Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Couldn't nicotine just be sold as garden insecticide? I recall I was buying cigaret tobacco in 1lb bags because it was exempt from the extra tax, but then when the state legislature decided it would have the tax as well tobacco shops switched to selling bags of tobacco cut in slightly wider strips labeled as pipr tobacco which was still exempt.

Maybe they could start making non-vaping attachments for mods as well such as a moustache curling iron - I know I've been wanting one of those.
Nicotine has been used as an insecticide since at least the 1690s, in the form of tobacco extracts[36] (although other components of tobacco also seem to have pesticide effects).[37] Nicotine pesticides have not been commercially available in the US since 2014,[38] and homemade pesticides are banned on organic crops[39] and counterrecommended for small gardeners.[40] Nicotine pesticides have been banned in the EU since 2009.[41]

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Babies don’t come with threads so you don’t need to worry about having a tap and die for it.

True - "Babies don't come with threads" - however Ya' never know when "You" will still NEED a "Tab & Die" for when they "NEED" or want retooling anyway (Think about it :rolleyes: ) . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Last edited:

FAAPOD

Jul 9, 2019
Atascocita, TX
Well, damn. I just started vaping a couple months ago and am trying to give up cigarettes. I’m really enjoying the vape, and had no idea about all of this. I thought at some point I might try DIY, but I’m still in the mode of trying to figure out what I really like and not anywhere near ready to try DIY. Now I’ve stumbled into this thread and I’m feeling both fawked and overwhelmed. And I want a fawkin cigarette.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Yes . . . Slightly :offtopic: . . . Just had to add this to the tread . . .

By the way, I grew up in the 60's... bomb shelters, "drop and cover", the cuban missile crisis, JFK.
    Anyway, people mentioned burying stuff in the ground... don't forget to stock up on shotgun shells. I wan't making fun of this thread. Yes, might want to stock up, but I'm not the only one who went off topic.

Anyone remember this and the after math . . .

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Well, damn. I just started vaping a couple months ago and am trying to give up cigarettes. I’m really enjoying the vape, and had no idea about all of this. I thought at some point I might try DIY, but I’m still in the mode of trying to figure out what I really like and not anywhere near ready to try DIY. Now I’ve stumbled into this thread and I’m feeling both fawked and overwhelmed. And I want a fawkin cigarette.

Congrats on switching to vaping and don't panic. We still have a bit of time.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I'll repeat what I wrote on page 1 of this thread: Wait until the weather cools off, buy some nic base, and put it in your freezer. You'll sleep better at night. You don't need to learn to DIY right now.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    You have time. As Rossum said, wait till Fall and stock up on the nic solution. From there, you can experiment with DIY. What you can focus on now (without panicking) is your gear. But again, there is plenty of time, don't panic.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I will add shipping is free to most states for ejuices.com, check their shipping policy for details.

That's only IF it can go by First Class Mail Parcel, you live in the continental US, and your order is shipping from 1 of their US warehouses. That's why those ** are shown after "Free First Class Shipping on Qualifying US Orders**". According to 2 of their Customer Service reps...if it's a larger order, and/or depending on what warehouse(s) the items ship from...there'd possibly be a small S/H fee. Which is why mine cost $5.73 to ship to me (the size of my order did it).

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Nice! But a true vaper would get a scale that runs on 18650's. :)

Thank you! It's exactly what I was thinking...a scale capacity of 500 grams in hundredths. Perfecto!
    I use this scale but skip the batteries and just plug in, it doesn't time out if plugged in. I did order the 6' adapter cord which has proven useful and worth the added few bucks.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Sorry, please excuse that I failed to read all 10 pages up to this point. :blush:

"You're not the only one - however I may regret it in the long run, but I went back and started reading them for now . . . :facepalm:

Half way there - Up to page 10 (20 post per pg)- finally got through the battery discussion (I think) . . . :headbang:

EDIT: Nope Not Yet . . . :shock:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    That's IF it can go by First Class Mail Parcel. That's why those ** are shown after "Free First Class Shipping on Qualifying US Orders**". If it's a larger order, and/or depending on what warehouse(s) the items ship from...2 of their Customer Service people told me there'd possibly be a small S/H fee. Which is why mine cost $5.73 to ship to me.

Yes, that is why I said check the details. Mine came from both CA warehouses and shipping was free, gotta love it.

Some states don't qualify due to needing delivery signatures based on state requirements.

Can't beat less than 10 bucks for the Zlide. I paid twice that at another site.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Wouldn't hurt to order a liter of nic this fall (black friday sales) and store for future use. I personally wouldn't bother with getting any flavors until you've dialed in what you enjoy vaping.

FAAPOD

Jul 9, 2019
    Atascocita, TX
    You have time. As Rossum said, wait till Fall and stock up on the nic solution. From there, you can experiment with DIY. What you can focus on now (without panicking) is your gear. But again, there is plenty of time, don't panic.

Yes, I will wait. No sense stocking up if it’s just going to get ruined in the heat. I’m kind of in the same boat with my gear, trying to figure out what I like. I have a couple Nords and five pods, a couple Kroma-A kits with two Zenith tanks and an iSub tank, and an Aegis Legend kit on the way. I don’t have a feel for lifespan of this stuff, so determining how much is ‘enough’ is difficult.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread