath the tank and it was dripping through the 510 connector. I'm also curious about where I'm supposed to be aiming my drips when dripping as well (or if you're supposed to wick differently in dripper mode) because when the tank is positioned with the airflow open it always seems that the drip hole is directly above the coil which is directly above the air intake hole which will lead to whatever drips around the coil to fall down and come out the outside airflow hole.

So, if someone has experienced these issues and tell me what I'm doing wrong, that'd be great. I really liked it at first but now I don't want to use it for fear of it draining liquid into my mods. Did I get a bad clone or do I just not know how to use my Aqua?

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
No, it was there when I was using tank mode. It just isn't now, hence why I'm just using dripper mode... So that wasn't it. I'm thinking it just may have been the way I was wicking it though, looking at pictures of orchid builds and such today I've noticed there is usually either no wick or very little in the channel at all when I had it almost bulging out of the channel. I'm gonna rewick it tomorrow and mess with it a bit.

Anyone know the exact dimensions of that O-Ring? I know it may vary some from clone to clone but I'm thinking it's like 14mm OD 11mm ID somewhere between 1.5-2 mm cross, that sound about right? I found some on Ebay that are 14x10x2 and I figure slightly too thick is better than too thin and I should be able so stretch it on there.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Wow, I just build the Aqua V2 OTM from fasttech. First off the the quality of the atomizer is amazing, it has to be the most well constructed RTA I have.

I built it with dual 27 gauge kanthal with a 7/64 bit 10 wraps each giving me about 0.8ohms. The dripper top makes setting up the atomizer really easy to break in for the tank section. Great design. I'm looking into the Aqua SE now, the price looks great too.

Here's a few pictures of how it looks on the Sigelei mini 30 in silver with the transparent case.

Gk3NJUoh.jpg

fa9Kdvyh.jpg

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum rules

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Kinda noticing the Aqua V2 clones disappearing/getting discontinued all over the place. Have they been getting pulled off the shelves? Should I try to desperately snag one now while I still can? Did the OG finally drop the hammer on these things?

This is one atty that I've been wanting for a long time, but serious lack of funds and all...:oops: But don't wanna miss out, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: jefsview

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Kinda noticing the Aqua V2 clones disappearing/getting discontinued all over the place. Have they been getting pulled off the shelves? Should I try to desperately snag one now while I still can?

This is one atty that I've been wanting for a long time, but serious lack of funds and all...:oops: But don't wanna miss out, either.
I would grab one If I were you , it's definitely worth having .

Reactions: petemoss

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Kinda noticing the Aqua V2 clones disappearing/getting discontinued all over the place. Have they been getting pulled off the shelves? Should I try to desperately snag one now while I still can? Did the OG finally drop the hammer on these things?

Yep, grab them while they last. I picked up a couple Lemo 2, but still wanted a few more Aqua... time to replace those KFL clones. Although a bit trickier to build due to multiple post holes, they are so easy to fill and tweak your build, plus the airflow control.

Eccigity, Angelcigs and VapeNW still have some in stock for $20 and under. Pick up a few extra; if you don't need the tank, you could use the dripper base. That's why it's such a great value. If they clone the Aqua SE, I would pass, due to the low capacity. The V2 is a winner, though.

Reactions: retic1959

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Re Aqua v2- love the flavor and looks (I have two) but the posts are too fiddly for me. More of a personal prob than a fault w/it. I seem to gravitate back to the KFv4s, I like the top fill and ease of building it. They have WAY too many parts but once the air flow is opened up a little (center post drilled out to 7/64"), they vape just how I like.

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
OK, Focalecig has 3 different ones in stock right now:
$16.28-$16.77 Aqua V2 Style Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - Silver (of course I missed the sale :laugh: )
$21.37-$21.70 Aqua V2 Style Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - Silver (can't tell if this is the Tobeco clone of a clone or not)
$24.39-$24.99 (Ship from USA)1:1 Aqua V2 by Tobeco (Tobeco clone)

Which one should I get?
I'm in no hurry, just want the best of the 3.
I'm not a Tobeco fan but in this case a 1:1 clone is probably your best bet so go with the Tobeco .

Reactions: cindycated

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Thanks, everybody. I ordered the Tobeco from FC. Just in the nick of time too. I got the last one! Went "Sold Out" right after I ordered mine. Doris didn't indicate that they were getting taken off the market though, so pretty sure they'll get more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread