Status
Not open for further replies.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
Is TFA Ripe Banana mix supposed to be cloudy? I mixed 10% flv and 30pg 70 vg. I mixed it in an old Boba's Bounty bottle (plastic). It looks like watered down milk. If I am not supposed to mix in plastic bottle I guess that means I cannot use it in my REO?

I have a bottle of TFA Ripe Banana stored in class. It is yellowish, but totally clear. Beware of Banana and everything but glass, pyrex and polypropylene.

FunInAlaska

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Alaska
Hello everyone, Just ran across this thread. My wife and I got into the DIY scene around Christmas time. When we started we were very discouraged because we did not have any help like this thread. Since then we have found quite a few wonderful recipes mostly through trial and error and a few from the good folks here on ECF.

I also wanted to help out someone who a while ago asked for some guidance on Creme De Menthe (happens to be my ADV)
Using straight TFA Creme De Menthe I would start around 12% to maybe 14%, but LET IT STEEP.

My personal recipe is actually a mixture of TFA and LA's CDM and steeped 1 month to 6 weeks. Comes out smooth, minty, creamy and sweet. I mix this in a 50/50 ratio and usually at 6mg as I chain vape it all day.

Also wanted to mention that I also use the RY4 Double and I use it at 5% with 2%EM the last batch turned out amazing but I am waiting for my second batch of it to steep to confirm it was really that good and not an accident. Again, I allow this juice to steep at least a month.

Has anyone made a Blueberry freeze with the Blueberry xtra and Koolada? If trying something liek this should you cut down the berry flavor a little or just add the kool?

beamrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
C-Bus
Hello everyone, Just ran across this thread. My wife and I got into the DIY scene around Christmas time. When we started we were very discouraged because we did not have any help like this thread. Since then we have found quite a few wonderful recipes mostly through trial and error and a few from the good folks here on ECF.

I also wanted to help out someone who a while ago asked for some guidance on Creme De Menthe (happens to be my ADV)
Using straight TFA Creme De Menthe I would start around 12% to maybe 14%, but LET IT STEEP.

My personal recipe is actually a mixture of TFA and LA's CDM and steeped 1 month to 6 weeks. Comes out smooth, minty, creamy and sweet. I mix this in a 50/50 ratio and usually at 6mg as I chain vape it all day.

Also wanted to mention that I also use the RY4 Double and I use it at 5% with 2%EM the last batch turned out amazing but I am waiting for my second batch of it to steep to confirm it was really that good and not an accident. Again, I allow this juice to steep at least a month.

Has anyone made a Blueberry freeze with the Blueberry xtra and Koolada? If trying something liek this should you cut down the berry flavor a little or just add the kool?

For me, TFA Creme De Menthe is overpowering. A single drop in a 10ml 50/50 solution is about all I can stand.

FunInAlaska

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Alaska
For me, TFA Creme De Menthe is overpowering. A single drop in a 10ml 50/50 solution is about all I can stand.

Even after steeping? I admit that I personally think the TFA CDM has much more of a bite than I like, but that is why I mix it with other CDMs rather than use it alone.
Have you used LA CDM? What do you think of theirs?

And on that same note I use TFA wintergreen at much lower percentage than most do because I think that when it is much over 6% it becomes almost painful to vape. I use it at 4-5% usually and I can vape that all day, a nice smooth enjoyable wintergreen flavor.

but hey, everyone likes something different.

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
Had to scroll back a few pages for this- BUMP!

Absinthe: 10%
Almond Amaretto: 5-10%, 5/5
Apple: 10-15%, 4.5/5
Banana Cream 10%-15%
Banana Nut Bread: 5-7% (Great for mixing)
Bavarian Cream 5%-15%
Bittersweet (Choc): 10-15%, 4/5
Black Cherry: 5-15%, 5/5
Black Honey Tobacco: 3-5%
Blackberry: 6%
Blueberry: 15%
Blueberry Extra: 6/5 10-13%
Brown Sugar 15-20%
Bubblegum: 10%>
Butterscotch: 12%
Caramel: 10-15%, 5/5
Caramel Candy: 15-20%, 5/5
Caramel Cappuccino: 1 drop in 10ml base 4/5
Chai Tea: 10% 5/5 Very Unique, a must try
Cheesecake: 5-15%, 2/5
Cherry Blossom; 15%
Caramel Cappuchino 1 drop/10ml
Chocolate: 10-15%, 5/5
Chocolate Mint: 10% (more chocolate than mint)
Cinnamon Red Hots: 5-10%, 5/5
Coconut Extra: ~10%, 5/5
Cotton Candy: 10-20%, 5/5
DK Tab 555: 2%-5%
Dragon Fruit: 5-12%
Double Chocolate (Clear) 10-12% 4/5
Dulce de Leche: <10%> - overpowering at 20% - good for combining
French Vanilla: 10% (For me: Gets chemical/perfume tones over 5%)
Graham Cracker: 10-15%, 5/5 - This flavor recommended for combining with others.
Grape: 12%
Green Apple: 12%
Hazelnut Praline: 5%, 2/5
Honeysuckle: 10- 15% - very good but FYI will crack a tank
Horchata: 5%, 5/5
Irish Cream: 10 - 12%
Juicy Peach 17%
Key Lime Pie 12%
Kona Coffee: 1drop/10ml, 4/5
Lemon/Lime 5% 4/5
Licorice 5/5 10% needs a few weeks to steep
Lime (oil-based): 1-5%, 4/5
Lychee: 5-7%
M-type Tobacco- 1% for starters It requires a loooong steep!
Malted Milk: 5% (best mixed with other others)
Mango: 13%
Marachino Cherry: 5%, 4/5
Milk Chocolate: 20%, 4/5
Mint Candy: 12%, 4.5/5
Mt. Dew 10%-20%
Orange Cream: 5-10% 5/5 (To note, I am using all vg. So, I use it at higher %'s)
Papaya: 10% 5-5 (Very Fragrant)
Peach (not juicy) 12-15%
Peanut Butter: 10-15%, 5/5
Pear: 10-15%, 4.5/5
Peppermint: 15%
Pineapple: 15% 4.5/5 ( authentic flavor, I used 5% EM to sweeten)
Pizza: ~5%, 5/5
Plum: 5-10%, 4/5
Pomegranate: 7.5%-14%
Popcorn: 13%-15%
Raisin: 1-3% (Powerful)
Raspberry: 10%
Red Bull: 10%
RY4 Double- 15%
RY4 Asian: 10-15%
Smooth 2 drops per 5 ml
Spearmint: <5% Very strong start small
Strawberry: 3%-15%
Strawberries & Cream: 10-12% (good on its own, better with 3-5% EM)
Sweet Cream: 5-10%, 4/5 - This flavor recommended for combining with others.
Sweet Tart: 10%, 5/5 - Tastes more like Smarties
Tangerine (oil-based): 1-5%, 5/5
Tiramisu-- 8%-15% Over 15% tastes like burned coffee
Tobacco Blend Alcohol: 2.5%
Toasted Marshmallow: 10-15%
Toasted Almond: 15%
Tobbaco Absolute (TA): <1%
Tutti Frutti: 10-15%, 4.5/5 (closer to 15% the more VG I use)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream: 4-8%, 4/5 (excellent mixer)
Vanilla Bourbon: 10-15%, 4.5/5
Vanilla Cupcake: 20%
Vanilla Swirl: 10%
Violet Candy: 10 - 12% (one of my favorite vapes)
Waffle: 20%, 5/5
Watermelon: 15% 4/5
White Chocolate: 10% (note: mine had sugar as ingredient)
Wintergreen: 20%, 5/5
PA Sucralose Sweetener: 2%+, 4.5/5

FunInAlaska

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Alaska
Someone a while ago was asking about Smooth.
My wife likes to vape menthol but is not a fan of much other flavoring with it, so she makes a "smooth Menthol"
the recipe is simple:
10% Menthol Solution (10% menthol in PG from WL)
3% Smooth (or less)

Slightly less menthol could be good for many vapers, this makes a quite potent menthol vape, but as always everyone likes things a little different. If you like a good Menthol without any other flavors, give it a try.

FunInAlaska

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Alaska
Someone was actually asking about this in another thread. I'm going to see if I can find it and link them to this.
I don't own smooth. Do you know what it actually is?

no, I don't know what it actually is, all it says is it is artificial flavor, triacetin and pg. Not sure what it is supposed to taste like, never tried it alone, seems in the menthol all it does is smooth out the menthol so it doesn't feel like it is a knife stabbing your tongue, but it does do a good job helping to blend flavors together in mixtures especially after a nice long steep.

Last edited:

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
Can anyone tell me whether The Flavor Apprentice flavors are interchangeable with the The Perfumers Apprentice recipes? I have all TFA flavors but see mostly TPA recipes. I know one is a division of the other, but I don't know if flavors differ.

Yes TFA = TPA. The Perfumers Apprentice is the parent company and their line of food grade flavors (what we use) is branded The Flavor Apprentice, probably because perfume doesn't sound too appetizing.

deepeteo

Nov 23, 2012
U.S.A.
Strawberry
Kiwi These three together at between 6.5 and 7% each are DELICIOUS!
Coconut Candy

I made a Strawberry Kiwi blend this morning and love it. First I tried a 1 ml batch with 7.5% of each flavor. I thought the Kiwi was a bit too tangy, so I made my 15 ml batch with a 8% strawberry / 5% kiwi blend. Their strawberry is great on it's own, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread