The Campfire....Pull up a stump, share a story and get to VAPING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
Returning after a long absence....

Howdy y'all. A couple very odd tings have happened since I was last active on the many and varied KBV threads:

1. I fell off the wagon big time and returned to cigarette smoking. Why? I really don't know, except that I got tired of refilling cartomizers, dripping incorrectly, spilling juice and forgetting to charge batteries. I had three fairly expensive batteries (2 KR808's and one Ego) die on me in a two-day span. And, Mrs. Ciego continues to smoke stinkies, so ther are always cigarettes in the house. No excuses...that's just the way it has been. I'm trying to back off on the butts and return to vaping; to that end, I spent all day last Sunday filling cartomizers with various flavors of KBV juice. As a result, I'm now out of several of my faves.

2. Aside from being ashamed about returning to smoking for awhile, I also have been doing something really bad/good, depending on one's perspective. I've taken to dumping leftover dibs and dabs of e-liquid into a "suicide slop jar." Remember when you were a kid and went to Dariy Queen and had the counter person combine *every* flavor of Mister Misty? We called it a "suicide," being kids I guess we didn't really associate any negative connotation to the word, so suicide it was. Anyway, I've discovered that if one keeps a separate bottle for tobacco flavors, another for menthols and mints, another for bakery and another for fruit flavors, the results can be quite delicious, albeit sometimes strange. Here are some flavor combos that seem to work for me, all using KBV liquid:

Peaches & Cream + Strawberry Lice Cake + Marion Berry Ice Cream
555+Nutty Uncle KY+a few drops of leftover Ry 4

Bograt...er, Bogart combined with a few menthol crystals

Gooey Butter Cake with Tootsie Rolly

Tootsie Rolly with OMG

OMG with Butter Cream Icing (actually, this one is wa-a-ay too sweet....ugh).

That's about it. I need to get back to laundry, nursing my right foot (gout, dammit) and generally getting my shirt together. Hope everyone has a splendid week. I'm off to SC on Thursday for a long weekend; I won't be able to smoke, because the lady of the house where I'm visiting has a serious lung condition (I might not even be able to vape inside their home...we'll see).

Oh, and one more thing: Where the heck does one buy those really neat-o dual-coil KR808D-1 cartomizers? I lost the name of the vendor and URL. Help?

TTYL,

Paul/Ciego....almost an ECF Veteran....go figure.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chris, for Pete's sake, just let Mini be the sweet innocent gal she is. I'm very happy that the poor dear didn't pick up on the double entendre...

But, if we need to spell it out further (smell it out further?) I was referring to a pink snapper taco...or a salmon taco....

Eat Salmon...the *other* pink meat....

If I were a more cunning linguist, I'd figure out a different way to say it...

Off to eat Mexican food. No fish tacos; I'm in the mood for a big-... burrito. (insert jokes in following posts).

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
I just returned from a weekend trip to visit a longtime friend in Columbia, SC.

I've known this guy since he was a Spanish teacher of mine at the U. of Minnesota in 1985. We've maintained a close friendship through the years, but we haven't been able to see each other in person as much as we would have liked. Somebody had to make the decision and make the trip, so on the spur of the moment, I booked a flight.

I hadn't been with Francisco for 13 years; the last time I visited him, he was a professor at the University of Iowa.

The visit was so good. He's now married to a beautiful and brilliant lady who also teaches Spanish at the U. of S.C. Their home is very comfortable, and we had a grand time.

I vaped discreetly on the plane, although I only took a couple puffs. I vaped in public at a street festival on Saturday night, listening to a hot local R&B band "The Epics." I vaped in their home and in their car.

Why is this important? Well, the lady has a very rare lung disease called L.A.M. (don't ask me what the initials stand for). Cigarette smoke would be totally unacceptable, yet the vapor I exhaled in their home and car didn't bother her lungs at all. In fact, she complimented me numerous times on how nice the vapor made the car smell. At the time I was vaping Marion Berry Ice Cream from KBV. Both she and her husband asked me lots of questions about vaping; he even tried one of my KR808's for a day and really enjoyed himself. I don't know if I made another convert, but it was certainly wonderful being able to vape in their home and still be very considerate of the Mrs.'s health concerns.

I find it so strange that so many communities and businesses are moving quickly to ban e-cigarettes/vaping. I cannot understand it, except that I have sadly discovered that many people get very high on telling other people what to do. A few folks in Columbia asked me about the e-cigarettes and most were friendly and sincerely curious. However, a few actually demanded that I not vape, even though we were all outdoors at the time and as yet, SC has no laws banning vaping, nor does the city of Columbia. (I checked). Very strange.

I'm glad to be home and am catching up. That's all I have for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

***Paul/Ciego***

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
RK....

I really feel for you; headaches are tough. I've gone through periods of time where nothing seemed to help. If you're also congested, it might be sinus problems causing your headaches. Have you tried hot compresses to your face and back of your neck?

Mty dear friend now dead, Jeanne used to get horrible sinus headaches. She used something called a Nettie Pot to irrigate her sinuses with warm saline solution. Along with hot compresses and OTC pain relievers, she got a lot of relief.

Take care of yourself RKW. You're the only you we got.... :) :wink:

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanks Paul!! I believe it is sinus...nose stopped up one minute can't breathe, dripping & running the next. Agitating me to no end. Biatchy lately isn't even close to my mood. :blush:

I have tried everything I can think of short of snorting straight up Vicks. :blink:

Doc time for me for some strong guns antibiotics if it doesn't end, and soon. Thing is, I don't think I need Rx meds. No fever to speak of to suggest a tough sinus infection.

But the headaches at this point are making me want to hurt something or someone. That's not good. :laugh: :p :glare:

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Do NOT snort straight Vicks (been there, done that). :lol: OTOH, here's a trick I learned from my grandmother:

Fill a Pyrex bowl with boiling water, then stir in a tablespoon (yes, a TBSP) of Vicks. Put a towel over your head while bending over the boiling water bowl, making a tent that covers your head and the bowl...then just breathe for several minutes. The Vicks will be carried by the steam from the bowl.

This does two things. It warms the sinuses (thus opening them some) and delivers the Vicks vapor much more rapidly to the sinuses.

Another thing: Take a *really* hot shower with a towel wedged under the bathroom door so no steam can escape. Poor man's (woman's) steam bath.

Finally, since you live in Texas, you *do* have access to fire ants. Do not do an Ozzy Osbourne and snort fire ants, tempting though that might be. Giggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread