Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I built it, 2.5 mm, 28 AWG Ni 200, 15 wraps, 0.08 ohm. Not for me. Fantastic flavor chaser but I can't deal with not much vapor. Maybe I need to try a different build?

My other dual coil attys provide great flavor plus vapor with that build.

Is that dual coil? I have yet to try dual coil with TC, but I assume the temperature reading/setting will not be accurate because of running two coils in parallel, and that you'll need to crank the temp and wattage up to compensate.

I was actually thinking about that last night: I'm surprised none of the newer TC mods have come out with a "dual coil" setting to compensate.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Is that dual coil? I have yet to try dual coil with TC, but I assume the temperature reading/setting will not be accurate because of running two coils in parallel, and that you'll need to crank the temp and wattage up to compensate.

I was actually thinking about that last night: I'm surprised none of the newer TC mods have come out with a "dual coil" setting to compensate.

I almost only use dual coils with TC and have not had that issue. If the coils are identical, Ratty = Rcoil/2. This is a linear algebraic relationship. To the mod it "looks like" and behaves under power same as any other TC coil. Same as twisting two wires together to halve resistance except they happen to be separate -- no setting adjustments really needed. :)

The one issue some mods may need to compensate for is heat up slope for duals, slower than singles in some cases. On any mod with a decent preheat feature, also not an issue.

Reactions: VaPreis

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I almost only use dual coils with TC and have not had that issue. If the coils are identical, Ratty = Rcoil/2. This is a linear algebraic relationship. To the mod it "looks like" and behaves under power same as any other TC coil. Same as twisting two wires together to halve resistance except they happen to be separate -- no setting adjustments really needed. :)

The one issue some mods may need to compensate for is heat up slope for duals, slower than singles in some cases. On any mod with a decent preheat feature, also not an issue.

Thank you for that explanation. I may try a TC build in my new Aqua 2 today. Honestly, I was holding off being uncertain of how dual coils behave with TC. It would drive me insane having to set a false temperature, and it's why I haven't yet bothered.

seanol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
I'm running dual titanium 28g 6 wrap contact coils at 2.5 mm. Comes in at .2ohms and vapes wonderfully! Have had no issues with dual coils in any TC mods I have nor any issues with contact coils. I'm on the same coils for the last month wth only rewicking (rayon) and I heat to a dull red at most, strum with a screwdriver, wipe with a paper towel. These coils seem to last a long time. Aqua V2 has no issues with it and tastes great! Mods are a VaporFlask clone and Zero clone and I'm vaping both at 460 deg and 35 watts.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Tonight I built my new Aqua V2 with dual nickel coils. I used 10 spaced wraps of 28ga nickel at 2.2mm. My Sigelei 75W reads the build at 0.09Ω and I've been running it at 45 Watts/450F.

I was a little disappointed while building it because I had trouble with the both the posts spinning, and this one is an authentic. Strange how that's never been a problem with my "OTM" Aqua V2. The authentic also has a wonky mis-drilled post hole on the negative. Go figure.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I searched this thread and maybe I missed it but, are PMMA or glass tanks available? I'd love a glass one. Originally installed the stainless tank but I need to see da juice!

It should have come with a PMMA tank also? Unfortunately, finding them for the authentic is nearly impossible, but FT sells replacement PMMA tanks. If they still have OTM ones, they are exact to the authentic. If not, others should fit. No glass options.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Reactions: FiReSTaRT

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I ordered a 5pack about a month ago even though the juices I have been running have been perfectly fine in the original tank.

I've never had a tank crack until recently, and have lost 2 in 2 weeks. The first was due to an e liquid company changing the recipe of a juice. It was NT Band Camp. I used the original recipe in a Phenomenon for months with no problems. I ran out and switched to the new recipe and my tank cracked in about 30 places.

The second was a blueberry vanilla juice from Mech Sauce. I've never had an issue with either blueberry or vanilla juice. So now I've lost the plastic tank for my HC Plus. And am stuck with the metal one, which I think is ugly.

Reactions: FiReSTaRT

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Ok, all the OTM stuff is gone, but folks with Aqua v2s should probably grab these to keep their atty going the mile if they don't like metal tanks:

$4.41 Replacement Acrylic Tank for Aqua V2 RDA Atomizers (5-Pack) 5-pack - translucent at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Yes, even all the new folks who just got an authentic from Local Vape. Even last year when the authentic was new, people couldn't get authentic parts and had to source them from clones.
Good advice, I probably should do that. Although I have yet to use the PC tank mine came with.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
What's the verdict on the Local Vape Aqua2? Is it the same as OTM or authentic and did it come in the metallic box with the exact spares?

I ask because I feel like this is a deal to not pass up. I own a second Aqua I have yet to use, but being in love with it I'm not sure if I should buy into a third. Either that or I'm looking into the SE. Damnit I keep telling myself I'm going to get the SE and I haven't made a move on it. I don't know what to do anymore. Spare parts? Little insulators and o rings I might not be able to get ever again?

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
What's the verdict on the Local Vape Aqua2? Is it the same as OTM or authentic and did it come in the metallic box with the exact spares?

I ask because I feel like this is a deal to not pass up. I own a second Aqua I have yet to use, but being in love with it I'm not sure if I should buy into a third. Either that or I'm looking into the SE. Damnit I keep telling myself I'm going to get the SE and I haven't made a move on it. I don't know what to do anymore. Spare parts? Little insulators and o rings I might not be able to get ever again?
It's a legit authentic with warranty card, the metal box, and spares.

Reactions: MattyTny

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

It is the Footoon authentic, and IMO the OTM is exactly the same.

You can get o rings from theoringstore. I have a giant stash :). Insulators can be made if necessary or you can steal them off clones. As long as you don't go wild and try to push 100W through this thing, your insulators should be fine :)

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
It is the Footoon authentic, and IMO the OTM is exactly the same.

You can get o rings from theoringstore. I have a giant stash :). Insulators can be made if necessary or you can steal them off clones. As long as you don't go wild and try to push 100W through this thing, your insulators should be fine :)

Oh boy, you all sound happy with the purchase, just ordered one. I'm going to end up buying the SE at the end of the day to mess around with a hybrid. Must resist. I swear I would join a footoon cult if there was one.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Oh boy, you all sound happy with the purchase, just ordered one. I'm going to end up buying the SE at the end of the day to mess around with a hybrid. Must resist. I swear I would join a footoon cult if there was one.
Don't forgot about the Aqua FX, that should be out this week? I think that's what I read.

Reactions: MattyTny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread