~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I don't get it ... the condensation/AFC plugs.

- They're "dampless" in the sense they (help) keep condensation from the inside of the panel/door, but they aren't absorbent are they?

- AFC ... I use the smallest of the standard inserts included with the VapeShell to optimize AFC. I don't see where the printed plug/AFC would provide any benefit. I suppose if I used something other than VapeShell, the plug/AFC might be an option.

I just use left over cotton as a condensation plug. It doesn't look as neatly squared away and as modular as the plug/AFC but I just don't see an actual performance enhancement possible with the plug/AFC over cotton in my setup. Maybe ... I don't get it.

EDIT: I don't have any condensation plug/AFC inserts and have never even tried one. So there's that. Love the way they look a heck of a lot more than the way cotton stuffed in there looks, but just can't justify getting them if it's only and all about looks in an area that is normally "hidden" when in use.

31841683_582752622080661_3633851024600465408_n.jpg

** Currently running @ 7.2W ... 6.1W was with a new build and wick before settling in

Dampless is just 3d printed, so not absorbent, but they seal really great to the base of boro and keeps condensation right there. Never seems to side or back of tank, panels are dry, no haze on screen from condensation etc.

I ditched my AFC on vapeshell in favor of the one from svt and they really keep it contained, plus having the inserts to adjust airflow is nice. So I can still fine tune to an extent but it mostly about keeping things dry.

Just a few pics so you can see how it looks for better understanding. Thats the extra one I got sent and my old tank since I just went to black boro and screws plus some new panels [emoji16]
IMG_20180607_155249.jpeg
IMG_20180607_155241.jpeg
MVIMG_20180607_154926.jpeg
MVIMG_20180607_160016.jpeg
MVIMG_20180607_160031.jpeg
IMG_20180607_160050.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
@autobiogphnation ... so how do I get a couple of these with inserts? ... my googlefoo isn't working. Thanks !!! :)

Received the modular AFC from SVT today.
I really wanted it because of its design with being "dampless" (that's the term I've been seeing for this style of condensation plug/AFC) but ended up inserting the biggest of the inserts. They also included some drip tips, which they were selling to but opted not to get them... So guess i got some freebies!

Anyways, using the AFC plug and one of the drip tips and I'm in love. Vape quality just went up big time.
5e6bcea400c3d28d3c27e2a24b58acff.jpg
1a6f68696b301f6769aea356576203ac.jpg
782daff306edde2aea576f291f4d278f.jpg

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
@autobiogphnation ... so how do I get a couple of these with inserts? ... my googlefoo isn't working. Thanks !!! :)
It was only available from their FB group. Not sure when and if retail will happen. They have a new atty coming too for bb, the crossbow I believe it's called.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Another atty coming? I haven't gotten a VS yet. :facepalm:
Here's some pics I just pulled from the FB group.

Ladies and Germs, the SVT (swiss vape technology) crossbow...

Still not available, I think they did small preorders/in some early stages. No pics of insides at all side from that model of what I would assume is the bottom base. Looks like it may just be similar to the vapeshell but you just have a different shape so more liquid capacity in boro? Idk most of the posts on the page aren't in English I don't both much to hit the translate button.
FB_IMG_1528488604690.jpeg
FB_IMG_1528488497119.jpeg
FB_IMG_1528488508317.jpeg
FB_IMG_1528488621520.jpeg
FB_IMG_1528488641400.jpeg

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I'd like to see pics of the Crossbow deck. Said to accommodate micro and larger coils with two different post configurations. Curious to see if I understand correctly or lost something in the translation. I've tried three different build decks for Billet Box and still haven't found EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I have a Steam Tuner Insider on the way to me and have high hopes for it. The Insider may be the only build deck out there I haven't tried for the Billet Box. If the Insider doesn't work out then I'll take a much closer look at the Crossbow. I build 30AWG A1 Kanthal 7-8 wraps on 2mm. That's the sweet spot for me. Works GREAT in my Doggystyle 2K16 atomizers. Would Love to find a Billet Box deck the build works just as well in.

On another note, picked up two of the SVT AFC kits MTL. Using the orange (1.5mm) insert and running an off the shelf Aspire 1.8ohm Nautilus coil in a Comfort Bridge ... because no build deck I'm PERFECTLY happy with. Paid way WAY WAY more than I should have for the MTL kits but they are the bomb for AFC and condensation blocking and I couldn't be happier with the way they perform.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey BBoxers...

Anyone with a recently purchased Rev4b have a lightning bolt in the battery meter?

8f9d060a6cb261c3181b23059c5c8708.heic

I just got this back from BBV repair shop (it was draining batteries while not in use), and now it has a lightning bolt in the battery meter!

Never had that before, and my others don’t have it.

Pretty neat!!! Must be a software or firmware update on the board...which means maybe they installed a new board!

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
Hey BBoxers...

Anyone with a recently purchased Rev4b have a lightning bolt in the battery meter?

I just got this back from BBV repair shop (it was draining batteries while not in use), and now it has a lightning bolt in the battery meter!

Pretty neat!!! Must be a software or firmware update on the board...which means maybe they installed a new board!
Sounds like the battery is trying to charge itself. Test to make sure it still isn't draining batteries.
I have worked with DNA boards in the past. All it would take is power going to where the USB charger is supposed to be wired in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Hey BBoxers...

That should only be happening when it is charging... And seeing as there is no USB charger on board, I'd be a bit concerned.
Maybe contact BBV?

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
I would definitely inquire
That should only be happening when it is charging... And seeing as there is no USB charger on board, I'd be a bit concerned.
Maybe contact BBV?

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Sounds like the battery is trying to charge itself. Test to make sure it still isn't draining batteries.
I have worked with DNA boards in the past. All it would take is power going to where the USB charger is supposed to be wired in.

Maybe contact BBV?

I would definitely inquire

2ee4d47ffe5040b0ac1140d3207292f2.jpg

Yeah I’ll shoot them an email posthaste!

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
So, I'm finally ready to order the Vape Shell, and I'm wondering what is the best vid to date on building these?
Search "pancake wicking method". Seems to work the best for me.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Ok, sitting here this morning going thru the ordering process for the VS, and the airflow pins, and wondering, at $100.00 shipped, are y'all really that happy with it. Just getting a little nervous here, ya understand.
I really don't mind too much paying that kind of money for something like this that's well built, and works extremely well without a bunch of fussin with it.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok, sitting here this morning going thru the ordering process for the VS, and the airflow pins, and wondering, at $100.00 shipped, are y'all really that happy with it. Just getting a little nervous here, ya understand.
I really don't mind too much paying that kind of money for something like this that's well built, and works extremely well without a bunch of fussin with it.

I whole-heartedly enjoy my VapeShell atomizers.

I’m not 100% sure that I’m unbiased towards them, given my proximity to the project.

But even so, I truly do enjoy using them.

The build deck is simple, and the flavor/vapor is very satisfying.

With the addition of the MTL pins, I’m sure this versatile device will make a lot of people happy!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

I think it is worth it, it is the best rebuildable I have used for the BB, but I have not tried all the different rebuildable's for these. I have been switching back and forth with the shell and the classic BVC bridge. Once you get the build, wicking, and air flow where you like it they are rather trouble free. :)

KAS

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I'm sure the extra MTL pins along with the one's that come with it should cover anyone's style of vaping. For me the 1.0 or the 1.2 mm pin should do it.
I currently use the comfort bridge and the Nauty mini 1.6Ω coils. I prefer this to the other bridges I've tried, and I'm hoping that the VS will be a definite improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread