Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Considering that a pack of cigarettes costs $13-$15 in NYC and I smoked a pack every two days, I definitely saved a ton of money.

Guess I'm very lucky then, back in the day I was smoking 3 1/2 to 4 PAD and it was only $5.00 a pack (just around $40 - $45 a carton) when I lived in NYC . . . Matter of fact, that was even too much (although I was working then) when they went up, that finally I went out of state to get them @ $38.00 per carton. So I bought 6 -10 cartons at a time for "Me" and a few for other friends too (made-up for the gas) . . . We even drove into Jersey to shop for food & clothing so we could avoid a lot of the taxes . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I wish someone would make a true MTL rebuildable for the BB that does NOT have ginormous wick holes or airflow.

The Exocet can be made to MTL but you still have to build a large diameter coil to fill the wick holes. Same with the Doggy and Flow. The Kanger rba and Insider have smaller wick holes but huge air flow.

I guess I could try DIY reducer in the Kanger rba but I really wish highend modder would make something truly dedicated to MTL.

I agree, The huge wick holes tic me off, as far as air flow, I just put tape over the holes inside the box, can't really do that with the wick holes. I like the design of the Doggy but that huge hole kept me from getting one. I still might at one point, maybe put a rubber stopper or something in that hole. I do have the bridge for the Kanger RBA, and taped the holes and it was fine, it just reduces the juice capacity too much. I don't have those other ones either though. :unsure:

KAS

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I wish someone would make a true MTL rebuildable for the BB that does NOT have ginormous wick holes or airflow.

The Exocet can be made to MTL but you still have to build a large diameter coil to fill the wick holes. Same with the Doggy and Flow. The Kanger RBA and Insider have smaller wick holes but huge air flow.

I guess I could try DIY reducer in the Kanger RBA but I really wish highend modder would make something truly dedicated to MTL.

hey hobbes, i haven't cared for the rebuildables i've tried. The insider was to finicky when wicking. I tried the clone exocet which worked better for wicking, but still dependent on getting it just right.

There is a guy on facebook coming out with the "....... coil." It is for vertical set ups, comes with two different positive pins one for wide open and one for adjustable air flow. I'm hoping to then that airflow can be controlled by just doing a smaller diameter coil. Really hoping i like it. I have enjoyed, and only been using, the aspire bvc bridge and coils.

I will get to try a doggy, came in a really good package deal for panels, kinda thinking it will be the same with the wicking though.

EDIT: Dang, the name of the coil was blocked. take the word castard, and replace the c with b.

Reactions: HBcorpse

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
How many of you only use Billet Boxes? Have you jettisoned all your other mods?

BBFamily2 002.JPG

I always have BB's with me but my go to set up is my CLZ-X and Skyline.
CLZ-X05.JPG

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
Guess I'm very lucky then, back in the day I was smoking 3 1/2 to 4 PAD and it was only $5.00 a pack (just around $40 - $45 a carton) when I lived in NYC . . . Matter of fact, that was even too much (although I was working then) when they went up, that finally I went out of state to get them @ $38.00 per carton. So I bought 6 -10 cartons at a time for "Me" and a few for other friends too (made-up for the gas) . . . We even drove into Jersey to shop for food & clothing so we could avoid a lot of the taxes . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

My wife and I make trips to NJ every now and then to do some shopping. If we're making sizeable purchases, the tax savings really add up.

Believe it or not, there's a pretty big contraband cigarette business in NYC. Some enterprising people drive a van down to Virginia, where cigarettes are about $4 per pack, load it up with as many cartons as they can and resell them in NYC for $7-$8 a pack. A lot of bodegas in lower income neighborhoods do that.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
My wife and I make trips to NJ every now and then to do some shopping. If we're making sizeable purchases, the tax savings really add up.

Believe it or not, there's a pretty big contraband cigarette business in NYC. Some enterprising people drive a van down to Virginia, where cigarettes are about $4 per pack, load it up with as many cartons as they can and resell them in NYC for $7-$8 a pack. A lot of bodegas in lower income neighborhoods do that.

Yep - I believe it, especially since the bodegas and some very smart "Street Peddlers" selling "Loosies" (single cigarettes) were doing the same thing back when I lived in NYC too (BTW: What comes to mind is the worse situation that happened about "loosies" with the death of Eric Garner) . . . Matter of fact, these type of stores/sellers all over the country/world are still doing it too . . . BTW: Very interesting Google search concerning this subject: "Street Peddlers" selling single cigarettes - Google Search . . . Can Ya' imagine what it will be like if they all ban/tax e-Cigs/nicotine products as they have done in some places already . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Put my order in to MadMonkeyInnovations through Instagram for some stab-wood panels. He is literally 35 mins. North of me. Looks like good stuff--He is also on Facebook if you are into that. $100 for flat panels (windows are a free option) curved are $200. He also works with Juma/acrylic/etc.

Just another option--I do not have FB so I miss out on a bunch of accessories.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I agree, The huge wick holes tic me off, as far as air flow, I just put tape over the holes inside the box, can't really do that with the wick holes. I like the design of the Doggy but that huge hole kept me from getting one. I still might at one point, maybe put a rubber stopper or something in that hole. I do have the bridge for the Kanger RBA, and taped the holes and it was fine, it just reduces the juice capacity too much. I don't have those other ones either though. :unsure:

KAS

I find taping the outside, or turning down AFC from the outside is not the same as reducing the exit hole to the coil. Not sure how to explain it but the velocity of the air is just different and vapes different...for me at least.

The doggy is nice and has a MTL kit but the chamber is bigger and huge juice holes. I only had it for like a week before selling it off. Maybe I did so too soon. It was good but not great for me.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
hey hobbes, i haven't cared for the rebuildables i've tried. The insider was to finicky when wicking. I tried the clone exocet which worked better for wicking, but still dependent on getting it just right.

There is a guy on facebook coming out with the "....... coil." It is for vertical set ups, comes with two different positive pins one for wide open and one for adjustable air flow. I'm hoping to then that airflow can be controlled by just doing a smaller diameter coil. Really hoping i like it. I have enjoyed, and only been using, the aspire bvc bridge and coils.

I will get to try a doggy, came in a really good package deal for panels, kinda thinking it will be the same with the wicking though.

EDIT: Dang, the name of the coil was blocked. take the word castard, and replace the c with b.

I heard about that rebuildable on FB but don't have the money right now. Also, kind of waiting for reviews before I purchase any more first releases. The Exocet, Flow (surprisingly) and Nautilus 2 0.7ohm coils are getting me by fine for now. My next purchase for BB will have to be something I really want.

Reactions: MsLoud

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I find taping the outside, or turning down AFC from the outside is not the same as reducing the exit hole to the coil. Not sure how to explain it but the velocity of the air is just different and vapes different...for me at least.

The doggy is nice and has a MTL kit but the chamber is bigger and huge juice holes. I only had it for like a week before selling it off. Maybe I did so too soon. It was good but not great for me.
100% agree.. the air needs to be reduced coming in under the coil for the type of MTL style vape I like. That is why the Exocet works for me because it takes the KF5 MTL reducer. Perfect vape for me.

Turning down the air via an AFC does not work for me at all.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

I guess I can understand that, for me I had no choice but to Tape the holes on my Rev 4. I am just using the Billet Bridge/Aspire BVC's, and the Rev 4 was just too open. I did the same thing with the Billet Bridge Racer that uses the Kanger RBA, I kind just got tired of how much room in the tank it takes. I wanted to still try the Doggy with the MTL kit, to see if I could make it work for me, but I have just been too broke.

KAS

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

The Exocet can be made to MTL but you still have to build a large diameter coil to fill the wick holes. Same with the Doggy and Flow. The Kanger RBA and Insider have smaller wick holes but huge air flow.

I guess I could try DIY reducer in the Kanger RBA but I really wish highend modder would make something truly dedicated to MTL.
I'm running 2 and 2.25 mm coils in my Exocet without wicking issues using rayon.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I guess I can understand that, for me I had no choice but to Tape the holes on my Rev 4. I am just using the Billet Bridge/Aspire BVC's, and the Rev 4 was just too open. I did the same thing with the Billet Bridge Racer that uses the Kanger RBA, I kind just got tired of how much room in the tank it takes. I wanted to still try the Doggy with the MTL kit, to see if I could make it work for me, but I have just been too broke.

KAS
Exocet with KF5 MTL is the only thing I've found that I can get the air down where I like it. I also don't like the Nauti coils in the BB rev 4... too airy.

Last edited:

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009

KAS

He doggy might be it for you. The MTL kit reducers the center air hole to 2mm and it comes with a narrower chimney. It's relatively easy to buy and cheaper than the other highend atty. the wicking is a little trickier since you have to thin the tail enough to pass through the chamber hole, coil, and out the other side but aside from that it's pretty good. I wish I would have kept it longer to test more but I got it around the same time as my Exocet and the Exocet won the battle.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I'm running 2 and 2.25 mm coils in my Exocet without wicking issues using rayon.

Really, I get leaking if I use 2-2.5mm coils. Had to step it up to 2.75mm and I use Rayon too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Or maybe the wick holes on the clone are slightly smaller.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Exocet with KF5 MTL is the only thing I've found that I can get the air down where I like it. I also don't like the Nauti coils in the BB rev 4... too airy.

I don't have the Exocet, and with the price I saw for it I wont have one any time soon. :( I have never even used a Nautilus coil in anything. I have only used the Aspire BVC's, and even those I have only used in the BB. :| It is the only drop in coil I have used in anything, over the last 4 years. Everything else I use is rebuildable, I always wanted a good one for the BB that I would actually like, just never found it. All the new things that came out this year, I just can't afford right now. I am hoping next year will be a better year for me, this one has sucked.

KAS

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I don't have the Exocet, and with the price I saw for it I wont have one any time soon. :( I have never even used a Nautilus coil in anything. I have only used the Aspire BVC's, and even those I have only used in the BB. :| It is the only drop in coil I have used in anything, over the last 4 years. Everything else I use is rebuildable, I always wanted a good one for the BB that I would actually like, just never found it. All the new things that came out this year, I just can't afford right now. I am hoping next year will be a better year for me, this one has sucked.

KAS
Hoping good things for you!

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Really, I get leaking if I use 2-2.5mm coils. Had to step it up to 2.75mm and I use Rayon too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Or maybe the wick holes on the clone are slightly smaller.
I'll take a pic next time I'm in there

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
The only drop in coil I've used in years is the new nautilus 2, 0.7ohm coil. And I'm using them at a whopping 16w in the BB, happily tootling along. I wouldn't think this coil performs as it does with such low power for 0.7ohm but it's working fine for me; a lose MTL/very restricted DL type.

I usually don't buy anything with drip in coils cause I don't like being dependent on them and the availability but I wanted something I could use for trips where I wouldn't have to bring any rebuilding supplies. For that, the new n2 coils will serve me well.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

In my exocet clones, I found using a 3mm coil stuffed with as much rayon as I could get in there worked for me. Need plenty of wick to fill those holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread