aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
That is a really nice looking Rev3. :hubba:

Thank you, sir! :)

Doug at BBV has never failed over the years to come up with great descriptions for his work. Here is the description of a new color that was posted on todays drop.

Our Black Cerakoted Billet Box with precisely *12,743 bright pink UV reactive splats, **meticulously hand painted one by one, and ***counted twice... as someone with perhaps a bit less than average affinity for the color pink, ****i can vouch this thing don't look half bad... Setting the whole thing off, our collection of Black Mother of Pearl Buttons got *****"cherry picked" just for these, selecting ones that will flash a bit of pink..
GXY_BB__05365.1616243696.jpg

He does have a knack... :thumbs:

Rmervin

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
NC
The units engraved with the “Blem/Fac. 2nd” were all sold in one drop, in 2017.

I do not recall them doing that again.

I got my Fawkes Blem during that drop.

Do you recall what year your RNB Blem was purchased?

Hopefully you at least got something back for your lost Billet Boxes. Although nothing can really cover the loss of a beloved Billet Box. Never mind the loss of two of them.

The RNB was purchased 10/20/2017... The loss was Christmas 2019, the claim was paid 04/2020, by that time I had the hurt feelings bad and was loath to buy another Billet Box. I still have a 4a, 4b, rev 3. I bought Sunbox with the money: zero boro and zero nega.

I crave one of these 4c cerakote jobbies. But I fear I'll not acquire one before American vaping flames out. Thank you for your kindness and sympathy. The wound still stings.

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
Just an observation from today's Billet Box drop; there was no longer free shipping offered. Shipping in the US was FedEx and the cost for ground was 14.92. There was an express option for about twice the amount but I don't remember the exact cost.

So knowing what Doug is like at times, was '1492' significant in some way?

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Not sure if intentional, but that's the year most history books say Columbus discovered America.

AD

Just an observation from today's Billet Box drop; there was no longer free shipping offered. Shipping in the US was FedEx and the cost for ground was 14.92. There was an express option for about twice the amount but I don't remember the exact cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Not sure if intentional, but that's the year most history books say Columbus discovered America.

AD

Maybe they're moving to Ohio? ;)

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
This was their update

Hi all, couple things:
First: colors will be SLR, Lab Rat and Bx.

Second: I'm working feverishly behind the scenes with the many changes we're having to implement. Please be patient with response times and issues that need figuring out.
We will no longer be using DHL (at least for now) and I'm working to get good shipping prices for our intl. customers but that might take time. Currently shipping is about a small house payment. Ugh. So, I AM working on it, I do NOT know when things will be resolved. Hopefully soon.
*Please don't spam me with suggestions as you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. No really.*

Thirdly: There will be more stuff happening soon with the checkout process that we're having to implement that might screw things up a little until we can get everything figured out. (Phew, nested sentence extravaganza) I'm not going to go into it. It might be a good idea to do a trial run before the stock update just to make sure things are working correctly for you.

AAAAANNNNDD, last but not least - we will never contact you via PM to sell you boxes. We don't use PayPal and ANY and EVERY order you place with us will go directly through our online shop. Meaning you will have to log in and purchase things directly through the shop.

K, that's it for now. Thanks everyone for your patience and continued awesomeness. We appreciate ya'll!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It actually worked out well for me that there was no drop today. I had a tee time at 9:45 CDT and would've had to use my iPad from the range. I'll make sure to schedule things better for next week. ;) :thumbs:

You're skipping Augusta next week??? :eek: ;)

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
It actually worked out well for me that there was no drop today. I had a tee time at 9:45 CDT and would've had to use my iPad from the range. I'll make sure to schedule things better for next week. ;) :thumbs:
You're skipping Augusta next week??? :eek: ;)

I'm sorry but I wasn't invited. It wasn't even close. :facepalm: :ohmy:

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
I managed to score a Bluebald on the last drop in March. Shipping was no longer free. It was via Fedex and the cost as mentioned earlier was $14.92. I received this yesterday, which is a few days later than what I would usually get from USPS.

I've already removed the authenticity sticker and reprogramed the DNA60 the way that I like it.

upload_2021-4-6_21-30-31.png

Barruel

Apr 18, 2014
Spain
Hi.

I come from here. Apparently I posted my question in the wrong place.

I'm thinking about joining the BB crowd. I'm sure I'll regret it because I'm sure I'll get all the candies I fancy for it, but I just love the looks and general convenience. It's like the V3 Hana Modz boxes. Those designs are just immortal. I also like the idea of not going out there with the mod in one pocket and a 100 ml crystal bottle in the other. I 'm also a customization freak and I'm sure I'll like that side of the BB.

The thing is that I don't know if I'll like the BB with my vaping customs.

I vape exclusively on RDAs. In the last year, 99% of my vaping time was spent with Citadel and Hadaly RDAs, and now and then I also use my Profile RDA. I don't do any special setups or other fancy stuff. I just wrap simple single round 28 AWG SS wire to use in the 20-40W range in TC mode on my Picos, Reuleauxs and Sbody Macros. I also have Clapton and Alien Wires I use now and then, but I'm OK with the simple coils. I also like an airy vape, which is my main concern with the BB.

The thing is that I haven't touched a tank since the days of the Kayfun 3.1, which was about 2014 or so. I know that there are 510 adapters for BB, but the thing with the BB is using boro RBAs (or "bridges", as they call it), which means going back to RTAs. This is also something I'm not so sure about because that Kayfun had an extremely closed and hard draw, so I think on that when I think about RBAs

So is the vaping much different in boro tanks and RDAs? Will I be disappointed when vaping a VapeSnail or Wick'd boro RBAs vs vaping RDAs?

TIA

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Hi.

I'm thinking about joining the BB crowd. I'm sure I'll regret it because I'm sure I'll get all the candies I fancy for it, but I just love the looks and general convenience. It's like the V3 Hana Modz boxes. Those designs are just immortal. I also like the idea of not going out there with the mod in one pocket and a 100 ml crystal bottle in the other. I 'm also a customization freak and I'm sure I'll like that side of the BB.

I vape exclusively on RDAs. In the last year, 99% of my vaping time was spent with Citadel and Hadaly RDAs, and now and then I also use my Profile RDA. I don't do any special setups or other fancy stuff. I just wrap simple single round 28 AWG SS wire to use in the 20-40W range in TC mode on my Picos, Reuleauxs and Sbody Macros. I also have Clapton and Alien Wires I use now and then, but I'm OK with the simple coils. I also like an airy vape, which is my main concern with the BB.

The thing is that I haven't touched a tank since the days of the Kayfun 3.1, which was about 2014 or so. I know that there are 510 adapters for BB, but the thing with the BB is using boro RBAs (or "bridges", as they call it), which means going back to RTAs. This is also something I'm not so sure about because that Kayfun had an extremely closed and hard draw, so I think on that when I think about RBAs

So is the vaping much different in boro tanks and RDAs? Will I be disappointed when vaping a VapeSnail or Wick'd boro RBAs vs vaping RDAs?
TIA

I have not used a RDA for a long, long time, so not really too much help with that. I can tell you that the vape snail and the vape shell, are the best I have found for the BB. I do compare the flavor to being close to my Kayfuns though, I never stopped using their products. :|

KAS

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Hi.

TIA

If you had asked this question a year or two in the past, the answer would have been much different. Traditionally, the Billet Box was known for mtl along with lesser amounts of air. Remember, it started as a mod that used a carto.

But the new crowd who's gone so crazy about Billets are looking for your level of airflow and beyond. So most of the newer bridges are capable of handling high power (up to 60 watts, of course) and much more airflow. There are bridges which come with different size components so you can choose the amount of airflow you like. The Xeta was the first as I remember. The Exocet V2 was enlarged to be able to produce much more air. In fact, I'd say that 99% of any bridges introduced in the last year can easily produce a Citadel or Hadely level of air - and a lot more.

Though they can be hard to get due to the new converts' eagerness, bridges like the Mobb Mini, Brid'gd, Wick'd, VapeSnail, and Alien can produce more air than any bridge from a couple of years ago. I'm sorry that I can't give you a personal experience with any of them as I haven't tried them. I have probably 6 or 7 different bridge choices but I vape a loose MTL. Just as a data point, on my Exocet V1, V2, Xeta, Vapeshell, and Insider I am using some sort of restrictors on all of them - so they have more air to give than I'm using.

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
Hi.

TIA

I think you'll find @kas122461 recommendations to be very sound. The comments from @GeekyGeezer are also very accurate.

I often vape dual coil RDA or RTA usually on 21700 mech mods with coil resistance at between 0.08Ω and 0.12Ω. That's in excess of 100W and produces real clouds. At the same time my true love is the Billet Box.

My most used bridge is the VapeSnail with a 3mm wrapped SS316L dual clapton at around 0.25Ω-0.3Ω. I reprogram the DNA60 board with an SS316L temp curve, (because the SS316 curve on the stock board is not accurate,) and setup some Temp Control profiles with varying preheat settings. (This is part of the beauty of DNA boards.) I vape the aforementioned coil with 0.6 secs of 60W preheat and power set at 30W with a temp setting anywhere from 410ºF to 435ºF. The nicotine levels of the juice that I use is roughly twice or little more than what I would use when dripping on my dual coil mechs.

So the answer to your question...I don't believe you will be disappointed. The convenience of the Billet Box far out weighs even a squonker with Citadel or Hadalay. For airflow the VapeSnail is 4mm wide-open which exceeds the 3.5mm airflow of the Bridg'd. It's plenty of air. You would just have to dial in the coil and the wicking that gets you the flavor you want with the juice that you choose to vape.

BTW, welcome the the Billet Box thread. It sounds like you're very aware of the rabbit hole and ready to jump in. :thumb:

Barruel

Apr 18, 2014
Spain
If you had asked this question a year or two in the past, the answer would have been much different. Traditionally, the Billet Box was known for mtl along with lesser amounts of air. Remember, it started as a mod that used a carto.

But the new crowd who's gone so crazy about Billets are looking for your level of airflow and beyond. So most of the newer bridges are capable of handling high power (up to 60 watts, of course) and much more airflow. There are bridges which come with different size components so you can choose the amount of airflow you like. The Xeta was the first as I remember. The Exocet V2 was enlarged to be able to produce much more air. In fact, I'd say that 99% of any bridges introduced in the last year can easily produce a Citadel or Hadely level of air - and a lot more.

Though they can be hard to get due to the new converts' eagerness, bridges like the Mobb Mini, Brid'gd, Wick'd, VapeSnail, and Alien can produce more air than any bridge from a couple of years ago. I'm sorry that I can't give you a personal experience with any of them as I haven't tried them. I have probably 6 or 7 different bridge choices but I vape a loose MTL. Just as a data point, on my Exocet V1, V2, Xeta, Vapeshell, and Insider I am using some sort of restrictors on all of them - so they have more air to give than I'm using.

Thank you for such an informative answer. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

I think you'll find @kas122461 recommendations to be very sound. The comments from @GeekyGeezer are also very accurate.

I often vape dual coil RDA or RTA usually on 21700 mech mods with coil resistance at between 0.08Ω and 0.12Ω. That's in excess of 100W and produces real clouds. At the same time my true love is the Billet Box.

My most used bridge is the VapeSnail with a 3mm wrapped SS316L dual clapton at around 0.25Ω-0.3Ω. I reprogram the DNA60 board with an SS316L temp curve, (because the SS316 curve on the stock board is not accurate,) and setup some Temp Control profiles with varying preheat settings. (This is part of the beauty of DNA boards.) I vape the aforementioned coil with 0.6 secs of 60W preheat and power set at 30W with a temp setting anywhere from 410ºF to 435ºF. The nicotine levels of the juice that I use is roughly twice or little more than what I would use when dripping on my dual coil mechs.

So the answer to your question...I don't believe you will be disappointed. The convenience of the Billet Box far out weighs even a squonker with Citadel or Hadalay. For airflow the VapeSnail is 4mm wide-open which exceeds the 3.5mm airflow of the Bridg'd. It's plenty of air. You would just have to dial in the coil and the wicking that gets you the flavor you want with the juice that you choose to vape.

Thanks. Those figures and wires are way over what I expected from the BB and the airflow it was apparently capable of and also way over what I ask from my RDAs. Happy to read that.

I'm also a TC vaper and I use the famous DNA200 SS curve v3.5 from i-don't-remember-who. I was using it with ArcticFox even before I had a mod with a real DNA Escribe-capable board and I miss it when I'm using mods with simpler electronics (like the dual 21700 Uwell Evdilo I've used today).

BTW, welcome the the Billet Box thread. It sounds like you're very aware of the rabbit hole and ready to jump in. :thumb:

Indeed. I'm the kind of guy who likes to customize stuff as deeply as possible, so the BB and I are a match made in hell. It is going to dig a huge hole in my pockets.

I'm already regretting the money I thrown into the BB and I haven't even received it. A couple of weeks ago I ordered no less than 4 S-Body Macro Classical box mods and now they might be overshadowed by the BB. I've already ordered a DNA SXK BB from FT. It comes with the VapeSnail and EVL Alien bridges and lots of spare boros, o-rings, glass doors and anticondensation plugs. I haven't got a Bridg'd bridge because they are hard to find on the internet, but I even ordered a not so cheap leather case and I'm seriously thinking about getting a second SXK DNA60 from a chinese vape shop with an EU warehouse.

You'll see me again here I guess...

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Thank you for such an informative answer. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Thanks. Those figures and wires are way over what I expected from the BB and the airflow it was apparently capable of and also way over what I ask from my RDAs. Happy to read that.

I'm also a TC vaper and I use the famous DNA200 SS curve v3.5 from i-don't-remember-who. I was using it with ArcticFox even before I had a mod with a real DNA Escribe-capable board and I miss it when I'm using mods with simpler electronics (like the dual 21700 Uwell Evdilo I've used today).

Indeed. I'm the kind of guy who likes to customize stuff as deeply as possible, so the BB and I are a match made in hell. It is going to dig a huge hole in my pockets.

I'm already regretting the money I thrown into the BB and I haven't even received it. A couple of weeks ago I ordered no less than 4 S-Body Macro Classical box mods and now they might be overshadowed by the BB. I've already ordered a DNA SXK BB from FT. It comes with the VapeSnail and EVL Alien bridges and lots of spare boros, o-rings, glass doors and anticondensation plugs. I haven't got a Bridg'd bridge because they are hard to find on the internet, but I even ordered a not so cheap leather case and I'm seriously thinking about getting a second SXK DNA60 from a chinese vape shop with an EU warehouse.

You'll see me again here I guess...

I’d like to second the welcoming to the forum/thread!

I wanted to say this before anyone else says it, maybe not so nicely:

This is an authentic Billet Box thread, created by the original inventor of the Billet Box...so some may not respond warmly to your SXK units.

10 years into vaping, and I am as sick of the Clone Wars as the next vaper...but things still happen.

Personally, I’m glad you’re not smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread