Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Maybe they greased some hands to get it through... GREASE AWAY! Just gimme my gear. I'm going to get my last bit of goodies and then relax for a bit. All I need now is a solar charger and a oHm checker to survive through anything major... I can stop hoarding now.

I just use my iTaste VV 3.0 (from FT) for an ohm checker. I have a combo 6600mAh battery/charger/e-cig (Yes 6600mAh, and I will post a new thread with pictures when I get it) that I ordered and shipped today from the USA, should have by Friday. Then I have to find some cheap solar panels to charge everything. Living in Hurricane Florida, never hurts to be prepared.

Vape On
:vapor:

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
jax, fl

u can always get one and go here Custom MVP Skin – Vapor Skinz and in the comment or whatever tell them u want it in green i got a mvp 2.0 and ordered the doctor who tardis skin for mine they are super durable and leave no residue if you have to take them off for any reason had a sonic screwdriver skin for my zmax months ago.

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland
Customers need to realize that the battery shipping issues isn't FT's fault. It's happening to all customers from many different websites. There is one solution...don't order batteries from overseas. But from USA sellers only. Sure, you have to pay a bit more but the money you save on FT from the other items will offset the increased cost of batteries.

Everyone needs to practice patience and perserverance. Getting mad doesn't solve anything. FT does has excellent customer service but they are being inundated with requests. But I also understand that some of us, on limited budgets, can't afford to float their money for a month or two without anything to show for it.

As Master Kwai Chang Caine would say, "Patience, young grasshopper, patience."

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
Ordered 21 days ago
shipped 12 days ago
Still no tracking. One has ego batteries, the other an SVD which might look like a battery, hope not.
Do you think the 10ml charger is big enough?:laugh:
17track.jpg

funkyZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Customers need to realize that the battery shipping issues isn't FT's fault. It's happening to all customers from many different websites. There is one solution...don't order batteries from overseas. But from USA sellers only. Sure, you have to pay a bit more but the money you save on FT from the other items will offset the increased cost of batteries.

Everyone needs to practice patience and perserverance. Getting mad doesn't solve anything. FT does has excellent customer service but they are being inundated with requests. But I also understand that some of us, on limited budgets, can't afford to float their money for a month or two without anything to show for it.

As Master Kwai Chang Caine would say, "Patience, young grasshopper, patience."

I agree with your general philosophies on the subject. I was quick to point out to some people several weeks back that disputing payments and charging back payments because items were being held with HK post amounted to stealing, more or less.
However, it appears that FastTech (or at least one of their agents) was convincing people to drop their payment disputes in exchange for promised refunds. Then, they were reneging on the refunds and refusing after the customer complied and cancelled the paypal dispute. Once it's closed, you can't re-open the dispute with paypal... yet other reason to hate paypal and avoid it whenever possible.

I can see both sides of the mess, but there is enough blame to go around.
Why should FastTech, who paid for that gear and shipped it as promised, get stuck with the total loss? They held up their end of the bargain, right? Generally speaking, this would be my honest opinion on the subject and has been for a long time.
But then again, not everyone is like us and reads stupid vaping forums all the time. I would venture a guess that most of their customers have no clue that there are shipping restrictions. Knowing that, FastTech is shipping prohibited items that they know stand the risk of getting nabbed and sent back... or held hostage for months (as is the case in quite a few instances) by HK Post. You and I know better and we know the risks, but your average Fasttech customer probably does not.
Seriously, you cannot expect all of your customers to go read your forums before ordering. AND, promising something like a refund and going back on your word is extremely bad for business. In order to protect just THEMSELVES, FastTech MUST change it's shipping policies and methods, and it needs to be embedded in the description of every affected item, AND it needs to be tagged in such a manner that does not allow you to place an order and use the wrong shipping options. Heck, as far as I know, they don't even HAVE a shipping method for items prohibited on air service.

Don't get me wrong, I think FastTech is a good company overall and I think that if you look at the overall picture, they are a customer oriented business that tries to do the right thing... that is, until it affects sales in a negative manner. They are more than willing to break the rules in order to sell product and keep things moving.
I do believe that eventually, this whole shipping thing will be scaled back... I mean, this HAS to be hurting commerce. The Chinese aren't even following the IATA guidelines that ALLOW shipping batteries, it just has to be done properly and within their guidelines. It's unlike them to go over the top like this, they normally play the game in just the opposite manner and ignore anything that gets in the way of profiting.
Once my credit card is paid off again, I will in all likelihood order more stuff from FastTech and I'm hoping by then, this will all have blown over. If not, then I guess I'll have to go back to paying too much from US vendors.
And I think we all have to admit that if nothing else, FastTech just may be responsible in a large way for the downward trend we see in pricing, even from the US vendors... at least I like to think they have been a huge influence on the retail market.

funkyZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
does returned to sender mean game over...like its not coming....or its just gonna be a while?

You might want to open a ticket and ask. It's seems all too confusing at the moment and things appear to be changing daily so only FastTech could tell you what the hell they are doing at this moment. From what I read lately, if it gets returned to FastTech, they will email you and ask if you want a refund or if you want them to re-ship it again. It appears your odds are good that it won't get returned twice, but it's still a possibility of course if it has prohibited items/batteries in it.
Then, there are those limbo packages from September that I can't really figure out what the hell is going on. Seems like HK Post is holding them hostage or something, who knows... your best bet is a ticket though and not listening to me.

Duke23

Aug 3, 2013
SC, USA
Sho nuff...shows it with a USB passthru end cap on it...
$17.91 EGO-V 650mAh USB Rechargeable Battery for E-Cigarette - adjustable voltages at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Just noticed something
$8.41 EGO-V 650mAh USB Rechargeable Battery for E-Cigarette - colored light indicators / adjustable voltages at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Dang man that sux!

Wonder if that end cap is supposed to have a cutout for the USB port
Notice on this image...the port seems "sunken" in as in solid cap but should have been cut out
1346300-1.jpg

That's a USB mini not micro correct?

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you, I've been a bit busy. To clarify, yes it does have the micro usb charging port on the end however the battery will not fire while charging and there's a note in the tiny manual tha comes with it to confirm that it was built that way. My final solution? Selling it to a friend who doesn't care about the pass-through as he already has a Twist. I broke down and bought an Innokin iTaste VV/VW today. More money than I wanted to drop right now but it's exactly what I needed.

Moparmanpete

Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Ohio
does returned to sender mean game over...like its not coming....or its just gonna be a while?
Mine sat RTS for 5 days then strangely changed to "departed hk" after I started a ticket with FT.

Of course it changed after I had just received a MVPv2 from another vender and no longer wanted the k101 kit. Go figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread