Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The Goblin Mini is so annoying to refill and the flavour is not better in my opinion...

Yes the GMini is annoying to refill. Yes it has issues but in my opinion has the best flavor of anything to me with the same coil and about the same ohm and powerbthe Billow has muted flavor. Why do you think I left it to build a little Orchid. Even the little kayfun Nano and Orchid has BG better flavor than the Billow V2 Nano.

thekraut

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Yes the GMini is annoying to refill. Yes it has issues but in my opinion has the best flavor of anything to me with the same coil and about the same ohm and powerbthe Billow has muted flavor. Why do you think I left it to build a little Orchid. Even the little kayfun Nano and Orchid has BG better flavor than the Billow V2 Nano.

I wont start trolling but i am really convinced... this is all to personal preference and for ME the Billow delivers much better flavour then the Goblin Mini. But if you have some intel we don't know enlighten us.

GeneJin

Nov 5, 2015
I'm very new to vaping and this is my first rig. I'm using MVP3 pro with Billow v2 Nano. When I fire, it seems that only 1 coil is heating up working. Then I vape it felt burnt and dry... I've taken the photo of my coil for reference.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446901985.660786.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I wont start trolling but i am really convinced... this is all to personal preference and for ME the Billow delivers much better flavour then the Goblin Mini. But if you have some intel we don't know enlighten us.

No special Intel. Many of the reviewers are raving about the GMini, I think the GMini has vastly superior flavor to the Bellus, the Billow V2, the Taifun, the Orchid, the Kayfun, and Kayfun Nano. Even some RDAs such as the Freakshow, Magma, Veritas.

Then there are people here in ECF that have 2-7 GMini's.

I have the GMini, Orchid V6, Kayfun Nano. Taifun GT, and Aqua V2 all beat the Billow V2 Nano where flavor is concerned.

Now the GMini has several issues.

1. Claustrophobic build deck.
2. Fill port on the bottom
3. Tiny screws
4. Stupid pendulum airflow
5. Leaks if nor wicked properly.

In my opinion the Billow V2 Nano is no better in the flavor Dept than the Silverplay Nano I built with the Kayfun Nano chimney and Bell cap.

I think the GMini is a flavor chaser's dream.

voodoo6

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2015
I'm very new to vaping and this is my first rig. I'm using MVP3 pro with Billow v2 Nano. When I fire, it seems that only 1 coil is heating up working. Then I vape it felt burnt and dry... I've taken the photo of my coil for reference. View attachment 504095

GeneJin what size wire? I find that 26 gauge wrapped around a 2.5mm bit with 5 or 6 wraps worked best for me. Then make sure your wicks are not down in the channels at all. Yours look like they are to low. Take a piece of wire and lift those up and kind of place them on the deck right next to the juice channels and the air flow hole but not blocking the air flow. I get them wet with juice and kind of lift and tuck them back up on the deck.

Also when you fire your coils after installing them take a screwdriver and strum the coil a few times then fire it then strum some more then fire it and that should help them fire better. Make sure you snugged up all the screws to. Hope that helps.

Reactions: macis

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Finally got around to building my V2. Such a tiny deck and chamber for a beginner. Same deck as the old aqua minus the massive airholes. I used the 2 stock coils it came with. I only have 500' plus of wire but was lazy so just put them in. The coils are like 1.5mm....2mm or less. Came in at .61 but now showing .31 on my ipv4s. The vape is very similar to the Aromamizer. Similar airflow. I'm getting great flavor and abundant vapor. I probably prefer the Aroma for the simple fact you have many more options for builds. The doubled chamber keeps the tank juice OFF the main coil chamber so your juice does not get boiled out. Same as the Aroma just different mechanics. Great vape, great atty. It's a juice ..... no doubt, but that's a good thing☺ Here are pics of the build.
e1e6db2a5b2be5711b3df000415de83c.jpg
f448280659c5c7fe77aafc779d812880.jpg
e4ac646056028ad47eadc9de496662aa.jpg
f0a1bba1ef1b0db9d78def149d76f4ec.jpg

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
I just can't seem to figure out how to fit a true 3mm dual coil set up in my billow. No matter what I get a rub on the chimney or the post. 2.5 MM coils seem to be the largest I can fit and be comfortable I'm not going to short it out.
how will it short if the coils touch anything? just got my billow and am new to RTAs, so want to know all the info I can get!

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
Just got my Billow v2 and Nano kit, and OMG I love it! I had watched tons of videos on it so I knew a few tricks on wicking, and on my first try with the included coils (reading 0.28ohm) I got it perfect, using 70VG juice and vaping @ 40w its amazing. I can't believe I am getting such a great vape @ only 3.33v, on my 0.6ohm Herakles coils it needs 50w/5.5v before it even STARTS to produce good flavor and vapor lol

This tank is truly a treat, I am hooked. RTA's are the way to go! Can't wait to try my hand at building some of my own coils with the 26&27g kanthal I got, and maybe someday I will build something with the 30g Ni200 I got with my Cloupor Mini+ Temp Control feature, though I am going to stick with normal wattage/kanthal builds for now.

Reactions: CbrVapeRR

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
how will it short if the coils touch anything? just got my billow and am new to RTAs, so want to know all the info I can get!
If your coils touch the chamber cap it will short the mod. A dangerous situation of you are running a mech. No way a 3mm coil will fit....2.5mm is pushing it....

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
If your coils touch the chamber cap it will short the mod. A dangerous situation of you are running a mech. No way a 3mm coil will fit....2.5mm is pushing it....
The coils that come pre built in the Billow v2 box look like 2mm, but it definitely looks like nothing bigger than 2.5mm will be going in that deck. That is fine though for me, plenty of builds capable with 2-2.5mm ^_^

oh and thanks for the info :D I had heard stuff about making sure leads dont touch anything in the deck except the positive posts. I am not using a mech (nor will ever use one) but still good to know for any mods!

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
Finally got around to building my V2. Such a tiny deck and chamber for a beginner. Same deck as the old aqua minus the massive airholes. I used the 2 stock coils it came with. I only have 500' plus of wire but was lazy so just put them in. The coils are like 1.5mm....2mm or less. Came in at .61 but now showing .31 on my ipv4s. The vape is very similar to the Aromamizer. Similar airflow. I'm getting great flavor and abundant vapor. I probably prefer the Aroma for the simple fact you have many more options for builds. The doubled chamber keeps the tank juice OFF the main coil chamber so your juice does not get boiled out. Same as the Aroma just different mechanics. Great vape, great atty. It's a juice ..... no doubt, but that's a good thing☺ Here are pics of the build.
e1e6db2a5b2be5711b3df000415de83c.jpg
f448280659c5c7fe77aafc779d812880.jpg
e4ac646056028ad47eadc9de496662aa.jpg
f0a1bba1ef1b0db9d78def149d76f4ec.jpg
I want one of those mods so bad! Looks super comfy to hold, and I got big hands so I like the size of it!

Reactions: WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I want one of those mods so bad! Looks super comfy to hold, and I got big hands so I like the size of it!
Ipv4s.....its a good one. No problems so far. Been running it for 2 weeks endlessly. It does feel great in the hand and battery lasts a day chain vaping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rednaxela1987

CbrVapeRR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2014
Utah, USA
Used to be 26awg 3mm. Now change to 24awg 2.5mm perfect fit. Superb flavoring and clouding with every hit. Lol.. My wick was too thick in my first coiling attempt. Now getting a steady 0.22-0.24ohm resistance during every hit..

Make sure and give the tails a "trim" and have you tried rayon? Works wonders on my billowsV2

CbrVapeRR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2014
Utah, USA
Just got my Billow v2 and Nano kit, and OMG I love it! I had watched tons of videos on it so I knew a few tricks on wicking, and on my first try with the included coils (reading 0.28ohm) I got it perfect, using 70VG juice and vaping @ 40w its amazing. I can't believe I am getting such a great vape @ only 3.33v, on my 0.6ohm Herakles coils it needs 50w/5.5v before it even STARTS to produce good flavor and vapor lol

This tank is truly a treat, I am hooked. RTA's are the way to go! Can't wait to try my hand at building some of my own coils with the 26&27g kanthal I got, and maybe someday I will build something with the 30g Ni200 I got with my Cloupor Mini+ Temp Control feature, though I am going to stick with normal wattage/kanthal builds for now.
Red, glad you are liking the billows... I love mine! I run it on a smpl mod with rayon and it is like a Duracell... It goes and goes and goes lol is a joose hound tho....

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
Make sure and give the tails a "trim" and have you tried rayon? Works wonders on my billowsV2
the tapering/trimming at the wick ends definitely helped me I believe, was getting great wicking and reading 0.28ohm.

Then one time I was refilling I noticed the coils were a little too close to the deck cap, so gently pried them closer to posts (without removing cap) and I think I accidently pulled one of the wick tails out of its shelf, because I got a dry hit while chain vaping (didnt happen before chain vaping lol) and also weird its reading 0.25ohm now haha

It was late so I decided I'd wait until morning to pull the cap off and check those wick tails and adjust 'em :D

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
Ipv4s.....its a good one. No problems so far. Been running it for 2 weeks endlessly. It does feel great in the hand and battery lasts a day chain vaping.
Awesome! BTW I love your Avatar, my dad has an original Grateful Dead concert bill/poster from the Avalon Ballroom, 1966 I believe. Thing is awesome, we have it framed. It's not in the best condition, but I heard a mint condition first print of the same poster sold for $10,000 about 6 years ago :D I don't know if that is true or not but the first prints are very rare, I think they made 200 of them and only a handful of them are left in decent condition today. :D

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
So I noticed my Billow v2 AFC ring is really loose, and I don't think it was this loose when I first got it? Looks like the tiny bit of juice that has gotten into it has made it loose. Anyone else have this issue? Almost every time I go to hit my mod, I have accidently bumbed the AFC ring and turned it to closed. Kind of annoying but its still such a great tank its not that bad, but just curious if anyone else noticed this or has a fix! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread