Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Susaz I've heard good reports. Please follow up with a review!
Hi everyone!
If you're into heads, I found this bridge for nord heads! I'm ordering a couple, to see how they work on the BB!

https://www.signaturetips.com/products/north-bridge-nord-coil-adapter

received-349742498985178@2x.jpg

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hey guys. Couple quick questions. Is it normal for a Billet Box to read resistances higher than other devices? My BBs will read a build about 0.1 ohm higher than other dna devices. I figure it’s probably internal resistance, but I figured I’d ask around.

Also while I’m here - I’ve been using a Vape Shell for about 7 months with zero issues (leaking here and there) but suddenly in the Miami summertime - I get nothing but dry hits. It doesn’t matter how little cotton I use (I could probably use no cotton and it still won’t leak) and it’s dry hit central. Same builds, same cotton, same juice. All that’s changed is the time of year and the humidity. Anyone ever experience something similar?

Reactions: FringeChief68

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Hey guys. Couple quick questions. Is it normal for a Billet Box to read resistances higher than other devices? My BBs will read a build about 0.1 ohm higher than other DNA devices. I figure it’s probably internal resistance, but I figured I’d ask around.

Also while I’m here - I’ve been using a Vape Shell for about 7 months with zero issues (leaking here and there) but suddenly in the Miami summertime - I get nothing but dry hits. It doesn’t matter how little cotton I use (I could probably use no cotton and it still won’t leak) and it’s dry hit central. Same builds, same cotton, same juice. All that’s changed is the time of year and the humidity. Anyone ever experience something similar?
Petabread my BB 70W clone read resistances high for the first week or 3 then settled down. I assumed it was the positive conection making better contact with consistent pressure over time. My authentic BB rev 4B reads resistance accurately as far as I can tell.
As for your vapeshell getting dry hits...no idea. I use my vapeshell every day and from time to time I wick a bit too tight and get dry but if i wick it well no problems. It's winter in Sydney and I bought my vapeshell well after the summer humidity had subsided so can't soeak to climatic factors. Good luck!

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Hey guys. Couple quick questions. Is it normal for a Billet Box to read resistances higher than other devices? My BBs will read a build about 0.1 ohm higher than other DNA devices. I figure it’s probably internal resistance, but I figured I’d ask around.

The DNA boards in billet box are bare bones, meaning no internal resistance set etc so yes you'll have some variation in resistance, but it shouldn't be 0.1Ω difference, maybe like a few hundredths. Also consider your 510 nut, is it tight and secure? Also the quality of the connection on base of bridge can factor in as well.

I use the 1.3Ω mini euc coils and they come in at 1.32Ω but I also have internal resistance set, but even before it'd be like 1.37Ω if I remember correctly.

As far as weather related issues, if anything you should have flooding in hot weather because your liquid would be thinner. I'm up in Chicago and we had that crazy heat wave at beginning of the month and no issues with the hot weather and it's been humid too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Rev 4 number 3 was just ordered, (RPG/Blk button) also ordered a black Boro, and 4 of the care kits. I don't think I had ever ordered the care kits before. I have rarely ever needed to replace any of the gaskets, but the kit has a Boro tank gasket in it and I don't have any of those. :)

KAS

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Rev 4 number 3 was just ordered, (RPG/Blk button) also ordered a black Boro, and 4 of the care kits. I don't think I had ever ordered the care kits before. I have rarely ever needed to replace any of the gaskets, but the kit has a Boro tank gasket in it and I don't have any of those. :)

KAS

Gives ya that warm fuzzy feeling inside, don’t it?

• Agree
Reactions: kas122461

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I bet - Even more then finally winning a "F5 War" on a Saturday mornings . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Those were the days eh?

Kinda like the same feeling as when DD would pop in and say hello...

Or when you discovered a cool new thread on ECF...which is now dying a sad, slow death.

Uh oh! I brought back the sadness!

Where’s my beer?

rigsbin

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Hi - new here but figured this was the best place for some help. I have a rev4 dna 60 (blem) probably around 18 months old. Got a problem with the buttons and think one may be intermittently sticking as it sometimes scrolls right up to 60 watts. Have locked the power to avoid this, but it sometimes won't fire and goes through menus etc. Other times the display looks okay but does nothing when trying to fire. Have been able to take the battery out and get it to work, but then the issue returns.

Any advice on what can be done would be appreciated :)

I've tried contacting BB through the site contact, but had nothing back. Also I'm in the UK so sending back may be painful, plus it's my only device!

Thanks

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I'm no expert but it sounds like there's something messing with the contacts on your board.
If you feel confident about disassembly/reassembly you could open it up and look for any obvious corrosion or dirt. Clean any (now) exposed areas carefully and remove any dust or dirt. Make sure it's clean and dry and carefully put it back together.
Good luck

Reactions: HBcorpse

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I'm no expert but it sounds like there's something messing with the contacts on your board.
If you feel confident about disassembly/reassembly you could open it up and look for any obvious corrosion or dirt. Clean any (now) exposed areas carefully and remove any dust or dirt. Make sure it's clean and dry and carefully put it back together.
Good luck
Include the up/down buttons in that cleaning routine

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Fairly confident with things like this. Is it as simple as unscrewing the bolts and popping the cover? Would it be just the up/down/display side of the bb?

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)
Rigsbin if you're confident my advice would be to trust yourself and go for it. If you have the tools, use them.
It's no good until you fix it right?
It's easy for me to be gun ho - not my money to burn - but I'd carefully remove the cover and have a look at least.
Go slowly and carefully. You'll be fine.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Hi - new here but figured this was the best place for some help. I have a rev4 dna 60 (blem) probably around 18 months old. Got a problem with the buttons and think one may be intermittently sticking as it sometimes scrolls right up to 60 watts. Have locked the power to avoid this, but it sometimes won't fire and goes through menus etc. Other times the display looks okay but does nothing when trying to fire. Have been able to take the battery out and get it to work, but then the issue returns.

Any advice on what can be done would be appreciated :)

I've tried contacting BB through the site contact, but had nothing back. Also I'm in the UK so sending back may be painful, plus it's my only device!

Thanks

I had a similiar thing happen but it was much worse so this may not apply to you. I was vaping along happily until I suddenly got a major dry hit. I looked at the screen and saw that the watts were maxed out at 60. I thought that was strange but didn't see anything visibly wrong so I just ran the power back down to my preferred level.

I got a couple more pulls and then got the dry hit again. The power level was once again at 60, but this time it did not respond to my atttempts to turn it down. In addition, the screen was always on if a battery was in as if I was firing or adjusting. And it wouldn't fire.

Long story short, after I'd pulled off the board covering the controls and finding no problems or stray eliquid I called BBV and got information for sending it in. Turns out the separate board they use for the up/down buttons had failed.

Those triangle buttons in the cover press on the small switches on the control board itself. They could have become sticky with juice or the board switches could have failed. If you do remove the cover, check both items for smooth operation. On the little switches on the board, you will be able to feel a small distinct click if they are still intact.

One note of caution - be very careful and slow removing that cover panel. There is a soft rubber gasket between it and the body and it can stick fairly tightly to either side. A while ago on another box, when I was prying up the cover plate it suddenly released but pulled the display screen and cable with it. And secondly, make sure you have a quality tool of the proper size to use on the screws holding the plate. I've seen a lot of those get stripped out by people using tools that don't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread