Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey @Bamrz

I’m not a member of the book of faces...

Any word on the next drop?

Looks like I’m not the only one sitting on the website F5’ing...

I know that hasn’t been necessary for a while, but I just figured I’d give it a shot for nostalgia.

830am-MST came and went...no boxes!

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Hey @Bamrz

I know that hasn’t been necessary for a while, but I just figured I’d give it a shot for nostalgia.

Screenshot_20180527-004919.png

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Hey @Bamrz

So sorry! I was at work when you posted. :(

Thanks for picking up my slack, Doffy! :)

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Received the modular AFC from SVT today.
I really wanted it because of its design with being "dampless" (that's the term I've been seeing for this style of condensation plug/AFC) but ended up inserting the biggest of the inserts. They also included some drip tips, which they were selling to but opted not to get them... So guess i got some freebies!

Anyways, using the AFC plug and one of the drip tips and I'm in love. vape quality just went up big time.
5e6bcea400c3d28d3c27e2a24b58acff.jpg
1a6f68696b301f6769aea356576203ac.jpg
782daff306edde2aea576f291f4d278f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Received the modular AFC from SVT today.
I really wanted it because of its design with being "dampless" (that's the term I've been seeing for this style of condensation plug/AFC) but ended up inserting the biggest of the inserts. They also included some drip tips, which they were selling to but opted not to get them... So guess i got some freebies!

Anyways, using the AFC plug and one of the drip tips and I'm in love. vape quality just went up big time.
5e6bcea400c3d28d3c27e2a24b58acff.jpg
1a6f68696b301f6769aea356576203ac.jpg
782daff306edde2aea576f291f4d278f.jpg

Boy I wish that I could get the STL file so I can print my own ;)

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Boy I wish that I could get the STL file so I can print my own ;)
I'm seeing more and more of these style plugs/AFCs out there on FB groups and funny thing too yet I get home from work get my mail and have a package from Switzerland... Yep another dampless AFC plug (no drip tips this time).

So is this like the universe telling me I need to get another BB or something since I only have one?

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm seeing more and more of these style plugs/AFCs out there on FB groups and funny thing too yet I get home from work get my mail and have a package from Switzerland... Yep another dampless AFC plug (no drip tips this time).

So is this like the universe telling me I need to get another BB or something since I only have one?

:rolleyes: in a simple word .. . . YES ! ! ! :pervy:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Printing a boat load. Gonna give some to HB to see what opening works the best. The stock hole is a very restricted lung draw, almost a MTL. Hopefully can make enough for everyone here to get a couple for FREE.

View attachment 746277

Hahahaha you’re awesome!

Looking forward to tinkering with this!

Thanks Rick!

mazdababy

May 19, 2018
Please report back after speaking with them. Whatever way it turns out.

Just wanted to let you guys know I have the replacement parts I needed in the mailbox at home right now. Contacted BilletBox and since I bought my rev4 from them, they added the ability to order special order replacement parts to my account! yay!

Went ahead and ordered a dna60 from evolv (my BB has a dna40 now) and every other part inside the BB from BilletBox while I was at it. I've been DDing this thing for two years now, it's showing some use internally.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Well...
Today was a first.

Shipped a BBox back to the mothership for service.

Never done that before.

This box ate two batteries.

I rotate through several mods during the week, and on two separate occasions, batteries in this box fully discharged (below 3.0 volts) while sitting unused.

My charger wouldn’t even read them.

Hope the team at BBV can exorcize whatever demon is in that box!

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I don't get it ... the condensation/AFC plugs.

- They're "dampless" in the sense they (help) keep condensation from the inside of the panel/door, but they aren't absorbent are they?

- AFC ... I use the smallest of the standard inserts included with the VapeShell to optimize AFC. I don't see where the printed plug/AFC would provide any benefit. I suppose if I used something other than VapeShell, the plug/AFC might be an option.

I just use left over cotton as a condensation plug. It doesn't look as neatly squared away and as modular as the plug/AFC but I just don't see an actual performance enhancement possible with the plug/AFC over cotton in my setup. Maybe ... I don't get it.

EDIT: I don't have any condensation plug/AFC inserts and have never even tried one. So there's that. Love the way they look a heck of a lot more than the way cotton stuffed in there looks, but just can't justify getting them if it's only and all about looks in an area that is normally "hidden" when in use.

31841683_582752622080661_3633851024600465408_n.jpg

** Currently running @ 7.2W ... 6.1W was with a new build and wick before settling in

Last edited:

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
I don't get it ... the condensation/AFC plugs.

- They're "dampless" in the sense they (help) keep condensation from the inside of the panel/door, but they aren't absorbent are they?

- AFC ... I use the smallest of the standard inserts included with the VapeShell to optimize AFC. I don't see where the printed plug/AFC would provide any benefit. I suppose if I used something other than VapeShell, the plug/AFC might be an option.

I just use left over cotton as a condensation plug. It doesn't look as neatly squared away and as modular as the plug/AFC but I just don't see an actual performance enhancement possible with the plug/AFC over cotton in my setup. Maybe ... I don't get it.

EDIT: I don't have any condensation plug/AFC inserts and have never even tried one. So there's that. Love the way they look a heck of a lot more than the way cotton stuffed in there looks, but just can't justify getting them if it's only and all about looks in an area that is normally "hidden" when in use.

31841683_582752622080661_3633851024600465408_n.jpg

** Currently running @ 7.2W ... 6.1W was with a new build and wick before settling in

Doesn't that cotton screwup your airflow @Hobbs?

And the original Dampless Plug DOES absorb the liquid... not enough but it does absorb some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread