Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
No "Fritos" taste at those higher percentages?
I use it at 2% all the time,all i get is a nutty type of taste,i think if you go much more it would probably start to get a fritos taste,but i've never got it at 2%.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
As a beginner to DIY, I found the article (link below) helpful. While I don't agree with everything said, it's been helpful as my juices so far have been inconsistent. Sure, I've read a lot, bought lots of flavors, sweetners, additives, etc. but I began with too many ingredients that looked good on paper, as well as getting close to 25% flavors/extras, so I'm going back to simple stuff. I keep reading that more flavors and extras can make the finished juice have less flavor, something I have to remember. Worth a read.

DIY Mythbusting • /r/DIY_eJuice

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    @Mactavish Good (a bit surprised actually, and don't know why) to see your a Redittor as well. Yes, well aware of that article by skiddlz. Although, I pretty much agree with him and 'abdada', and many of the experienced mixers. I don't know if you've seen his 'nana cream recipe, or the original by /u/fizzmustard, which has banana. When the original came out it called for Lorann's Banana Cream, which sold out very quickly, so many turned to TFA's Banana Cream. I've mixed up both (vaping it right now) and prefer the TFA swap out much more than the Lorann's. (4 flavors only) but IIRC, you didn't get any Dragonfruit which is not required in the original.

Happy Mixing.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    @Mactavish Good (a bit surprised actually, and don't know why) to see your a Redittor as well. Yes, well aware of that article by skiddlz. Although, I pretty much agree with him and 'abdada', and many of the experienced mixers. I don't know if you've seen his 'nana cream recipe, or the original by /u/fizzmustard, which has banana. When the original came out it called for Lorann's Banana Cream, which sold out very quickly, so many turned to TFA's Banana Cream. I've mixed up both (vaping it right now) and prefer the TFA swap out much more than the Lorann's. (4 flavors only) but IIRC, you didn't get any Dragonfruit which is not required in the original.

Happy Mixing.

I have yet to join reddit, lurker via Google. Where is the nana cream recipe? Thanks!

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Probably only 3 to 5 percent.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    It must be the individual taste thing,i've used it around 3% a few times,and i don't remember for sure,but i don't think it was muting my flavors then,but i also never tried those recipes without it in there,so it very well may have and i just didn't know it since i never tried them without.Now you got me wanting to experiment haha.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Fizzmustard 'Nana Cream

5% Banana Cream (LA) or TPA Banana Cream @ the same %
    3% Dragonfruit (TPA)
    7% Strawberry (TPA)

For skiddlz version:
    Add: 1% Kiwi Double (TPA)

I prefer the skiddlz version with TPA Banana Cream. I find Lorann's very candied. Both are great.
    * Lorann's is neon yellow. They also make a clear version, but only in large gal quanties, so if you must have clear you'll have to get it from a rebottler.

Friscoweather

ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2013
    Texas
    It must be the individual taste thing,i've used it around 3% a few times,and i don't remember for sure,but i don't think it was muting my flavors then,but i also never tried those recipes without it in there,so it very well may have and i just didn't know it since i never tried them without.Now you got me wanting to experiment haha.
    Sorry about that. It might be just me and probably is [emoji3] so I just avoid using it.

On another note, if I wanted to make just a cotton candy mix, what percentage of EM would I use? I've never tried to make it.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Fizzmustard 'Nana Cream

3% Dragonfruit (TPA)
    7% Strawberry (TPA)

For skiddlz version:

I prefer the skiddlz version with TPA Banana Cream. I find Lorann's very candied. Both are great.
    * Lorann's is neon yellow. They also make a clear version, but only in large gal quanties, so if you must have clear you'll have to get it from a rebottler.

Oops, It was Kiwi not in the original. I don't remember you ordering dragonfruit.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Fizzmustard 'Nana Cream

3% Dragonfruit (TPA)
    7% Strawberry (TPA)

For skiddlz version:

Thanks, sorry I was a bit busy, then lazy. Found it on the site where I keep my recipes and notes: e-liquid-recipes dot com

Tried to post the link, gets edited out when message is saved, what's up with that?

Got to get me some DRAGON!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Thanks, sorry I was a bit busy, then lazy. Found it on the site where I keep my recipes and notes: e-liquid-recipes dot com

Tried to post the link, gets edited out when message is saved, what's up with that?

Got to get me some DRAGON!
    if u have to ask you probably shouldn't ask... I don't know why but asking why is not a good idea on any forum where url's are censored, and evading the censors by typing out the site/url is seen as evading the censors which is infraction/ban worthy

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    if u have to ask you probably shouldn't ask... I don't know why but asking why is not a good idea on any forum where url's are censored, and evading the censors by typing out the site/url is seen as evading the censors which is infraction/ban worthy

It's not the link to the recipe, just to the site. I post links to all kinds of online vendors in just about every thread I'm on, never had an issue, so does everyone else at least in the hardware threads.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    It's not the link to the recipe, just to the site. I post links to all kinds of online vendors in just about every thread I'm on, never had an issue, so does everyone else at least in the hardware threads.

the recipe site you are referring to is not a vendor, they are a competitor

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Sorry about that. It might be just me and probably is [emoji3] so I just avoid using it.

On another note, if I wanted to make just a cotton candy mix, what percentage of EM would I use? I've never tried to make it.

No reason to be sorry,like i said i never tried them without so very well could be muted,besides now i have a reason to experiment a bit haha.

On the cotton candy flavor,i have seen people post a few times that 10% is good for a cotton candy taste.I tried it once a couple years ago,but i had just recently stopped smoking so my taste buds weren't recovered yet,but my first few draws tasted exactly like cotton candy,then after that just sweet tasting.I may have to try that again now too haha.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    ..... i had just recently stopped smoking so my taste buds weren't recovered yet
    I quit October 19 last year, and personally believe I have the worst smell/taste buds out of all of us. There are so many vendor juices that just taste like a jumbled mess to me, where I can't discern any flavors based on the juice name or profile.

OTOH, I do believe our 'smell' has much more to do with the flavors than our taste buds. If you pinch your nose while taking a vape, you'll probably only 'taste' sweet.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I quit October 19 last year, and personally believe I have the worst smell/taste buds out of all of us. There are so many vendor juices that just taste like a jumbled mess to me, where I can't discern any flavors based on the juice name or profile.

OTOH, I do believe our 'smell' has much more to do with the flavors than our taste buds. If you pinch your nose while taking a vape, you'll probably only 'taste' sweet.
    I quit 2 years ago with my first decent set up & first flavored juice. My taste buds continued to recover & change for the first year & a half. I haven't had a change since about March, but it could still happen again. I could, vt vape anything but custards. No fruits, no tobacco. Then suddenly I could use single creamy fruits. Blueberry & strawberry only so far. Blackberry at times. More than one fruit & I get the same thing as you. It doesn't taste good at all.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I would definitely agree that EM at a low percentage can help blunt a too sharp flavor. Which begs the question, which flavors are folks using to help sharpen a too dull flavor? I use Vanilla Swirl for that task. Anyone else?
    Yep van swirl for me also. I tried em when I first started but did not like the after taste. I rarely use any sweeteners at all. My mixes are usually 50/50 pg/vg, but if I want a little sweet I just up the vg to 60.
    :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread