the René 41 thread . . . . . . .well . . . . . .wire . . . . . . . . wire thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany

Bah! What good is money if not to spend? You can't take it with you when you die!

Sent from the zoo using Tapatypo 2

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri
Just switched out a two week old R41 coil that had been dry burned and rewicked several times. Big boost in flavor production. I vape a lot of NETs and have been sampling some very gunky home extracts so it had been through a lot but even after a good cleaning, the R41 just wasn't kicking the flavor.

10 wraps on 1/16 screwdriver, .9 ohms, IGO S, great flavor is back.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
You forgot to tell me that i ought to wrap it on a screwdriver while it's red hot and pulling on one end with pliers!

1.05Ω 6 wrap, rough looking old non-micro coil that i threaded silica thru afterwards. Sure is easy to fit though - the ends will go thru brickwork. Works well.

<< off to bandage my fingers that are now pricked and a bit singed.

T

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I mean it's been like 4 whole days since anyone posted in here!

ummmmm
it's stiff?

and ummm.
it gets hot?

and uhhhhh
comes on a little spool?

you can make coils with it?

not sure what else can be said.

havent had a lot of time to really play with it but its def a sturdy wire.

having to rethink how I wrap a couple things since it's not a soft wrap and go wire.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Well it might be overkill, but sure saves my fingers - drill bit in a vice, with a blowtorch and some pliers seems to result in the least physical injury to me.

I don't know what the lifespan of a coil is from this stuff - but mine's been going strong all week of daily use. 5 feet of wire is looking like a bargain just now.

T

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
sezaquba.jpg

Made a new r41 coil...

Tight twisted at ~.8ohm

Sent from the zoo using Tapatypo 2

Vtwin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
no prob man. I also twisted it using a drill. need to make sure you release grip on the end not in the drill frequently or the wire will fold onto itself... and when R41 folds... it isn't changing from the position it bent into!

One more question please - what are you using to hold the wire in the drill chuck?

Thanks - Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread