The Precise 18650 (P18) - First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I've never worried about the e-cig ban here in the states.
Her0in has been banned for years and it still pours into this country daily and can be found in most elementary schools.
If an e-cig ban happens, I'll just get a 4th grader to "score" me some cartomizers and juice :w00t:
LOL! Now why didn't I think of that.

Aceyboogie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Sincity and the City of Angels
I've never worried about the e-cig ban here in the states.
Her0in has been banned for years and it still pours into this country daily and can be found in most elementary schools.
If an e-cig ban happens, I'll just get a 4th grader to "score" me some cartomizers and juice :w00t:

I second that notion. Great review again switched and I look forward to more reviews. I actually owned an omega and I could never get used to it's firing mechanism. It did tarnish quickly, but that was the least of my concerns...

Snipper

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Adelaide
Yea awesome review and of the type I have been waiting to read for ages, so true a 3.7v will vape like a 3.7v a 6v will vape like a 6v etc: None of the "it plumes out tons of vapor bull s@#t"

Sounds like Super T has pulled out another quality device thats made in stainless (which i would pick over aluminium any day), is light, easily servicable, as slim as it could possibly be to fit a 18650 and will outlast me.

I am sold

What more could a person want in a device?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I second that notion. Great review again switched and I look forward to more reviews. I actually owned an omega and I could never get used to it's firing mechanism. It did tarnish quickly, but that was the least of my concerns...
Maybe you should review the Omega for us, or did I somehow missed yours?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Yea awesome review and of the type I have been waiting to read for ages, so true a 3.7v will vape like a 3.7v a 6v will vape like a 6v etc: None of the "it plumes out tons of vapor bull s@#t"

Sounds like Super T has pulled out another quality device thats made in stainless (which i would pick over aluminium any day), is light, easily servicable, as slim as it could possibly be to fit a 18650 and will outlast me.

I am sold

What more could a person want in a device?
... a self feeding system that doesn't leak. He is working on it...

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
-----

Switched, thanks for a great review! I need to know, can you simply switch out the different voltage batteries or do you have to also add or take away washers to make the batts fit right when you switch voltages?

-----
Thanks for the kind words. I was going to save the operating portion for my follow up, but since you have asked I will answer it here as well.

The switch spacer is for adjusting the throw of the switch period. There is an o-ring at the bottom of the tube to prevent a short should the protective coating become damaged. The Precise is precisely machined and will accept the following bats.

• AW 18650 2600mAh flat top;
  • AW 18650 1600mAh IMRs (will require the second o-ring provided with the unit)
  • AW LifePO4 3.0V 500mAh;
  • Tenergy LIfePO4 3.0V 750mAh;
  • Tenergy RCR123As 3.0V 900mAh;
  • The AW RCR123As 3.7V 750mAh fit but leave a gap at the top (about 0.20"). I believe this can be alleviated with a thinner o-ring than what is fitted.
SuperT will also be stocking batteries in the future. The afoementioned batteries is what I personally own. This is the SuperT thread plus it ios discussed elswhere on the sight as well.
Precise Official Battery Thread - E-Cigarette Forum

Aceyboogie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Sincity and the City of Angels
Maybe you should review the Omega for us, or did I somehow missed yours?

I only owned it for a day or two and just couldn't get the hang of it's firing mechanism. I'll leave all the reviewing for you, Clyde, waffle and amajn, I'm a horrible writer....:laugh:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
WOW awesome review.... How is the air draw for the boge 510 cartos? Is it exactly like the eGo with the cone on or does it have more airflow?

Cartomizers need plenty of air or they get burnt to quickly. So I'm a little worried about airflow.
The Boges will but not the SLBs. The draw is similar to the eGo but not as stiff, only slightly though. I had 2 Boges (silver threads) and was not pleased with them. I did burn one and yes they do burn. On the other hand the SLBs won't/don't.

What I am hopping in the future is that we start seeing vendors stocking quality products. I am not talking devices, I am strcitly talking accessories:

• atomisers;
  • cartomisers; etc...
This may force the Chinese towards better quality. Their is absolutely nothing wrong with buying bargain basement equipment, provided you know that you are buying sub-par product. IOW there is nothing wrong buying cheap attys etc... provided they are priced cheap and not the market value which we see many vendors do. IMHO if folks know that they are getting brand X at a higher price, and brand X is a higher quality over brand Y, then they will pay for such quality. But far too many have paid top dollar for crap, they are reluctant to buy anything but crap, because they have been burnt too many times.

The good news it seems the tides are changing, I hope for good and for the better :D As long as folks are willing to buy crap, there will be folks willing to sell it. It is time we as a community demand better products and better service.

BTW SuperT took a large hit wrt shipping my P18 prior to my departure for Montreal. Regardless of the reasons he did it, speaks volumes IMHO wrt customer service. Maybe he felt a little guilty wrt the time it took for us to receive our devices, which is understandable, knowing what he went through wrt production. Nonetheless, I asked if there was any way I could have it before I leave on the 2nd August. I do :) Is it beneficial to SuperT? You bet! I plan on bringing it to one of the largest vapers meet in Toronto on the 10th, that is free advertisement :D and folks will be able to see and vape first hand on a fine product.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I only owned it for a day or two and just couldn't get the hang of it's firing mechanism. I'll leave all the reviewing for you, Clyde, waffle and amajn, I'm a horrible writer....:laugh:

The firing mechanism gives me a little hesitation about the Precise. It's such an aesthetically appealing PV in terms of appearance, materials, and mechanical simplicity... but I've got my doubts about that bottom button thing.

Switched, I know you like to pulse the button on/off with LR attys in particular (since it was you that taught me about that). Is that a comfortable maneuver with the Precise? Do you use your pinky finger on the trigger? The bottom of your pinky finger, nearer to where your finger meets your hand along the Proximal Phalanx, or the top of your pinky finger along the Distal Phalanx, or maybe along the Middle Phalanx. Relevant Finger Anatomy

When you activate the switch, do you move your pinky up or do you press the device down with thumb and index finger while your pinky remains stationary underneath it?

Please pardon the stupid questions. I'm just trying to visualize how to comfortably press the button without contortions.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
VM,

It is obvious (no pun intended) you have not had a bottom fired PV before, or maybe tried one out and didn't like it, I don't know. I had practice with my screwdriver and it was much easier for a neophyte to master. I cannot explain what I do, all I knwo is that is it a natural movement. I don't think about it. Wrt the Precise you have the "horns" to deal with. If you are using a flat tip, this is not a problem because if you aligned you flat tip right as in my photos, when the PV goes to your lips, it is in the proper firing alignment. With a round tip or a t tip the momentary feel will put you in the proper firing position, which can happen with any flange. Firing a bottom button is no problem at all for domeone who as fired them before, and a shallow learning curve for neophytes with bttom fired PVs. I hope that helped. I don't think about it and it fired every time. I also have asaying that folks find strange <<You don't need eyes to see>> .

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
It is obvious (no pun intended) you have not had a bottom fired PV before

Nope, sure haven't. That's the reason for the stupid questions :)

I've been noticing more closely how I hold my 16340 mods which are roughly the same size as the P16. Almost always my pinky is cradling the bottom of the device, with either my index finger (when using the Chameleon) or my thumb (when using the Mini-VapeStack) draped across the top of the device. A light squeeze down along the length with such a grip seems like what would be needed to hit a bottom buttoned device.

I guess I'm talking myself into taking the P16 plunge. My rational ultimately boils down to... its just the Crème de la Crème of the 16340 MODs and I gotta get me one of those :facepalm:

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
VM, I believe you would be a natural, because that is exactly how it happens. Now I am sure SuperT would tell you to buy both, but if you are going to get one, I would go with the P18 is all honesty, only because it has the capability to go to 6V should that need arise some day, and in all honesty, you do have a performing 16340 device. The 18650 will easily last you a day to a day and a half between charging, if not more should you choose to remain at 3.7V. I can garantee with all certainty that an 18650 will outlast any IMR you throw at it, and 3 times on Sunday. You know my story, I'll leave it at that for you to comtemplate, but the P16 is not where I would be placing my bets. :D You will grow... trust me. ;)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
The firing mechanism gives me a little hesitation about the Precise. It's such an aesthetically appealing PV in terms of appearance, materials, and mechanical simplicity... but I've got my doubts about that bottom button thing.

Switched, I know you like to pulse the button on/off with LR attys in particular (since it was you that taught me about that). Is that a comfortable maneuver with the Precise? Do you use your pinky finger on the trigger? The bottom of your pinky finger, nearer to where your finger meets your hand along the Proximal Phalanx, or the top of your pinky finger along the Distal Phalanx, or maybe along the Middle Phalanx. Relevant Finger Anatomy

When you activate the switch, do you move your pinky up or do you press the device down with thumb and index finger while your pinky remains stationary underneath it?

Please pardon the stupid questions. I'm just trying to visualize how to comfortably press the button without contortions.

forgive me switched I didn't really want to jump in on your review...but I wanted to answer this question a sec...

since it's essentially the same button as the S6 what I've found most natural for me ....is to rest the button on the Proximal Phalanx as you've said...and I don't actually move the pinky really at all...sort of just squeeze the hand..pulling down slightly with the index finger and thumb..almost just flexing the fingers...that's the best way I can describe it...

best way I can describe the way it feels is if say you took an eGo...and rested the bottom of the battery against the Proximal Phalanx....ring finger, middle and index wrapping over it so the index finger is about 10mm or so from the top of the cone...thumb straight up pointing to the cartridge....now just kinda squeeze your hand (almost like you were going to make a fist....feel how the thumb kinda pushes up and the thumb and index finger pushes down all at the same time....that's all it really takes..almost like you're not really pushing anything just kinda fidgeting...

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
since it's essentially the same button as the S6 what I've found most natural for me ....is to rest the button on the Proximal Phalanx as you've said...and I don't actually move the pinky really at all...sort of just squeeze the hand..pulling down slightly with the index finger and thumb..almost just flexing the fingers...that's the best way I can describe it...

best way I can describe the way it feels is if say you took an eGo...and rested the bottom of the battery against the Proximal Phalanx....ring finger, middle and index wrapping over it so the index finger is about 10mm or so from the top of the cone...thumb straight up pointing to the cartridge....now just kinda squeeze your hand (almost like you were going to make a fist....feel how the thumb kinda pushes up and the thumb and index finger pushes down all at the same time....that's all it really takes..almost like you're not really pushing anything just kinda fidgeting...

Hey... thanx for this description of how you make it work! I was imagining it might work something like that, and you've confirmed it and filled in wonderful details. I just love details :D

Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread