The Best $3 Tank Mod You'll See Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
... a lot of people learned how to make their own tank mods ...
The way you describe it, it sounds like it might be even simpler to use for We the Aged, Infirm, Halt, Lame and Heavily Sedated Poor,** than a "KR808d-1."

Is it?

Does it come in electric hookah-doodle flavor, for those of us who puff in place, plugged into the wall?

Does anything light up when it's puffed?

** We're saving up for an acronym, honest.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Great looking mod. But I have to ask...
Has anyone tried something similar for a Riva 510? I mean I know it fits, but since the Riva uses that cone thingy, this mod would stand out like a sore thumb.

Any ideas/tips?

Myself I got a precut CE2 from Stormy's, which comes with the rubbery gasket for the bottom, and a 3mL oral syringe.

1. Measure and cut the bottom of the syringe so that it is ~.5" longer then the CE2.
2. Put the rubbery thing on the bottom part of CE2.
3. Put the round silicone piece on the "cup" on the top of the CE2.
4. Slide the CE2 in until the cup is ~.25" from meeting flush with the top.
5. Fill with a syringe through the tip.
6. Push the CE2 on up till it sits flush.

Since it is an oral syringe, the tip makes an acceptable drip tip, and it works as well as any storm tank. Also, since the Syringe was cut .5" longer, when the CE2 is fully seated, you can screw it onto a Riva without the cone. The syringe will cover the threads, and is the exact same diameter as the battery.

I made one like this for my girlfriend, and even though I have an actual MAP tank, she looks at me like I'm crazy cuz of the big fat tank.

Did you buy the regular size CE2 or will the XL fit?
Also, the syringe, you say "oral" sysringe...did you buy it at Stormy's? I only see one with a needle, maybe I'll need to buy that elsewhere.
And you don't use a tip of any kind? Drip tip, nothing?

Finally, you mention filling before you slide the CE2 in fully. How easy is it to refill afterwards?

I don't suppose you are able to provide some pics?

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
It is this one which you can get from walmart pharmacy for free. Just ask them for an oral syringe for liquid medicine. The tip where the liquid normally comes out is what I use as a drip tip. When it needs to be refilled, just attach it to the battery and wiggle/pull slowly until the CE2 backs off enough to refill, then press it back in.

I'll try ti make a pic later.

Thanks for the tip Dalton, really appreciate it.
I'd be very happy with some pics. I noticed a video for this tank mod with the bottle, so maybe I can apply some of the same techniques with a syringe.
Either I'll buy a 5 pack of clearomizers so I have more room for mistakes or I'll buy I precut one. Either way, in the end I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I do know that these cartridges are beginning to bother me so I just hope that I will have a worthy replacement.
I need something that will last me a while so I can take it to work for my breaks.
I figure 2 or 3 ml will do just that.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Knock knock,,,,,,,,What do ya get when you cross a CE2 and a dual coil clearo with a Gummy Tank?

I don't know either,,, but it's not bad. I didn't want to change the O ring to accept the larger plastic clearo so I modded the clearo by putting a slotted CE2 SS tube on it. Not bad, Not bad at all.

Seems strange, we modded the SS CE2s to make them clear. now modding the clear to make them SS. go figure.
But it keeps the Modumust Fever in check.

Titan1x77

Jun 1, 2011
South East,MA
I want to say Thanks Para! I got the same faucet washers from lowes, and the vial from madvapes and made my second tank mod (first was vinyl tubing with rubber grommets... didn't trust the soft rubber grommets)

What did you use to seal the top cap with the tube? I'm afraid if left on its side it will leak out near the drip tip.

BTW, I used a clear Ce2 and it worked fine... all i had at this time.

tank.jpg

Also Thank you Scubabatdan, The sharpened 510 tube made a great punch!

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I want to say Thanks Para! I got the same faucet washers from lowes, and the vial from madvapes and made my second tank mod (first was vinyl tubing with rubber grommets... didn't trust the soft rubber grommets)

What did you use to seal the top cap with the tube? I'm afraid if left on its side it will leak out near the drip tip.

BTW, I used a clear Ce2 and it worked fine... all i had at this time.

View attachment 47595

Also Thank you Scubabatdan, The sharpened 510 tube made a great punch!

If you cut the top tube short so the drip tip touches the silicon cap it should not leak. Did my wifes this way and has not leaked yet. And your welcome for the puch idea, it does work well.
Dan

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
i was a bit worried with those grommets from Lowes ^... Even after soaking/rinsing them I kept thinking I tasted a slight bit of rubber. The hard rubber doesnt seem to have that... I could just be paranoid, and the fruit stripe juice I used in it almost had a rubber taste in the first place.

I have read other people reporting the same taste with the rubber grommets - some are using nitrile ones and saying the rubber taste is not present with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread