~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
How many more (are on your wish list), KAS?

Just the Green and the Gold now, fingers crossed for this weekend. :|

KAS

I guess I should add, that I only want the ones with the black buttons.

Last edited:

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
I’m so out of the loop since I have such a nice warm cozy nest of my “favorite things”...

IS there a DNA-60c?

I never even heard of that...sounds interesting!

The Delro 60 is a bit smaller than a BB, with the screen hidden.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
:bday: :bday: :bday:

3/14/13

(LUCKY 7!!)

betts.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Yep, those are what I use, I have 4 of them, 2 in Rev 3's, and 2 in Rev 4's. I have tried many rebuildable's, and always end up back to using these.
The problem I have with all the rebuildables are the manufacturer is trying to make one that serves both MTL & DL. They only give options for reducing the air flow, and no options for reducing the juice flow, which means that they will always leak. :|

KAS

Kas, oh Kas!!!!

I forgot to tell you this!

I talk to Tasos (Atmizoo big honcho) all the time, and we discussed this exact issue!

I told him I was experiencing the exact issue you’re talking about...

Seems they accounted for that with the VapeSnail...

He shared some pics and I tried the method.

Works. LIKE A CHARM.

8cd9e9cbb49c23db086c9cca7045d0bd.jpg

bf014f3d34cc23407827e4bff55e7199.jpg

5e5fcd91c36c8df74c7da85fd7a5634e.jpg

The trick is, to cut the wick tails ever so slightly outside the footprint of the base.

Then, tuck the excess length into the wells, just inside the liquid feed holes.

This “extra” cotton soaks up the excess juice pulled in from a tight airflow draw.

With an MTL draw setup on the VapeSnail, I’d been having the gurgling/flooding problem...because I was cutting the wick tails to a length similar to the VapeShell...which works A+ 100% perfect for a DL or even restricted lung hit draw...

But once I added the “extra” cotton, boom.

Issue resolved.

So, as always, your mileage may vary...but I figured I’d share, better late than never!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Kas, oh Kas!!!!

I forgot to tell you this!

I talk to Tasos (Atmizoo big honcho) all the time, and we discussed this exact issue!

I told him I was experiencing the exact issue you’re talking about...

Seems they accounted for that with the VapeSnail...

He shared some pics and I tried the method.

Works. LIKE A CHARM.

8cd9e9cbb49c23db086c9cca7045d0bd.jpg

bf014f3d34cc23407827e4bff55e7199.jpg

5e5fcd91c36c8df74c7da85fd7a5634e.jpg

The trick is, to cut the wick tails ever so slightly outside the footprint of the base.

Then, tuck the excess length into the wells, just inside the liquid feed holes.

This “extra” cotton soaks up the excess juice pulled in from a tight airflow draw.

With an MTL draw setup on the VapeSnail, I’d been having the gurgling/flooding problem...because I was cutting the wick tails to a length similar to the VapeShell...which works A+ 100% perfect for a DL or even restricted lung hit draw...

But once I added the “extra” cotton, boom.

Issue resolved.

So, as always, your mileage may vary...but I figured I’d share, better late than never!

I did try to do that with the Vape shell, and it was a temporary solution. It kind of worked, but to be honest there was still leaking. I did look at the snail, and anymore when I see those huge juice holes, I don't even consider it. If they made a insert to reduce the hole size, then I would be all in. I have even been trying to figure out how I could make a insert myself to put in the shell, but it is too small of a hole for these old eyes to see and work with. I have just given up till someone makes one, that is a true MTL only atty. That being said, it would have to come out pretty quick, May 12th is quickly approaching. :|

KAS

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I did try to do that with the Vape shell, and it was a temporary solution. It kind of worked, but to be honest there was still leaking. I did look at the snail, and anymore when I see those huge juice holes, I don't even consider it. If they made a insert to reduce the hole size, then I would be all in. I have even been trying to figure out how I could make a insert myself to put in the shell, but it is too small of a hole for these old eyes to see and work with. I have just given up till someone makes one, that is a true MTL only atty. That being said, it would have to come out pretty quick, May 12th is quickly approaching. :|

KAS

Though honestly it's not anything I've needed to use or even messed with, the Haku Xeta can control the juice flow. It uses a Hurricane/Exocet method where the chimney is removable and slotted for the cotton wicks to protrude through. The Xeta includes a small set screw at the bottom of that slot so the actual size of the slot can be reduced as the screw is moved towards the top.

The Xeta was the first bridge I saw that included inserts to adjust both the intake air (on the deck) and outlet air (in the chimney). I see the Vape Snail has adopted that also. In my experience the outlet restrictors don't make nearly the difference that the intake ones do, but in any case the system is a step forward for mtl vapers whoever is using it.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Though honestly it's not anything I've needed to use or even messed with, the Haku Xeta can control the juice flow. It uses a Hurricane/Exocet method where the chimney is removable and slotted for the cotton wicks to protrude through. The Xeta includes a small set screw at the bottom of that slot so the actual size of the slot can be reduced as the screw is moved towards the top.

The Xeta was the first bridge I saw that included inserts to adjust both the intake air (on the deck) and outlet air (in the chimney). I see the Vape Snail has adopted that also. In my experience the outlet restrictors don't make nearly the difference that the intake ones do, but in any case the system is a step forward for mtl vapers whoever is using it.

I think I remember that thing, I thought a few people that had it, said that the screws that reduced the juice flow, really did not work very good, that they were loose when screwed out enough. I could be completely wrong, and I am remembering something else. :unsure:

KAS

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I think I remember that thing, I thought a few people that had it, said that the screws that reduced the juice flow, really did not work very good, that they were loose when screwed out enough. I could be completely wrong, and I am remembering something else. :unsure:

KAS

I don't have extensive testing of the feature to rely on. The only time I used it was on my first builds, where I limited the slot size by about half. I'd say it made a difference and from that time on I ran the screw down all the way so I'm using the full area of the slot.

No doubt the screw could get wobbly at the very end of its travel, since it's not a trapped fastener. But my ballpark guess is that from those few times I messed with it, the length of the screw and threading it mounts in would allow at least a 75% reduction in the area.

In the area of opinion and not measurable facts, I tend to believe it would work as advertised. The designer/maker of Haku gear is a degreed engineer. Through various goods made by him, I usually notice at least a couple of features that obviously had a lot of thought put into them. IMO, he is the polar opposite of those who make vape devices solely based on "hey, that looks cool!".

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

KAS

I can appreciate your efforts with the wicking in the VapeShell...

But I’m here to tell you that the Snail has accounted for this issue by including a well behind and below the juice intake holes.

Truly, making the cotton tails longer, and stuffing that extra wick into those purpose built wells, really solves the MTL dilemma we loathe.

Like I said above, wicking the Snail the same way one would wick the VapeShell only works for DL / restricted lung hit vaping.

The VapeShell really doesn’t go as far a distance in the MTL direction as the Snail does.

On another note, good to know I’m not the only one who strictly likes the plain black BBox buttons.

Personally, I’m not into the bling of the other button styles, and I’ve never taken my Rev4’s apart to add aftermarket buttons/faceplates.

I did, however, used to take the internal dial plate off my Rev3’s, so I could install a short piece of ribbon, for which to pop the batteries out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread