Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Has anyone ever made the base for a flavor and then increased base percentage for higher flavor kick? Like dragons blood is 30% base and then blending it with nic and vg at say 35% base to increase flavor

I prefer to lower the heat to match the juice flavor, rather than increase the flavor to match excessive heat. Yes, high heat will yield less flavor generally speaking. However, the trend in devices to use 50 - 200 watts is just going to create problems for vapers as they leave very little room for error, and explosive accidents are going to happen, with predictable escalation. Just everyone please remember to vape safely. There's a lot more energy in these devices than many can imagine, and there's no reason to turn them into pipe bombs. Lower the heat, enjoy the flavor! Vape safe! Good luck! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

dmdonald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
michigan
I haven't paid that much attention to it after I've mixed it but I just checked my Banana Pudding and it's a little cloudy. The TFA website has this:

Ripe Banana Flavor

Partially water soluble - this flavor is not as water soluble as our other flavors.

Hope it helps.
Thank you this helps. I think I will stay with smaller batches till I can get something to mix it better.

dmdonald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
michigan
Same eliquid you were making before? Does you flavoring come in original manufacturer bottles.. or is it re-poured into different bottles by your vendor? I'm trying to think of why this might be happening. Do you think it's temperature related?
Same recipe just in a bigger batch. I think that's what the problem is cause I can't mix it good enough by hand. And the vendor put them into their own bottle.

dereko135

Aug 6, 2012
East Lansing, MI
Ok, so with the help from Bill and his blog I have finalized my journey for mixing cinnamon danish and orange cream... The orange cream is very light but it adds a nice very light orange flavor on the exhale (which i was looking for) The recipe is as follows:

O.C.D.

Cinnamon Danish - 8%
E.M. - 5%
Bavarian Cream - 3%
Orange Cream - 3%
Sweetener - 1%

Enjoy!

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Ok, so with the help from Bill and his blog I have finalized my journey for mixing cinnamon danish and orange cream... The orange cream is very light but it adds a nice very light orange flavor on the exhale (which i was looking for) The recipe is as follows:

O.C.D.

Cinnamon Danish - 8%
E.M. - 5%
Bavarian Cream - 3%
Orange Cream - 3%
Sweetener - 1%

Enjoy!

O.C.D. love the name :toast: Will be adding Orange Cream to my now weekly order and will try as soon as I get it. Thanks:)

On second thought I might try it my making my own Orange Cream something like Orange 2-3% and Sweet Cream 1-2%.:D

Last edited:

dereko135

Aug 6, 2012
East Lansing, MI
O.C.D. love the name :toast: Will be adding Orange Cream to my now weekly order and will try as soon as I get it. Thanks:)

haha, yeah the name can be looked at multiple ways...O.C.D (Orange Cinnamon Danish) or the true meaning of OCD which i have when it comes to making liquid... alot of trial and error until i get it to my liking! haha :toast:

K-Omo

ECF Veteran
My TFA order seems stuck in transit, it has not moved in a week. What is going on with USPS? Ive been using them for a while and never had more then a 1 day delay. How does Priority Mail 2-Day turn in to over 1 week shipping?

I had an order that shipped February 23 was stuck in Nashville...finally got it yesterday. I noticed the package had perfume written on it and a sticker "surface transportation only".

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Those who have tried it ... How long do you guys/gals steep Bills Cinnamon Danish Recipe?

About 5 minutes... :)

nah, seriously... I have been vaping it since I mixed a 50ml bottle of it up Saturday but will probably be switching to another liquid soon - keeping some rotation in flavors going - so I'll still have some left in a week or so to come back around to.

Great recipe, this one. :)

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
I've been trying brown sugar and honey. Some results, but my newbish hasn't worked it out yet.

I was working on making Bill's Pecan Pie recipe with an attempt to do it without the Sweetener. My wife makes a really good pecan pie from scratch so I sorta thought of that and was trying to think of the different flavorings I have that are sweet that would hopefully not wreck the rest of the taste of the recipe. I tried adding a little Vanilla Swirl and some Sweet Cream (for its slight butter flavor). Not bad but not really what I had in mind. I have a little Caramel (Original) I've not tasted yet, I will probably try that.

It may be kind of a waste of time for me to be trying to make stuff without sweetener. I don't mean any offense to anyone by trying to do this -- I am just hoping I can figure out some alternative to using sucralose. There may not be any.

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
It may be kind of a waste of time for me to be trying to make stuff without sweetener. I don't mean any offense to anyone by trying to do this -- I am just hoping I can figure out some alternative to using sucralose. There may not be any.

Trying something is never a waste of time as more is gained by trying than not trying. :2c:

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
I was working on making Bill's Pecan Pie recipe with an attempt to do it without the Sweetener. My wife makes a really good pecan pie from scratch so I sorta thought of that and was trying to think of the different flavorings I have that are sweet that would hopefully not wreck the rest of the taste of the recipe. I tried adding a little Vanilla Swirl and some Sweet Cream (for its slight butter flavor). Not bad but not really what I had in mind. I have a little Caramel (Original) I've not tasted yet, I will probably try that.

Try the Caramel Candy flavor, it's sweeter. Or even a mixture of the different caramels.
Combined with using brown sugar, and possibly the honey as well, should get you at least most of the way there.

What %VG do you run? I find VG to add it's own sweetness to the mix at 60% and higher.

FWIW I find Dragonfruit (used at 4-5%)to be an excellent flavor to sweeten up a mix, it's probably not what you are looking for in this recipe though.

Last edited:

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
.. and possibly the honey..

So I've been trying more than several mixes with honey, I'm now scared off - ha.
I've read about people that have 'nightmare flavors'.
Thinking this is the one going on my list.
Took another big sniff of it yesterday trying to figure it out - guess I like torture.
Got a little on my nostril. Wiped it with the back of my hand.
5 hand/face/nose washes later, that massive funky smell remained.
Woke up this morning, still there... stainless steel sink still smelled of it from rinsing my mixing tools.
*Gaaaaaaaah*
:evil:

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
I am just hoping I can figure out some alternative to using sucralose. There may not be any.

Vaped a little of my old ADV store juice.
Wonder upon wondering how it's so smoothly, yummy sweet.
At my early stage, 0.5% Sweetner, 0.5% Cotton Candy, 0.5% Brown Sugar is my route... but it's not there.
The sweet cream I don't have - (and you all warned me ha) (Cap 'd' free on the list) has to be a missing factor.

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
So I've been trying more than several mixes with honey, I'm now scared off - ha.
Took another big sniff of it yesterday trying to figure it out - guess I like torture.
Woke up this morning, still there... stainless steel sink still smelled of it from rinsing my mixing tools.
*Gaaaaaaaah*

Your post made me laugh :). I've been there lol.
It tastes different than it smells IMO.

I seem to remember diluting that flavor by half when I was experimenting with it, could be wrong tho. I lost some of my earlier notes due to a computer crash, I won't be letting that happen again.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
*Gaaaaaaaah*

I have a similar reaction to Capella Cake Batter. I have to keep it in its own little ziplock in the cabinet, or I can't open the cabinet! I think it's probably time to toss it, because no way can I vape anything that smells like that... rotten butter! UGH!

Andria

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Try the Caramel Candy flavor, it's sweeter. Or even a mixture of the different caramels.
Combined with using brown sugar, and possibly the honey as well, should get you at least most of the way there.

What %VG do you run? I find VG to add it's own sweetness to the mix at 60% and higher.

FWIW I find Dragonfruit (used at 4-5%)to be an excellent flavor to sweeten up a mix, it's probably not what you are looking for in this recipe though.

Thanks for the suggestions BigLungs. I do have Dragonfruit and Caramel (Original) - as well as regular Caramel. I'll have to look over what I do have again. I don't have Caramel Candy but, well, lol like the rest of us it's only a matter of time before I'll be putting another order in (as much as I am trying to be happy with what I have now).

I could even maybe see there being some use for a reference table of flavorings that have their own sweetness for different types of flavors/mixes (if somebody doesn't already have something like that out there). I'm probably the only weirdo out there that would prefer to not use Sweetener/sucralose or other artificial sweeteners if possible. :)

Lately I've been doing my mixing and flavor development at 60/40 VG/PG. I want to get back to 70/30 VG/PG -- and now that I have pretty much worked out proper wicking with my Erlkonigin I hope to be able to do that.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm looking forward to another mixing/DT session in the next day or two, or this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread