~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigsbin

Jul 10, 2012
UK
And secondly, make sure you have a quality tool of the proper size to use on the screws holding the plate. I've seen a lot of those get stripped out by people using tools that don't fit.

Sorry to be a pain, do you know the correct size tool? Just tried a selection of small allen keys and none seem snug enough to be confident with - is it even an allen key? Googled it a bit but getting mixed returns... Thanks

Reactions: HBcorpse

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Sorry to be a pain, do you know the correct size tool? Just tried a selection of small allen keys and none seem snug enough to be confident with - is it even an allen key? Googled it a bit but getting mixed returns... Thanks

The best fit I've found is with my Wiha 263 driver, which is stamped with 1.3/0.05" I'm assuming that since BBV is in the USA that they use SAE (inch) fasteners. The screws are standard allen hex which I verified by using magnification. Yes, I've seen a few people state they were torx and recommend those star pattern tools but I think they just got lucky if they were able to do anything with them.

It has just a tiny bit of wiggle while inserted but still drives absolutely securely without any feel that it's going to turn and slip inside the fastener. It's done a great job even when the screws were really tight and I had to bear down to get them loose.

rigsbin

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Well, managed to find a 1.27 allen key and that fits well. Took the up/down button cover of carefully and there was a bit of moisture so cleaned this. Think the button board may be a bit dubious though as a tiny blob came of the top button circuit :( (may be me being to cack handed though with cleaning). Managed to position it back though and got it back together okay. It worked at first then started thinking I'd done a 5 click lock, so went in from the other side and (more carefully this time) dried any moisture plus gave a gentle go over with a low heat hairdryer. It is working okay now, but not convinced it will last.

May well have to go back at some point, how did you make contact with BB for return? Not had a response to the message I sent through the contact section of the site yet. Thanks for the help :)

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I wish I had a good recommendation for the contact. About a year ago, I had problems with one of my BBs and tried everything I could think of to contact them for a repair. But messages on their website, calls to the numbers listed on their site, and facebook messages were never answered. In this latest event, I noticed that they had a different number listed on their website. It was answered after 4 or 5 rings and a very nice woman told me how to get a repair. I realize you're in the UK so that's probably not going to work for you.

However, there doesn't seem to be a need for an approval, RMA, or anything of the like. She simply told me the address to send it to, and to make sure I included a note with the problem. my shipping address, and means of contacting me. It only took a couple of weeks for it to be repaired, and then they emailed a link to where I could pay on their website.

Not sure about the Royal Mail but the USPS has always been ultra reliable for me, and that's how it would be coming back to you. If you think that's what you want to do, the address she gave me was:

BBV
PO BOX 511
ATTN REPAIR
OGDEN, UT 84402-0511

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
FYI:

https://www.billetboxvapor.com/

https://www.billetboxvapor.com/contact

Webpage - Includes Help Phone Number for BB Owners Only:

"Support for EXISTING Billet Box owners in need of help please call 801-940-0820. This number dials our shop floor... Our shop is very loud so you may have to leave a message and we will get back to ya as soon as we can. This support line "is not" for sales, or order support, that is our Office line."

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
FYI:

https://www.billetboxvapor.com/

https://www.billetboxvapor.com/contact

Webpage - Includes Help Phone Number for BB Owners Only:

"Support for EXISTING Billet Box owners in need of help please call 801-940-0820. This number dials our shop floor... Our shop is very loud so you may have to leave a message and we will get back to ya as soon as we can. This support line "is not" for sales, or order support, that is our Office line."

Regrettably, that was a number I called 8 or 10 times with no success. A year later, I don't honestly remember but it seems like it simply rang and rang without anyone picking up. Again vaguely remembering, the old number for the office was where I left more than a few unreturned messages. The office number now listed on their page is where I finally was able to speak with someone.

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
I had the same up/down button nightmare, tried everything to fix it but it just kept coming back.

I emailed and eventually got an answer, maybe a week?

They have me access to the spares page.......

5d5e27dfd07628f9362f74e95d4ae5e9.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I had the same up/down button nightmare, tried everything to fix it but it just kept coming back.

Can't find that special orders page Laurie. You said "gave me access" I'd love to order a couple more G10 panels. Is there a link?

rigsbin

Jul 10, 2012
UK

So did you have to order the control button board? How did you go about fitting it?

Still working today, but time will tell..

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
Can't find that special orders page Laurie. You said "gave me access" I'd love to order a couple more G10 panels. Is there a link?
You have to email them, tell them your problem, they will modify your account to show the menu for the page.

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
So did you have to order the control button board? How did you go about fitting it?

Still working today, but time will tell..
Yes I bought a couple of boards, plus a stack of other spares.

The board had to be soldered in. 5 minute job for me, but that's my thing.

Polo65

Aug 9, 2014
Glasgow
The DNA boards in billet box are bare bones, meaning no internal resistance set etc so yes you'll have some variation in resistance, but it shouldn't be 0.1Ω difference, maybe like a few hundredths. Also consider your 510 nut, is it tight and secure? Also the quality of the connection on base of bridge can factor in as well.

I use the 1.3Ω mini euc coils and they come in at 1.32Ω but I also have internal resistance set, but even before it'd be like 1.37Ω if I remember correctly.

As far as weather related issues, if anything you should have flooding in hot weather because your liquid would be thinner. I'm up in Chicago and we had that crazy heat wave at beginning of the month and no issues with the hot weather and it's been humid too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
What did you set your internal resistance to because I too use the 1.3 drizzle coils and they read up to 1.37 ohms

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
My Xeta arrived today from Australia and I must say the bits and pieces in the package are really complete! I think this bridge will suit everyone from the MTL to DL brigade because of the way you can customize it!

I went for as fully open as I could get it and for me it's glorious! So good to have some airflow in a Billet Box!

It was a really simple and easy to build both with the coil and the wicking!

I went with a Ni80 2.5mm Nano Alien 3x29/38 0.4Ω and at 27 watts!

The flavour is excellent and after a few minutes with the Xeta I know it's a Chicken Dinner! Haku has hit a home run with this one!
Xeta 001.jpg
Xeta 002.jpg
Xeta 003.jpg
Xeta 004.jpg
Xeta 005.jpg
Xeta 006.jpg
Xeta 007.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
My Xeta arrived today from Australia and I must say the bits and pieces in the package are really complete! I think this bridge will suit everyone from the MTL to DL brigade because of the way you can customize it!

I went for as fully open as I could get it and for me it's glorious! So good to have some airflow in a Billet Box!

It was a really simple and easy to build both with the coil and the wicking!

I went with a Ni80 2.5mm Nano Alien 3x29/38 0.4Ω and at 27 watts!

The flavour is excellent and after a few minutes with the Xeta I know it's a Chicken Dinner! Haku has hit a home run with this one!
View attachment 833173 View attachment 833175 View attachment 833177 View attachment 833179 View attachment 833181 View attachment 833183 View attachment 833185

Looks awesome!

VERY reminiscent of the Exocet in appearance...

Which vendor did you buy from?

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Looks awesome!

VERY reminiscent of the Exocet in appearance...

Which vendor did you buy from?

It's really awesome @HBcorpse! I bought it directly from Haku in Australia in their Facebook group via a LIST which is the only way they sell it right now.

It is very Exocet and Flow'ish but very refined and all the extras make it a really good option... it can do tight MTL to open DL which is outstanding! And the flavour is excellent...

And the big win is I'm not getting any leaking or even condensation. I guess with an open airflow there is much time for condensation! There is a very slight condensation on the door. This is after 3 refills!
XetaRefill1.jpg
XetaRefill2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread