The new Apex Vapor Atomizers (AVA) are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plessdude

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2011
the burgh
I usually use LR Joye or LR Iken's in the Apex. Yes these do appear to be sealed which is confusing since I thought they were for use with Apex's signature product that happens to use the RES. This is why it would have been really nice to know upfront that this is useless for the Alpha w/RES. I often impulse buy ecig stuff and sometimes I get burned.(No pun intended) I have had so much luck with Apex line that I just assumed this was going to be a great way to enhance the Alpha. The thing is, I could be wrong. I could be missing something but until Innovaper provides some explanation I have to feel like I just wasted $50.

As a side note, I resurrected an HH .357 which I never tried on my Alpha. Wow. That is a really solid vape!

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
I would think it would work in the RES, but that the liquid (if you drip on it) would be slower to move. It appears from the picture that it doesn't have th bottom hole that most 510 atties do, but that it DOES have air holes on the side (right near or on the threads).

So I'd think it would work, but, having less holes in it, flow of air and liquid both might be reduced.

Best,
Ande

PS- Am thinking about ordering a couple of these. But still on the fence. Convince me??

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Works fine in the RES! Just got it in today and I'm pretty happy with it. By no means am I $50 worth of happy with it, but I'm not really surprised. First off, the way the atty is fumed at the top is stupid. It just makes no sense besides for forming a tighter seal with the res, but makes it tough to use in other devices (UFS in particular). It's ripping quite nicely, flavor is clean and crisp, and th is stellar. I don't really love how it wicks when you drip from the top, but that may just be me. Bottom hole is interesting, will post a video review sometime soon. My biggest concern with it is that I'm not sure if it's going to tarnish as badly as the Apex and Res do.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Yes the AVA's work great wit the Alphas and with the RES. They actually work better than any other atomizer due to the sealed bottom. All other atomizers have a hole in the bottom, which was originally for automatic batteries. The only problem with the hole in the bottom is it leaks liquid out through it. The new AVAs are sealed on the bottom to prevent liquid from leaking out onto the switch assembly, which was the main cause of the switches tarnishing and misfiring. And note that these atomizers work great right from the start, but after about a week they break in and really start working awesome!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Works fine in the RES! Just got it in today and I'm pretty happy with it. By no means am I $50 worth of happy with it, but I'm not really surprised. First off, the way the atty is fumed at the top is stupid. It just makes no sense besides for forming a tighter seal with the res, but makes it tough to use in other devices (UFS in particular). It's ripping quite nicely, flavor is clean and crisp, and th is stellar. I don't really love how it wicks when you drip from the top, but that may just be me. Bottom hole is interesting, will post a video review sometime soon. My biggest concern with it is that I'm not sure if it's going to tarnish as badly as the Apex and Res do.

What about $40? You did take the 20% discount. Everyone seems to forget this tidbit of information.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
Yes the AVA's work great wit the Alphas and with the RES. They actually work better than any other atomizer due to the sealed bottom. All other atomizers have a hole in the bottom, which was originally for automatic batteries. The only problem with the hole in the bottom is it leaks liquid out through it. The new AVAs are sealed on the bottom to prevent liquid from leaking out onto the switch assembly, which was the main cause of the switches tarnishing and misfiring. And note that these atomizers work great right from the start, but after about a week they break in and really start working awesome!

With this in mind, would it also work to use a sealed 510 to 510 extender to seal any unsealed 510's or 306's you might have? Or would that cause RES feeding issues?

plessdude

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2011
the burgh
Well I guess mine is just having issues then cause I need to blow through the AVA to get any juice in the RES and even then it doesn't seem to pull in from the RES after that. I also think that my VG juice must be too think cause the pull has become extremely hard. I wonder if I should bore out the air holes. Any suggestion TimesT?

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Well I guess mine is just having issues then cause I need to blow through the AVA to get any juice in the RES and even then it doesn't seem to pull in from the RES after that. I also think that my VG juice must be too think cause the pull has become extremely hard. I wonder if I should bore out the air holes. Any suggestion TimesT?

Let me talk to Mark and I will get back with you with some suggestions for you to try, he knows a lot more about these attys than I do.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I'd love to see a video!!!

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I need to get fully acquainted with it before I make a review, but I'm having trouble putting my Odysseus down to use it. But after about a weeks worth of use, it's just whatever. The heating element stays warm after release the switch on your pv, and the atty as a whole just puts out way too much excessive heat for me. It works ok in my Alpha+RES, and I even got a brand new RES and switch to reduce the variability of my experience with it. Flavor is great, but i gotta say that I don't love how the ceramic screen wicks. It definitely doesn't hold the 12 drops of juice they claim it does, at least not without using the RES. The 510 connector is also c 2mm longer than normal, so it won't sit in a gg stealth cap cap without the juice feed holes being exposed. I also haven't been able to figure out a proper adapter configuration to use it with a drip shield without the wider top sticking out above the shield (tried on 5 different drip shield styles). Makes a great amount of vapor though! My friend got in his HVs from thermo, so I'll get a chance to test one out at 6v.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
So far so good - it's definitely different than any other atty's I've tried. Mine came in at 1.5 ohms. The flavor on this is really nice, and it isn't nearly as spitty or gurgly as other LR atty's I've used. The draw seems really smooth, and overall I can tell that this isn't made in china, or use parts made in china. It seems really sturdy and well made - it's heavier than other atty's I've used. So far I've only used i on my Provari - my Ultralite's batteries are charging as we speak. From what it sounds like, it should also improve over the next 24 hours.

Is it worth 40$? Jury is out on that one for a couple of weeks. If it can hold up for awhile and stay at this quality after lengthy heavy usage then it might very well be.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I'm getting what I assume is a burnt wick (it tastes different than normal atomizers, so I can't say for sure). Is there anything I can do to fix this? Not sure what recommendations are for cleaning these as they are different from other atomizers. Not sure how it happened - maybe because mine came in at 1.5 ohms, and a fresh battery off the charger is about 4.1 - 4.2 volts? Overall, I've been pleased with this atty and was thinking about ordering a SR or HR for some of my other mods, but this is making me hesitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread