rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Seemed high to me even on sale (what little shopping around I have done). Bulk Apothecary looked a lot cheaper at first glance.

From time to time you can get much better sales with ED, keep your eyes open. Watch it for several months to learn the range. There is no hurry to get PG now, it will always be around. It is used in a lot of cosmetics, soaps, shampoos, etc.

I seem to remember getting a "Glycube" of 2gals each of PG and VG, all 4gal for less than $100 total.

Maybe you are thinking of the palm derived ones here:

glyCUBE - 4 gallons PALM DERIVED Vegetable Glycerin - USP - Pharmaceutical Grade - SALE ITEM
    glyCUBE - 3 Gallons PALM DERIVED Vegetable Glycerin & 1 Gallon Propylene Glycol - USP (pharmaceutical grade)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Here is Essential Depot VG-PG (1 gal ea.) Says it's a sale price at $71.99. Is this one of those things where it's always on sale?

1 Gallon Veg Glycerin + 1 Gallon Propylene Glycol - FREE US SHIPPING
    Two gallons shipped for $72 is not a particularly good deal.

I seem to remember getting a "Glycube" of 2gals each of PG and VG, all 4gal for less than $100 total delivered.
    I've gotten them for between $60 and $70, but that was several years ago.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Iirc BA I had to pay shipping, but I think there was a sign up, get$10 off first order going on at the time. Made it a bit cheaper than Amazon, even with their free shipping.

Honestly, I don’t worry about a few bucks more from one seller or another. It changes the cost of my juice so very little

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Ecig-City still has old royal hunter RDAs on clearance for 75c each. I got a bagful, enough to not worry about spare parts. Did the same with Lemos for $5, and KFL clones for $10. Too late to get those now but I'm sure there's other older gear out there on clearance. That's one approach to stocking up.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Yep, they used additives to modify cigarettes. Why wouldn't they do that with ejuice in a JUUL or Vuse? It's all about selling more product and recouping their losses since vaping became a thing.
    It's probably a subject for another thread, but... I expect BT will eventually make vapes with additives, and that may not be a bad thing.

Let's face it, vaping straight nicotine isn't enough to break the smoking habit for many people. Some people need the other, minor alkaloids, the MAOIs that are missing from most of our vapes.

BT certainly has the science to do this, and the resources to get it past the FDA. I think the reason they haven't done it yet is that it would be too easy to copy, and they don't want too many people switching from traditional tobacco products too fast.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I wish there was a simple way to calculate how much pg/vg one goes through in a month, including ones tossed and without keeping careful records.

Guess it doesn't really matter, I was just thinking about if there is a big price increase with all the crazy stuff coming up. Maybe I will start tracking.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Newport News, Virginia, United States
    I wish there was a simple way to calculate how much pg/vg one goes through in a month, including ones tossed and without keeping careful records.

Guess it doesn't really matter, I was just thinking about if there is a big price increase with all the crazy stuff coming up. Maybe I will start tracking.
    PG/VG prices wont be affected by vape politics. They used in way too many different things, even your food.

How many ml do you vape a day? What % P/VG do you vape at?
    It would be easy to extrapolate that to a ballpark consumption.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA

How much juice do you go through a month? A person has gotta have some sense of this, even if they're buying vendor juice, no?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    From time to time you can get much better sales with ED, keep your eyes open. Watch it for several months to learn the range. There is no hurry to get PG now, it will always be around. It is used in a lot of cosmetics, soaps, shampoos, etc.

I seem to remember getting a "Glycube" of 2gals each of PG and VG, all 4gal for less than $100 total delivered.
    I am new to DIY and have a lot of experimenting to do so I will be needing PG/VG soon.

Tell you what, though. After scanning the Bull City website I'm ready to raid the pantry for something to eat.

Reactions: Rossum

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Here is Essential Depot VG-PG (1 gal ea.) Says it's a sale price at $71.99. Is this one of those things where it's always on sale?

WOW! That's ridiculously expensive, IMO!

I've used Bulk Apothecary since I started DIY in late 2014. Their total price (item cost + S/H) has always beaten Essential Depot's for me...even though ED is located only about 60 miles from me and BA is in Ohio.

The last 1 gallon each of PG & VG that I ordered from Bulk Apothecary cost me a total of $37.85 to my door. I ordered when they'd sent a coupon code in an email, that was good for $10 off any order $29 or more. If you'll sign up for their email newsletters, they send out those kinds of coupon codes and others, at least 5-6 times a year. Sometimes, it's a 10% or higher discount off your total order. They also ship fast and have the jugs well packaged for protection.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I am new to DIY and have a lot of experimenting to do so I will be needing PG/VG soon.

Tell you what, though. After scanning the Bull City website I'm ready to raid the pantry for something to eat.

Do your tests with small batches, say 10 ml. Doesn't take much of any of the supplies, and will be enough to know if you're on the right track for your taste buds or not.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    PG/VG prices wont be affected by vape politics. They used in way too many different things, even your food.

How many ml do you vape a day? What % P/VG do you vape at?
    It would be easy to extrapolate that to a ballpark consumption.

5 to 10 ml daily and 80vg/20pg

How much juice do you go through a month? A person has gotta have some sense of this, even if they're buying vendor juice, no?

Never really thought about it but I am guessing around 35ml per week at most.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I love Bull City Flavors. :wub: For me, its the perfect ONE STOP SHOP experience for all of your DIY needs.
    Sure looked like it to me. Funny, the company is located in Morrisville. Bull City is the nickname for Durham. Close enuf I guess. :)
    Do your tests with small batches, say 10 ml. Doesn't take much of any of the supplies, and will be enough to know if you're on the right track for your taste buds or not.
    Agree! The part that sucks is having to let the samples age a couple weeks. I'll have to mix a lot of combinations at one time.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Sure looked like it to me. Funny, the company is located in Morrisville. Bull City is the nickname for Durham. Close enuf I guess. :)
    Agree! The part that sucks is having to let the samples age a couple weeks. I'll have to mix a lot of combinations at one time.
    Whatever mysterious chemical interactions occur during steeping can be accelerated by raising the temperature. Submerge your sample bottle in a thermos full of warm water, or in an insulated bag beside a bottle of hot water.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I decided that this thread may be a good place to post about the following, especially for those looking for gear for their stash. In fact, very early this morning I ordered the following for myself and a couple friends, for $194.75 including S/H:

(10) Zenith D22 MTL tanks (reg. $18.99 there)
    (2) Aegis Mini 80W mods (reg. $37.99 there)
    (4) 3-packs of the replacement pods for Justfog Minifits (reg. $6.20 there)

They're a US vendor that's having a Dog Days of Summer Sale for the whole month of August. They have the following discount tiers and Free-to-dirt-cheap S/H. In fact, the S/H for all of the above was just $5.73! The discounts below apply to everything sitewide, too, except for "bundles" (ie. mod + tank + juice, or juice bundles, etc.).

Order $40 = 15% discount
    Order $60 = 25% discount
    Order $80+ = 35% discount

I definitely "hit" the level for the 35% off discount, so the Zenith D22 tanks came out to $12.34 each. The Aegis Mini 80W mods came out to $24.69 each. The 3-packs of pods were $4.03 per pack. They have all of the other versions of the Aegis mods and the kits, including the Solo that many people like, too! Also, all their items are the authentic products.

If you set up an account before placing an order, you'll also accrue Rewards Points at the rate of 10/$1 spent, not counting S/H and any taxes (taxes for CA residents only, IIRC).

They have several US warehouses and get their stock from several vendors. So you may notice designations like ADV, or DV, or others shown for items. Those don't really matter, except there may be a few cents or more difference in price of the items from one supplier/warehouse versus another. As long as you're in the continental US and the items are shipping from the US (California locations or Miami)...the S/H is either free (lighter weight packages) or extremely cheap (like the $5.73 it cost me).

Happy shopping!

eJuice - Vape Products and Premium eLiquids - Cheap Prices on eJuice

ETA: @gerrymi - You may want to check this sale out! At the 35% off level, your beloved Justfog MF starter kits are $9.09 each and the 3-packs of replacement pods are just $4.03!

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    5 to 10 ml daily and 80vg/20pg

Never really thought about it but I am guessing around 35ml per month at most.

errr, ummm ... excuse me, but ... if'n you're vaping 5 to 10 ml per day, that's in the range of 150 to 300 ml per month, not 35ml.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread