The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Discussion in 'Modder/Accessories Supplier Forum' started by Doug Dino, Jan 1, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Copy that. I'd probably not have noticed if I wasn't looking specifically for it either.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

YEA - "My" BAD - I look at the site every so often "Dreaming" about "Stuff" that was there and just didn't take the opportunity to buy one ever since I was "Gifted" a BB v4 by another very generous & gracious ECF / BB Friend :wub: (Don't know if I really should mention who it was since it was done privately :thumbs: ) . . . I was waiting to get the "VapeSnail" - which is not available yet - even though "Atmizoo" said it might be at the end of March and a 2nd "Drop" mid April . . NOW - Because of the Corvid-19 they don't know when it will be available . . . So would like to get a V4 Boro Tank until the VapeSnail is available . . . OH WELL - Guess I'll just have to be patient, until either one of them are available - just like everyone else . . . :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  3. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I feel so antiquated sometimes, still using the same thing I've been using in them for this many years.

Then I take a vape, and remember why. Because I like it!!! ;) :cool: :D :vapor:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    I've been doing a polar thing regarding the Vape Snail. Somedays I wonder why I need one - and this is why I didn't try to get one during the first release. But the next day I'll begin thinking I really need to try one. So I'm doing frequent 180 degree swings.

I've watched a couple of reviews and the main thing I got was that it's now possible to adjust your wick or build without emptying a boro. That is a plus for sure, but wouldn't make much difference for me. I rebuild at the end of the second boro; the vape has dropped off but not to the point I don't want to finish what's there. And my habit is that when it's time to rewick, I begin while standing at my kitchen sink and rinse as I take the thing apart. So that doesn't create slippery pieces and sticky fingers.

I got a Vape Shell when they were first released. I had friends who had problems wicking them, but after a couple of adjustments I was able to get a consistently good experience. Not on the level of an Exocet, but not far below. The thing is, when the Xeta came out there was now another great bridge on the market and my Vape Shell mostly sits and waits. The wicking on it does take more attention and more fiddling - and I am more likely to run into small problems. With the Hurricane-style horizontal wicks on the Exocet and the Xeta, things could not be easier or more consistent.

I see that the Snail has moved the juice ports to the corners instead of the floor of the deck like the Shell used. I don't know if that will make it easier to quickly and effectively wick.

I've always liked Atmizoo quality and am happy to see they include various adapters to dial in the vape that's perfect for each user. But the Xeta already did that and is cheaper to boot. The Xeta is less than $100 and the prices I've seen on the Vape Snail are in the $140 range. Shipping is close (or exactly) the same. Yes, you don't need a boro with the Snail, but I have plenty of them already.

There are much larger problems in the world than me deciding which way I'm going to go. Plus, even if I decided I had to have one there aren't any to be found right now. But at least it's something to ponder and take up some of all that slack time.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheSneakerHoarder

TheSneakerHoarder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    DFW
    Honestly, the snail just lacks flavor for me. I run as tight mtl as possible on all bridges and the karma has much better flavor.

• Like Like x 2
  6. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Per BBV:

• Like Like x 1
  7. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
  8. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I don't remember ever seeing a BX8 before. I have the BX9, so I tried for it just for the heck of it, of course I failed. I thought I had seen all the colors, this one was new to me. :?:

KAS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Think it has to do with the Fisheye Ultem Button

• Like Like x 2
  10. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Well I thought that was indicated with the F-U designation. :?:

KAS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

To One & All

[​IMG]

.​

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  12. HBcorpse

Jul 23, 2013
    Finally got a new family photo...I need to do a COMPLETE group photo...Rev2, Rev3’s, and Rev4’s all together...
    EF1BC198-D9FE-482A-BA9B-FB8BB367C320.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mackman

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    HB is that a Dirt Pie on the far right?

• Like Like x 1
  14. HBcorpse

Jul 23, 2013
    1. Turtle
    2. Rat 4B (60w)
    3. Dober
    4. Clear
    5. Fawkes
    6. Nugget
    7. Rat 4A (40w)

I’ve never been into the fancy buttons...from BBV or anyone else.

Not even into the F-U units...

Not sure why!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Personally I like the black buttons because they are stealthy, also they are cheaper. I did try for the F-U buttons, and that because No. 1 they were the only thing on the site, and No. 2 they were the the same price as the black buttons. If they have the black ones again I will choose those. :|

KAS

• Like Like x 1
  16. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Well finally after trying for 2 months, I got the Nugget with the F-U button. I still prefer the black button, but looking at the picture, the button looks good with the gold. :)

KAS

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    I'm not really in a position to get another one right now, but you scored big! Like you, not crazy about the ultem button but of all the styles, the Nugget carries it the best. And though tastes always seem to change, the Nugget is the last left on the list of BBs I'd like to have. Maybe a Clear would be nice, but that's not to the level of "want" right now.

I hadn't been watching each drop for entertainment lately, so curious - was it another instant sellout?

• Like Like x 4
  18. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Yes everything was gone, almost instantly. I was really surprised when I got it, I am usually too slow. I just want the green one now, still prefer the black button, but I will try for which ever one is there at this point. :|

KAS

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. mackman

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Throw back
    Rev 3 Billet boxes.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2