Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I want to add for those on the fence, this rda did not launch till end of the year like November.
That being said it made the top rda list on most of the polls and reviewers lists.
To me that speaks loads to the "hype" being real since we the vapers voted for it.

Great work Brian the brain behind the design!;)

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Prefer my Drops or the 24 Deard Rabbit, but that simply may be because I haven't been able to find a build I really like on the DR.

Decided to order a DR SQ to put in a new sqonk. Looking forward to giving it a spin.

Built parallel Ni80 single today that's performing very well in the Drop, may try same build in my DR to see if I can get over my build issues with it.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I have it on a 6ixty7even NEO. I was going to put it on one of my 432 CC's or 978 orcas but that would've meant reassigning over 1200 rdas that I run on the main assault line of my gear.....:D kidding, juuuuust kidding.
View attachment 709583

Good suggestion with the Neo, I popped it on my Mojo and like it with the doc tip;

71idcl.jpg

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
Just ordered this. I just got into RDA's about a month ago. My first one was the Dead Rabbit. I like it but heard the Drop is basically the best out there right now. I'm still getting used to building. I been using a single coil and probably will continue for a while. But one thing is for sure, I don't see myself going back to tanks.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
rewicked today and fitted two new coils...SS aliens @ 0.35ohms each.
had trouble with my 521 not firing to get them bedded in. stuck it on a mod and got an atomizer short...the coils were fine. it was the positive pin. i then remembered that this had happened beforewith the drop. tightening the pin sorted it but it's odd that this has never been a problem with any other drippers or tanks. just some info in case anyone else has this issue (though might have been discussed elsewhere in this thread). still loving this wee thing.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
rewicked today and fitted two new coils...SS aliens @ 0.35ohms each.
had trouble with my 521 not firing to get them bedded in. stuck it on a mod and got an atomizer short...the coils were fine. it was the positive pin. i then remembered that this had happened beforewith the drop. tightening the pin sorted it but it's odd that this has never been a problem with any other drippers or tanks. just some info in case anyone else has this issue (though might have been discussed elsewhere in this thread). still loving this wee thing.

If tightening the 510 pin causes a short you have a problem. You need to take it apart and find out what it is.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
If tightening the 510 pin causes a short you have a problem. You need to take it apart and find out what it is.
I think it was loose is What they meant.
I could see that if rebuilding alot, tightening the screws could work the post a bit loose.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
I think it was loose is What they meant.
I could see that if rebuilding alot, tightening the screws could work the post a bit loose.
yeah...it was loose...i should maybe have been more succinct. it'll probably be squonkerfied with next build.

Reactions: Letitia

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Can't say I've had any spitback, and I use 3mm could, though often just 1 now.

I keep the coil about halfway between the tops of the posts. If you looked at it from the side you'd just see the very top of the post in the center of the coil. Cotton is snug with lightly combed tails.

I'm sure others have a better answer but that works for me.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Anyone find that with big 3mm coils you can’t angle them down towards the deck enough? I get mad spit back.

Tried more cotton within the coils and I’m currently using 2.5mm coils which has solved it but the flavour is not as good.

Any pro tips?
I have 4mm id coils wicked with rayon in my Drop. No problems at all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread