Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
After a week using the VapeShell I am an extremely happy customer. I've been vaping at around 12 watts using the smallest insert and I haven't had a single dry hit, no gurgling and no leaking whatsoever.
If Atmizoo make a rev3 version, I'll be using them in all of mine.
BB has come a long way since my last visit. Me Likey.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
VapeMailFedex 002.JPG
VapeMailFedex 004.JPG
VapeMailFedex 005.JPG

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
This feels like a stupid question...BUUUUUT...when has that ever stopped me before???

Is that engraved into the metal, or is it a decal?

@HBcorpse it's either a decal or it screen printed... I would guess it's screen printed because the lettering is slightly raised.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Jeroen Combined.JPG
    Rather quiet in here. I did this for a buddy on a slow day. FYI, there's newer firmware out for the DNA60's that allows a wattage punch while vaping in Non TC. It gives you a 1 second punch of pure watts up to 60, based on a scale of 1-11, and that 1-11 can be changed on the mod. Custom screens for each different profile, changed his watts increment to .2 Changed out the text on the dinasour screen to show the dinasour with DNA on one side and 60 on the other.

robby_h

Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2018
    Finally gots me a brand new one. Happy as hell with it that is for sure. The Dna inside sure makes it a whole different animal that is for sure. I bought a rev3 used last year and it stayed shelved allot, but I have not put this one down since it arrived on Tues I think it was. I am enjoying the OCC heads in it too sees to work good and the flavor is ok. I do want to get a new RBA for it here soon are there any sugguestions. I see there are some newer products on the market. I am interested in the Insider and the Vape Shell. I have a Uno and a Diver maybe one or two ore carto style and they just do not perform enough for me.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    I'm a big fan of the VapeShell. It only took me one build to get very very close to the performance of the Exocet. It is slighly more difficult to build so that very slight edge goes to the Exo.

As for the Insider, when I've gotten it exactly right I believe it is even better than the Exocet. But even having built it 30 or 40 times, I don't get it exact most of the time - maybe every 3rd or 4th time. If you miss, it will either dry hit or leak like a sieve.

Atmizoo says they have another run in a couple of weeks or so, and that they intend to make one for everyone who wants one.

Just as a reference point, I am firmly MTL but really like the extra blast I get from a good rebuildable. I could have been pretty satisfied with the BVC bridge had I never tried the Exo, Insider, or Vapeshell.

RickCain

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Anyone interested in upgrading their DNA60 to get the new features, here is what I looks like.

I bought an Evolve USB charger, tinned the wires so they fit firmly into the DNA. Works like a charm! Only five more to do...

The hardest part is getting the screen ribbon back into it's connector.

ea14c70b11eb33fbe4b25d6300c02d50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby_h

Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2018
    Anyone interested in upgrading their DNA60 to get the new features, here is what I looks like.

I bought an Evolve USB charger, tinned the wires so they fit firmly into the DNA. Works like a charm! Only five more to do...

ea14c70b11eb33fbe4b25d6300c02d50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '

Is there added fundtionality by upgrading the software? This is my first 60 but have quite a few 40/200/250.

robby_h

Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2018
    I'm a big fan of the VapeShell. It only took me one build to get very very close to the performance of the Exocet. It is slighly more difficult to build so that very slight edge goes to the Exo.

As for the Insider, when I've gotten it exactly right I believe it is even better than the Exocet. But even having built it 30 or 40 times, I don't get it exact most of the time - maybe every 3rd or 4th time. If you miss, it will either dry hit or leak like a sieve.

Atmizoo says they have another run in a couple of weeks or so, and that they intend to make one for everyone who wants one.

Just as a reference point, I am firmly MTL but really like the extra blast I get from a good rebuildable. I could have been pretty satisfied with the BVC bridge had I never tried the Exo, Insider, or Vapeshell.

Thank you.........what I am really after is more flavor and overall experienxe over the OCC heads without loosing any airflow. The ariflow with the OCC heads is just about perfect for how I vape. Sounds like the Excocet is a better vape than the other two? How is the airflow with it?

Mahalo

RickCain

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    '

Is there added fundtionality by upgrading the software? This is my first 60 but have quite a few 40/200/250.

The ability to have a "punch" setting was enough for me to upgrade. I set one profile for 11 and then 7, 8, 9, 10 and can tell the different. Definitely helps with larger coils on the ramp up.

robby_h

Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2018
    The ability to have a "punch" setting was enough for me to upgrade. I set one profile for 11 and then 7, 8, 9, 10 and can tell the different. Definitely helps with larger coils on the ramp up.
    You can pre-heat on regular wire not just temp sensing coils? If so I did not know that and would like to have that option.

• Agree
    Reactions: RickCain

Robfisher

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    www.ecigssa.co.za
    Thank you.........what I am really after is more flavor and overall experienxe over the OCC heads without loosing any airflow. The ariflow with the OCC heads is just about perfect for how I vape. Sounds like the Excocet is a better vape than the other two? How is the airflow with it?

@robby_h the Exocet and Flow are no longer made at the moment so really hard to get... the Insider (IF you get the wicking right) is really good but the hassle of building it has left it on the shelf for me. The Exocet and Flow are simple to wick and both outstanding... but both of them are a little too tight on the airflow and that's where the VapeShell shines!

Buy a VapeShell.
    VapeShellAir3mm-06.jpg

robby_h

Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2018
    @robby_h the Exocet and Flow are no longer made at the moment so really hard to get... the Insider (IF you get the wicking right) is really good but the hassle of building it has left it on the shelf for me. The Exocet and Flow are simple to wick and both outstanding... but both of them are a little too tight on the airflow and that's where the VapeShell shines!

Buy a VapeShell.
    View attachment 728503

That is what I needed to hear thank you.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I have found if I raise the pin side up to almost frame height, then get one edge of the ribbon cable started at angle I stop. Now I can put the sharp edge of my angled tweezer in that tiny hole on the cable to straighten it out, and pull through completely for a solid, straight fit. Push down connector.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I set one profile for 11 and then 7, 8, 9, 10 and can tell the different. Definitely helps with larger coils on the ramp up
    I configured my buddy's for a low, med, hi . Mine, I've set one "Punch" as that value can be changed on the mod. I've now got all my DNA's with the same profile order.
    You can pre-heat on regular wire not just temp sensing coils?
    Simple answer, yes.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013

Buy a VapeShell.
    View attachment 728503

I feel the same way about all of these atomizers...

I like the VapeShell best.

Ironically, my Insider was boxed up for the Vapocalypse until I bought the Tank-It setup from Steam Tuners.

It lets you install the Insider in a 22mm 2.5ml tank, and use it on 510 mods.

Seems like the wicking isn’t as finicky when using this setup.

I have no idea why that would be, as the wicking should need to be the same no matter what the application.

But, the Tank-It has me actually liking the Insider again.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    www.ecigssa.co.za
    But, the Tank-It has me actually liking the Insider again.

I should maybe bring out the Tank-It and give it another go... but the thought of trying to build the Insider leaves me stone cold... and plus I have my Skylines, Vapor Giant Mini V4's and Dvarw's as my go to RTA's. And of course my BB's with Exocet's, Flow's and VapeShell's in them! :)

I really should sell everything else! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread