The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Discussion in 'Modder/Accessories Supplier Forum' started by Doug Dino, Jan 1, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Truckin Vaper

Truckin Vaper Full Member

Jan 14, 2021
    I lowered my coil down really close to the airflow rewicked and now I’m getting the flavor I was looking for. Thanks guys I appreciate the help.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wolfmeat

Wolfmeat Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    Does anyone have any info on the Billet Boxes stamped 'blem / fac. 2nd'?

The one that I have is an RPG rev.4B~60 with black button and appears to be from 2017. @gnees was able to tell me from what he could recall they were sold for $50 less than standard prices. The only thing different about this box other than being marked a blem is that the RPG anodizing appears to be more purple than any of the others that I have.

• Like Like x 3
  3. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    I remember them well, and yes there was a slight price reduction. They are very much like Provari blems - even the most picky eye may or may not see any flaws. They have exactly the same parts and construction as any other Rev 4. I remember BBV's statements when they were first released that the criteria for a blem was that they somehow missed the standards that had been set. As you mentioned, perhaps the anodizing was a slightly different shade, or perhaps had a tiny speck. Maybe there was a slight difference in texture. They were posititioned as not being 100% perfect but much too good to discard.

I don't know if all the various Billet Box models had blems for sale at any given time. My gut impression is that they didn't.

In the aftermarket, I have seen NO difference in the prices being asked. In fact, with the latest batch of new Billet Box converts there seems to be quite an emphasis on collecting all the variations. Examples: Flipper, Year of the Dog, Barbara Walters, and now Dumpster Fire. Things have gotten really weird lately in this market and I would not be suprised at all to see that a Blem would bring a higher price than a regular production one - expecially for those who want to "complete the set".

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wolfmeat

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    Your description makes sense based on what I see with the one that I have.

Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 2
  5. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Can most models of these still be used with an adapter to put a tank on top? Or, use a full sized carto?

6. Wolfmeat

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    Mechlyfe made the Link by Tony B that allows one to put a standard atomizer with a 510 connector on the Billet Box Rev.4. I've not tried it on a Rev.3 but it may work there also.

I'll let someone else answer your question about cartomizer size.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rmervin

Rmervin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 24, 2013
    NC
    I had one but it was lost in shipping in Dec 2019 when I sent it in for repair that (mine was RNB) and a Ratbald were both lost. I think my Blem had a mark inside.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Wolfmeat

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    Do you recall what year your RNB Blem was purchased?

Hopefully you at least got something back for your lost Billet Boxes. Although nothing can really cover the loss of a beloved Billet Box. Never mind the loss of two of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    My very first Rev 4 is a 2017 Fac 2nd, I still carry it every day. It had a flaw on the bottom where the coating did not stick, a very tiny speck. :|

KAS

• Like Like x 4
  10. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    The units engraved with the “Blem/Fac. 2nd” were all sold in one drop, in 2017.

I do not recall them doing that again.

I got my Fawkes Blem during that drop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wolfmeat

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    That's very interesting. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wolfmeat

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    Playing with a rev3 today. I installed an Odis Flow v2 with a 1.6Ω kanthal coil.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Robfisher

Robfisher Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    It's been a while since I had a BB in my hand but the Mobb Mini arrived and it's awesome!
    BB Mobb 2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Robfisher

Robfisher Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    Vape Mail Baby! I have wanted an all-white Billet Box for a long time but have never managed to nail one or go through the hassle of shipping a BB to the UK. Then Billet Box themselves released a white one but in such small quantities and I always missed the release. So what did I do? I bought a cheapish second hand one and sent it to a mate in JHB to convert it into a white one! And Bazinga!
    BB White 02.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  15. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Katdarling

Katdarling I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    :) :D :vapor:

billet box4.jpg

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Wolfmeat

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 "Thankee sai." Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Same carto still in there? ;)

{GASP!} Rev3s, like good sports cars, are made to be driven. ;)

All of my 3s still rock delrin tanks, and the original Billet Bridges ("One bridge to rule them all.")

:vapor:

20170623_075652 (Medium).jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Wolfmeat

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    That is a really nice looking Rev3. :hubba:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wolfmeat

Supporting member
    Jan 16, 2014
    Central WI
    Doug at BBV has never failed over the years to come up with great descriptions for his work. Here is the description of a new color that was posted on todays drop.

Our Black Cerakoted Billet Box with precisely *12,743 bright pink UV reactive splats, **meticulously hand painted one by one, and ***counted twice... as someone with perhaps a bit less than average affinity for the color pink, ****i can vouch this thing don't look half bad... Setting the whole thing off, our collection of Black Mother of Pearl Buttons got *****"cherry picked" just for these, selecting ones that will flash a bit of pink..[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2