The Drop Rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Twisted420 said this may be the rda of the year.
lots of other tvc fan boys have said the same. It is in the top 3 of my want to buy list along with the pulse 22 (or 24, or both) and dead rabbit now that I have a Bonza (love it) on my new pulse BF mod. I had one in the cart for cyber Monday ( along with lots of other gear) but didn't pull the trigger. In hindsight, bad idea as I could have had 2 squonk setups if I bought online during the sales vs buying one kit locally.......

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
lots of other tvc fan boys have said the same. It is in the top 3 of my want to buy list along with the pulse 22 (or 24, or both) and dead rabbit now that I have a Bonza (love it) on my new pulse BF mod. I had one in the cart for cyber Monday ( along with lots of other gear) but didn't pull the trigger. In hindsight, bad idea as I could have had 2 squonk setups if I bought online during the sales vs buying one kit locally.......

In my opinion the Dead Rabbit is extremely over rated and The Drop is not. The Drop is excellent. I have no experience with either Pulse.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

There has been lots of buying and trying over the years around here due to hype reviews of gear that when in hand were just that... hype. So the Drop is the latest try and one has been in my mail place box waiting to be picked up since this morning. Will do so soon as the wee hours are rapidly approaching with midnight about here. Coils are ready for instant build and trial run when I get home. If I like it I'll probably get at least one more so I can dedicate for both dripping and squonking (also have a new 100W squonk mod on the way that will be tried out with the Drop). If I like the Drop a lot I may get several more (I have 4-8 each of most of my favorite atty's).

I have both a Pulse 22 and 24. They are OK, no major complaints worth mentioning, but they sit in an atty stand anyway because I have many others I like better for my main in service mods. IOW, takes something really special to bump my favorite atty's down to backups. I have 95+ mods and 150+ atty's in hand, but these days I only run 6-10 DIY's on a given day and night in my rotations. Right now 4 of the current DIY's are true ADV's, so I have each of those set up in several mod/atty combos that I rotate from day to day.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I went and picked up the DROP at about 1AM this morning, put a D24SS316LE 0.16 Ω build in it, wicked with CBV2 and loaded it with one of my favorite DIY's. Have been vaping it ever since with AFC wide open @75W. I'm doing the trial run on the Skull SWM 75W for now until a new 100W Squonker I have coming gets here. Might also try it on one of my Sig 213's w/preheat to compensate for the small coil lag this build has, and might even try it on a Reo P67.

First impressions of the DROP are good, the hype seems to be falling into line as advertised. Extremely easy to build and holds a .... load of joose for my long DLH's with zero leaking. Flavor is good, but not as stellar as on my Kryten's or Goons... yet. I build for the joose AND the fluid dynamics of the atty, so with a little tweaking in time I expect that will improve same as it did on them.

Will decide in a couple of days whether to add more of them to my gear stash (but probably will add at least one or two more to have an all black version).

DROP-SWM.jpg

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
first thoughts? o-rings stupid tight on the base. so tight. worried it would break my mod or tab521. nearly did judging by the noise. first RDA/RDTA/RTA i've ever put aside instantly. we may grapple more tomorrow.
Is it the black?
Most folks are taking the bottom oring off of the base and say it's good. Mine is tight but since I squonk I only remove mine when I rewick etc..
On a side note I ordered a ss version and when I did solid colors instead of 2 tone they seem to fit better. I kinda like the 2 tone so i may play more at some point.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
first thoughts? o-rings stupid tight on the base. so tight. worried it would break my mod or tab521. nearly did judging by the noise. first RDA/RDTA/RTA i've ever put aside instantly. we may grapple more tomorrow.
I've had a few RDAs/RTAs where the fit wasn't right and keep a selection of O-rings just in case. I have the SS version and the fit is just right on mine, not to tight or to loose at any of the joints. Luckily, I didn't have to switch out O-rings on the Drop.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Great atty, only complaint is top cap o rings. Haven’t tried it as a squonker yet. My Drone pisses me off. The other issue I have experienced is it pulling the wire down into the post when I tighten the screw. Only happens on one side and I use 26 gauge kanthal. Simple round wire builds for me. Just have to be gentle and only snug it tight.

The stainless version looks awesome on my black leather Therion.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Great atty, only complaint is top cap o rings. Haven’t tried it as a squonker yet. My Drone pisses me off. The other issue I have experienced is it pulling the wire down into the post when I tighten the screw. Only happens on one side and I use 26 gauge kanthal. Simple round wire builds for me. Just have to be gentle and only snug it tight.

The stainless version looks awesome on my black leather Therion.

I loved my Drone until it died.

Reactions: stols001

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Is it the black?
Most folks are taking the bottom oring off of the base and say it's good. Mine is tight but since I squonk I only remove mine when I rewick etc..
On a side note I ordered a ss version and when I did solid colors instead of 2 tone they seem to fit better. I kinda like the 2 tone so i may play more at some point.

On almost all atty's with two cap o-rings I remove one of them (the Black Goon LP is one of the exceptions... even with two o-rings the cap on it almost falls off and sweats). I removed the bottom o-ring on the Black DROP when getting the cap off the first time to do so was a RPITA. With PJ lube on the remaining top o-ring the Drop's cap is a piece of cake to remove/install.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Is it the black?
the black one. thanks for the tip. removed bottom o-ring and it's still tight but manageable.
I've had a few RDAs/RTAs where the fit wasn't right and keep a selection of O-rings just in case. I have the SS version and the fit is just right on mine, not to tight or to loose at any of the joints. Luckily, I didn't have to switch out O-rings on the Drop.
got it going...like the way it lines up.
dual SS coming in at 0.13 on the JAC series-b DNA 75W

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
BTW, just in case anyone is interested, Brad has pre-orders open for the Drop in blue, black, gunmetal, and gold.

Think he said after Xmas. Not sure on date.
Fyi Brian said they ship from China the first week in January.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
recoiled (SS316L aliens @ 0.45ohms each) and rewicked (rayon, naturally) this morning.
hitting them with 65W from the charon TC 218 and vaporising my DIY blueberry jam liquid.
flavour?
aye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread