The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Precise 18650 (P18) - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Commercial Ecigarette Reviews and Videos' started by Switched, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Switched

Switched ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    I am truly sorry you disagree, but then again we have yet to agree on anything. I know where he is coming from, with regards to the GGTS. He has a pre 2010 model. I believe that by owning all three models he can indeed offer an objective review. If you read the review carefully, he stated that should the GGTS possess the attributes of the P18 and be SS, he would be in vaping heaven as he prefers the button position of the GG. many do as a matter of fact, because in all fairness, it is in a nice spot.

2. BrockJ

BrockJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    The review is neither good or bad, it's merely his opinion about what he thinks or likes. Personally I thought it was a well written, personal opinion / view.
    Others have their own opinion on the comparison of the different devices. So do I but, that doesn't make it a bad review.

I liked the Prodigy V1. It was a great device (still own one).
    Don't like it as much as the P16 but it's still a schmokin PV and entirely my opinion.

3. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Absolutely true Brock. When we consider all the fanboyisms and knocking that goes around these days it is nice to see what I deemed an objective opinion.

Being an objective person myself, would I hesitate to order another SuperT device? The answer would have to be yes. Not because it is not an excellent device of great quality, but it would need to be special. Some folks would like to see a P14 next, not me. Personally I have no need for one, but do indeed understand a particular niche for one.

I appreciate David coming out with this particular line, it was announced at an opportune time. Should as much thought go into the next one, he will have buyers for sure, myself included, but it will need to be special and fit a very special need. BTW this particular line has room for expansion if he so desires.

4. Drozd

Drozd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    NW Ohio
    A p14?...mabe a slight redesign of the S6...there are other things I'd like to see from him first that he was working on first....one is the 4 in 1 adapter that he had done a prototype of quite a while ago...before the p16 and p18 were announced actually... and then the juice feeder he hinted he was working on..

5. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    Thanks for the excellent review Switched! And thanks for not saying that it has a great throat hit... I hate that when someone says a device has great flavor or vapor production. Like you said, "A 3.7v device is a 3.7v device" I couldn't agree more....

I've been looking at this line for a few months now and might just have to pull the trigger soon. Once I sell off a few of my sub standard mechanical devices anyway. I'm tired of the constant cleaning to keep them working properly. Once I got the Prodigy V3 I noticed that the atty connection doesn't turn black and green like the brass does. Stainless has no noticeable difference in voltage to me either. Plus it is so much more durable and when you buy something that you want to look the same for years it's really the only way to go.

6. boz

boz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Variable voltage of course. :)

7. VaporMadness

VaporMadness Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    CA, USA
    It was pointed out to me that the Precise has a very flat uninteresting topcap. It later crossed my mind that the flat top could make a nice base for an AFS like gizmo.

@switched, thnx for the info about the throw distance and spacers and such!

8. Drozd

Nov 7, 2009
    NW Ohio
    indeed...and if you look burried deep in the super T threads....that 4in1 is burried in there too.... just something about 1 singular endcap that you could put on a 510, 801, 901, 808d-1 cartos....all without any additional adapters that seems such an ingenious idea

9. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Thanks my friend I always try to say it as it is. I ran the tests wrt conductivity and voltage losses and pretty much came up with the same conclusions. As a matter of fact I was quite surprised with the/my results. I haven't decided yet what to offer up in my follow up.

10. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Just glad to be of help. I know you use AWs so you will be pleased with your P16, especially with that 801 shorty. I wanna see pic in hands when you receive yours :D

11. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    ... are we talking changing out the fittings like the Chameleon or or we talking all fitted in the same top cap?

12. BrockJ

Sep 12, 2009
    Dallas, Texas

Davids 4 in 1 was a one piece design. It'd be nice to see a top cap replacement for any / all of the existing devices but, it'll probably be a totally new machine that incorporates a new top.

13. Drozd

Nov 7, 2009
    NW Ohio
  14. BrockJ

Sep 12, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Wow.. hard to believe that was back in Feb

15. Drozd

Nov 7, 2009
    NW Ohio
    yeah...lol...seems so recent....but damn do I want that endcap for the s6 like was initially envisioned...

and I wonder what happened to the mysterious 3rd big battery mod that was supposed to follow the 2 precise....

16. BrockJ

Sep 12, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    That would be a great top for the S6 or the Precise line.

The Big Batt mod could be well under way. (what's bigger than the 18650?)
    David recently spoke about a box type mod and another.
    hmmmmm

17. dk2

dk2 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    cheers
    Nothing to do with disagreeing with you Switched (by the way I enjoyed your review of the p18) I'm just saddened by the way he ended his review, if he wanted to say the ggts is the better unit he should have reviewed all three devices evenly.

18. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Perhaps, but I know why he did it that way, knowing the individual. Sorry I can't expand any further, nor do I wish to in all honesty. If you need to know send me a PM we can discuss it.

19. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Ahhhh, just seen it. That is sweet. I bumped the thread for updates, being that the big batt mods are here.

20. Vaporologist

Vaporologist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2010
    Epic Journey
    Hey Switched, speaking of big batt mods, I got one coming. Just placed: Order #3318, P18 Stainless. Can't wait! Thanks for all your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.