Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I was smoking almost 2 packs a day for 25 years.i bought blu to quit and I failed miserably. I couldn't get enough vapor , I couldn't get a "throat hit" to satisfy me. After I realized I was failing miserably I went to the behind. store told him my issues and he recommended a vaporizer. Since I started using that I haven't picked up cigarette! ! The vaporizer was wonderful! Everything I asked for and more! I was able to quit completely smoking without cravings or misery! It is really a miracle for me. With heavy use the battery lasts about a day with out charging! I'm able to get a lot of vapor and that familiar throat hit like with cigarettes. The vaporizer has been a God send for me! I couldn't have done it without it! My opinion is for you to get a vaporizer and leave the blus behind.with the vaporizer you will susceed! I wish you the best!

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
I was smoking almost 2 packs a day for 25 years.i bought blu to quit and I failed miserably. I couldn't get enough vapor , I couldn't get a "throat hit" to satisfy me. After I realized I was failing miserably I went to the behind. store told him my issues and he recommended a vaporizer. Since I started using that I haven't picked up cigarette! ! The vaporizer was wonderful! Everything I asked for and more! I was able to quit completely smoking without cravings or misery! It is really a miracle for me. With heavy use the battery lasts about a day with out charging! I'm able to get a lot of vapor and that familiar throat hit like with cigarettes. The vaporizer has been a God send for me! I couldn't have done it without it! My opinion is for you to get a vaporizer and leave the blus behind.with the vaporizer you will susceed! I wish you the best!

Especially since Marlboro/Blu is at the forefront of the campaign to kill vaping as the majority of this community knows it. Boycott the Blus, buy an Ego or something instead if you don't wanna go the mod route.

SensesFailed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Berwick, PA, USA
I originally started out with Blu e-cigs but it didn't work well for me. I still have them because I refuse to throw them out so I puff on them occasionally just until they are used up. It's so weird with them though. Some I get a decent throat hit and solid vapor, and then the next puff, jack. BUT, they did get me off analogs and that's all that matters.

NC_Fog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Central N.C.
I would like to encourage folks not to support BT by purchasing their e-cig products. On 5-20-14 an excise(SIN)tax of .05 per ml of e-liquid was rolled up into a Bill that was introduced here in N.C. This part of the Bill was sponsored by RJR and supported by Lorillard/blu. This is nothing more than a blatant attack on e-liquid. A tax that the consumer will have to pay, not them. Look out, it's coming to a state near you. They tried this in Oklahoma last year but were unsuccessful.

I've tried and owned at least one of each of the various forms of e-cigs, from the disposables to the rechargeable "cig-a-likes" to the high-end PV mods, and I can say without a doubt the Blu was the most disappointing of the bunch.

My first e-cig was the V2, which I really didn't have many problems with. I quit smoking successfully with it, and the company's customer service was very good. The kit included cig-a-alike batteries and cartomizers, and I was generally satisfied with the product. However, the short battery and carto lifespans made the whole process a pain in the ..., so I eventually went back to regular cigs.

When the NJOY King disposable e-cigs started showing up in gas stations and convenience stores, I figured I'd give vaping another shot. I really liked the product, at least when it worked as intended. Too often I'd spend $30 on a 5-pack only two have two of them .... out after a few puffs or just not work at all. When they worked, NJOY Kings were the closest experience to a real cigarette available, but the high chance of duds and the typically short lifespans of the Kings quickly added up to costing me much more money than regular cigarettes EVER did. Back to the combustible cancer sticks I went.

When a small tobacco shop opened nearby that carried e-cig products, I decided again to try my luck with a new vaping brand. This time it was the Blu starter kit. Although the price of the kit was far less than the V2, the old adage of "you get what you pay for" held true. This product combined the worst aspects of V2 and NJOY into one infuriating ripoff. Not only was there at least one dud in each overpriced pack of cartomizers I bought, but the charger itself stopped charging my batteries after less than a week. Again, I went back to regular smoking.

Finally, I wised up and got a REAL vape product, the iTaste MVP 2.0, and the difference in quality and consistency is staggering. For less money than I spent on my original V2 starter kit years ago, the MVP has outperformed everything else I've ever bought at a fraction of the price. The freedom to fill your own tanks, with your own liquid, and vape at your own preferred power settings makes all the difference in the world, both for the pleasure of the vape AND for your finances.

So if you're a smoker trying to switch to vaping, my advice to you is to skip the crap and go straight to the mods. They may not provide the "cig-a-like" tactile fixation, but once you experience the difference in satisfaction, you'll know why no serious vapers bother with disposables or cig-a-likes.

dmetzcher

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
California, USA
I used BluCigs to quit smoking. My first order arrived several years ago, and I had my last cigarette the day it arrived. I never looked back. That's the one good thing I can say about Blu (well, that and the Blu Points that could be used for discounts on their products, but they recently eliminated the product discounts and are now only allowing points to be traded for swag like coolers and iPad cases with the Blu logo on them -- no thanks, I will not be a walking advertisement for Blu).

Having said that, the Blu system is far too expensive and unreliable. The batteries are overpriced when compared to the batteries we use in our mods. $8 for a tiny battery (they used to be $12 when I was still buying them) that never seemed to last very long between charges, compared to $10 for a Sony VTC5 18650 that lasts almost the whole day on a sub-ohm setup or even a Kanger EVOD battery that lasts half a day, at least? That's just way overpriced in my opinion. The cartridges are also far too expensive when compared to a 30ml bottle of ejuice from Mt. Baker Vapor, for example. Further, I always (yes, in every pack) got at least one (if not two or three) that had one of the following problems.

• They tasted horrible and were unusable. Specifically, they often had a burnt taste that burned my throat, so it wasn't just the taste. It actually hurt.
  • They produced significantly less vapor than normal (less than half and often below that amount).

Given the cost of a pack of Blu cartridges, one should be able to expect that 99% of the time each cartridge will work normally. Given the cost, the loss of money on the ones that didn't work, and all the frustration this caused, I seemed to be using them because I liked vaping, not because I liked BluCigs. It was time to move on.

I'd never go back to Blu. I boxed up everything I had, including several unopened packs of cartridges that I had purchased for the business trip, and put the box in my closet. I figured that I'd keep it all as a "just in case" (just in case what, though, I have no idea).

Anyway, I get it. Blu makes it easy for people to get into vaping (they certainly made it easy for me to quit smoking, and I'm very grateful for that). For some people, they seem great (in theory, if not for the issues I had with every pack of cartridges I purchased), because they are small, compact, and extremely easy to carry (I always preferred the Starter Pack, because it came with the slim charger pack, although I started out with the larger charger pack, and even used the one with all the bells and whistles). However, it's just as easy (and more cost effective) to get a Kanger EVOD starter kit or an eGo kit and carry that around as a first vape. One can even purchase 350mah eGo batteries that make things even more compact.

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
i started with a blu, but it just didn't satisfy and i went back to smoking. 4 days ago my son hooked me up with a vamo v3 and a nautilus mini. no looking back! i get the hit and fix i need. with 2 bottles of juice the price was $100. WELL worth it as i was spending ~$150 a month on cigs. if blu works for you great! but if you need that big hit drop the cash - you will not be disappointed.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Blu was my first e-cig experience. They did not keep me from smoking. Not enough vapor and they always ran out of steam, so to speak. It was only when I tried a real PV {Halo Triton} with good e-liquid {Halo} that I quit smoking. In fact, I NEVER smoked again. Never. I have moved on into RBAs, mechs, VV mods, DIY mods and DIY e-liquid, but the Halo products are solely responsible for my initial smoking cessation. Blu needs to do better. I suppose Blu are fine for an occasional, non-habitual smoker who wants to look cool at a bar...... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

jhy78

Sep 15, 2014
Atlanta
A little break from the norm around here, I actually got blu to quit and did so successfully. I think it all depends on how you smoke, what you smoke, and your mindset. I smoked marlboro ultra lights and found the tobacco blu to be nearly exact in taste. Vapor production was fine, I didn't need massive clouds like I was hitting a ...., but for what it is it worked well for me and I continue to use them and have been tobacco free.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Hi guys I'm a new vaper who didnt know about this forum and all its great info before I bought my BLU premium started kit. That being said most of the gripes are that the batteries dont last long and the prefilled cartos are expensive. I am not an all day vaper (mostly at night after work) I find with the 2 batteries I always have one charged. They give good vaper, and I have found a good way to clean and re-fill the used cartos. I spent 70.00 for the kit, so I don't want to be so fast to kick it to the curb for something else. what do you guys think?

How about you just use what you like and works for you and forget what anyone else says about it.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Agreed. Use what makes you happy and not smoke for real. I have the Blu kit (the mini, not the 510 size) and it’s very nice. No, it’s not as powerful as my ego and other toys but there’s nothing wrong with it. My only ‘dislike’ is when buying cartomizer at a store. They are almost always certain to be dried up trash that taste OK for 5 puffs or so. No big as I use blanks for the Blu kit sold by another company most of the time when I decide to use the kit. If I was to add another ‘dislike’ it would be that of their marketing. A 10 minute video with the CEO blabbing on about the new Blu +. Really? You’re new kit (Blu +) is a 510 with 24mg eliquid and nothing more Mr. Science lol

Dr. Vapyr

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Montana, USA
I know a lot of people don't like Blu and they get a bad rap but you have to respect them for trying to mainstream e-cigs with the whole Steven Dorf ad campaign and all.

Please remember that BLU is big tobacco, who has been killing millions horribly for generations. Now they are all cool by so called "mainstreaming" the e-cig.
Bunk! Look at Busardo's interview with NJoy. These guys are doing "mainstreaming" with a modicum of class. The guy even admitted that they got it wrong opposing flavors. And they are spending some big dough in the fight for freedom to vape. Check it out! Vaping is a grassroots activity of people taking a stand for a much safer alternative to igniters. Just saw one of the new Blu ads and in context of what I have learned about them, I found it disgusting.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I purchased the Blu plus for the heck of it. I have lost count of all the kits and stuff I own lol. Anyway, I only bought it cuz I wanted to try this new tank system. So far so good. Deff not JC flavors anymore. The new classic tobacco is okay-ish. The tank system (sealed tank within a cart shell) is very cool and works great. Every drag is the same vapor output and crackle. I read it can last a full day. Time will tell. About 5 hours in with on/off use. I did see the post about how you can refill them but don't have a drill or the time lol

update
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-i-should-have-known-better.html#post14957998

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread