Status
Not open for further replies.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I did try to do that with the vape shell, and it was a temporary solution. It kind of worked, but to be honest there was still leaking. I did look at the snail, and anymore when I see those huge juice holes, I don't even consider it. If they made a insert to reduce the hole size, then I would be all in. I have even been trying to figure out how I could make a insert myself to put in the shell, but it is too small of a hole for these old eyes to see and work with. I have just given up till someone makes one, that is a true MTL only atty. That being said, it would have to come out pretty quick, May 12th is quickly approaching. :|

KAS
Have you tried the Crossbow I hear it is a true MTL (no personal experience I use bridges wide open)

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I have the standard Kanger, the Triton setup, the Exocet, the Insider, the Vapeshell, the Crossbow, the Xeta and the KRMA. I do not have a Vapesnail.

Of the ones I do have, I still love the Xeta the most. I have 2. After 3 tanks at low wattage mtl, when I go to rebuild it, I take out the key and the boro falls out when I flip it over. Zero moisture in the well.

It will do true mtl too. AND true rdtl. All in the way you set it up and yes, the juice flow screws do indeed work as intended.

All that said, the Snail may blow it outta the water. I can't comment intelligently on that. The KRMA did not in my opinion.

As long as you're careful with that positive post clamp, I don't see how anybody could wrong with a Xeta :cool:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Have you tried the Crossbow I hear it is a true MTL (no personal experience I use bridges wide open)

I have not, I heard the two halves come apart too easily. I was going to try it though, just with everything going on, I have been focused on getting the box's. :|

KAS

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Okay, if I was looking at buying a new Haku Xeta, and a new Crossbow, preferably authentic, where would I order them from? :?:

KAS
I'm in the wrong thread. Sorry about that. Mine are clones, but the SXK and YFTK are copied to a T right down to the weak positive clamp. SXK gives you a spare, but if you're careful it won't break. At least neither of mine have. There was a guy on POTV who had both and said he could barely tell the difference and they vape identically.

As far as I know you can only get the authentics in the Facebook groups.

• Informative
Reactions: kas122461

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
I have tried the crossbow clone and there are definetely quality issues around it that I'm certain are not present in the authentic.

On the clone, the RBA only fits in one way since the whole atomizer is machined at an angle. Hard to explain this, but the whole thing is tilted. When the atomizer is in, there is always a visible seperation between the top and botton because of this (although it does not flood).

There are also issues with the airflow. I like a good MTL draw, but out of the box, the clone draws like sucking on a siphon hose. Some of this can be due to the insulator in the post being rotated. But, I personally think the air hole has been undersized. Since the airflow is so small, the plastic reducers really do nothing. I drilled mine to 1mm and it improved things.

IMHO it is not fair to judge the authentic by the clone.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
IMHO it is not fair to judge the authentic by the clone.

THIS.

IMHO calling them clones is a nicety.

They are counterfeits. Plain and simple.

Nobody refers to any other counterfeit products as clones...there aren’t “clone Louis Vuitton hand bags”...they’re counterfeits, and typically land their purveyors in legal trouble.

That being said, I do understand why someone may buy a clone for cheap, to see if the idea of the device is even feasible to want to use.

Borrowed a KFL+ clone wayyyyyyy back when, when I was ready to take the leap from cartos to rebuilding.

After learning that I could do it, I immediately dropped the money for an authentic and gave the clone back to its owner.

All THAT being said, I do not judge others for their decisions on how they spend their money.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Tomorrow we'll have dober, green, RPG, clear (silver) and black. Please watch for an update on our website in just a bit for updates on the Billet Box and BBV.
One thing - we will limit purchases to 1 per person per week for the time being.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom...

But that sounds VERRRRRRRY ominous.

a0aa2b1ead55eeec6373a54417c54479.jpg

That is a good thing, it increases the chances of getting one. :)

KAS

Edit : Okay they actually really did post a massive update on the site, very cool.

EDIT: I finally saw the post! The Ultem buttons look really cool, but I still like the stock button more.

Their post just sounded like a “we need to talk” text message from a lover...

Last edited:
Reactions: kas122461

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Sorry to be all doom and gloom...

But that sounds VERRRRRRRY ominous.

a0aa2b1ead55eeec6373a54417c54479.jpg

That is a good thing, it increases the chances of getting one. :)

KAS

Edit : Okay they actually really did post a massive update on the site, very cool. Also I really miss Doug Dino's unique way of wording things and adding humor. I think I will try for one of those fish eye buttons. :|

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well it looks like there is nothing up for sale this week, they did say that they were reducing the amount available during this pandemic. I hope they are back up soon. :unsure:

KAS

I spoke with her last night, KAS, and yes - it's the 11th. She said it was posted somewhere (I think on their webpage). Next week, hopefully back to semi normalcy.

This bites.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I spoke with her last night, KAS, and yes - it's the 11th. She said it was posted somewhere (I think on their webpage). Next week, hopefully back to semi normalcy.

This bites.

By any chance, did "she" mention when and if Boro Tanks would be back - I need to get one for a V4 ? ? ? :blink:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread