The Lemo RTA: A Build With Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomso

Dec 8, 2014
Boulder, CO
3.3mm coil, Rayon. I vape this at 30-35 watts, but I hit it several times at 80 watts just to see if it would do it...it did
twisted30awgni200.jpg

twisted30awgni2002.jpg

There's more than one way to skin a cat

Nice build. I don't have spaced coils, so that might be the reason for previous dry hits. The only thing I changed was more cotton when wicking and it's working like a charm now. Was surprised, as I was sure less would be better.

Bjorhyn

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2014
Colorado
I got a few of these some time ago from a guy on ebay (seller ID 3rdeyedriptips ) you can search his listings, good seller prices vary due to auction.

Friction Fit Custom Wide Bore Acrylic Drip Tip w Delrin Insert by 3RDEYEDRIPTIPS | eBay

I measured one of mine:

Tip outside: 14.72 mm
Tip height: 15.38 mm
Insert outside: 8.69 mm
Insert inside: 7.58 mm
Overall height: 20.40 mm

These have the widest bore I have seen on any drip tip, I really like the friction-fit without o rings, really maximizes size of openings. I'm a lung hit guy. I do not like metal tips at all. They also fit Kayfuns, Drippers, and are perfect on all my Lemos (all my other tanks and drippers are in storage now).

Billowpro by Synervape Friction Fit Delrin Drip Tip w 3XL Wide Bore | eBay

The BillowPro are the ones shown on my avatar, I like them a bunch too.

:D:D:D

Hope this helps

Awesome! I appreciate it.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I got it here! They shipped it out really fast,and they have a high rating,so I will give it a few days to let them answer my message/e/mail. Lemo RTA Same Day Shipping | eBay

I'd give them till after the weekend to make it right. My guess is that they will.

Once you get the replacement, you'll see what all the fuss is about, and hopefully you'll end up keeping the other for spares!

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Strange happening lately. When I refill the tank I always make sure to not fill it to the top. I've been using this build @ 1.2 and 17.2 watts for a few weeks. Getting dry hits and have drop the wattage to 15 after I refill the tank. Once the tank is a 1/2 full I'm able to bring the wattage back up.
I would think dry hits would happen with the tank empty. I'm getting the dry hits in reverse.
Any thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Strange happening lately. When I refill the tank I always make sure to not fill it to the top. I've been using this build @ 1.2 and 17.2 watts for a few weeks. Getting dry hits and have drop the wattage to 15 after I refill the tank. Once the tank is a 1/2 full I'm able to bring the wattage back up.
I would think dry hits would happen with the tank empty. I'm getting the dry hits in reverse.
Any thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone

Classic under wicked problem. What NOVAjon said Jake....wick it chunky.

Last edited:

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
I run my lemo up to 44w with a 1.6 ohm coil with no dry hits. Wick it chunky. Just say'n

I would just add that I really fluff the tails and push it down thru with the first part of the chimney on very lightly, to the point where it looks like a pair of pouty lips from above. Juice the wick and clear the juice channels. Screw the top chimney cap on, fill and vape!!

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
I couldn't get a replacement base from eleafus! The vendor has refused to answer my messages to him,so last night I ordered a 7 x .5 mm die to recut the threads on the base!:glare: I again asked the rep from eleaf why they don't honor any products purchased for a online vendor or e/bay? The phone went silent! I think if they are going to wholesale to vendors,they should still stand behind the warrantee of their products! That's like GM saying if you buy a vehicle directly for us we will honor the warrantee,but if you buy it from a dealer,your on your own? Just doesn't make sense? I had a problem with my MVP one time. I called invokin and the youn lady asked for the serial number on it. After I gave it to her,she said we will see what we can do! A week later I got a package in the mail,and inside was a new MVP!:) It had a note inside the case saying,hope you have "more enjoyment with this one"! Can't say much for their English,but they sure do stand behind their products!

Last edited:

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
I couldn't get a replacement base from eleafus! The vendor has refused to answer my messages to him,so last night I ordered a 7 x .5 mm die to recut the threads on the base!:glare: I again asked the rep from eleaf why they don't honor any products purchased for a online vendor or e/bay? The phone went silent! I think if they are going to wholesale to vendors,they should still stand behind the warrantee of their products!

As much as I like my Lemo, I'm glad I didn't order a second like I had planned. This type of support is awful. I haven't had any issues with mine so far, but I have been worried about replacement parts.

Did a small experiment tonight, by vaping water to clean the wick. It did clean the wick quiet well, but a complete waste of time. I could have re-wicked the limo twice with in same time as it took to vape-clean the old wick.

Funny you mentioned this....me and a buddy were just talking about this day before yesterday with our lemos. Thanks for trying it out and sharing. Now I know not to do it. lol

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
As much as I like my Lemo, I'm glad I didn't order a second like I had planned. This type of support is awful. I haven't had any issues with mine so far, but I have been worried about replacement parts.

The company doesn't offer any replacement parts for the lemo! Maybe after market suppliers will,though?

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
The company doesn't offer any replacement parts for the lemo! Maybe after market suppliers will,though?

This essentially makes the Lemo disposable. I'm sure we can source o-rings for it, but that's about it.

In the long run, I'd rather purchase something that I can source parts for if necessary (especially with the glass tank) as i think it will be cheaper overall. Don't get me wrong, I still like my Lemo, but when I got it, I really thought eLeaf would start to come out with spare parts. That's not proven to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread