Status
Not open for further replies.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
You might want to look into getting something like the Coilmaster 321 Tab. It will check the resistance of your coils, as well as provide a nice building station to set up your attys on. You can also use it to test fire your coils after getting them mounted.
I love my Coilmaster 321 Tab. It's worth more than it costs.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Hello fellow reonauts! I see we are talking about coil master tabs. Has anyone else experienced this? I have the coilmaster kit v3 and the 521 tab is horrible. The fire feature is the only thing that works. When trying to use the actual ohm meter the screen cuts in and out constantly and does not read the correct resistance. I have compared its readings with two other ohm meters I have. :nah:

Reactions: Kenna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have the USA Ohm Fire Meter, I like it very much. It sounds like the 521 Tab but it is more expensive. It has yet to have a problem after several months either measuring Ohm's or firing the coil. I have verified the Ohm measure with a GB multi-meter and at 1.0 - 1.5 it is very close.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Hello fellow reonauts! I see we are talking about coil master tabs. Has anyone else experienced this? I have the coilmaster kit v3 and the 521 tab is horrible. The fire feature is the only thing that works. When trying to use the actual ohm meter the screen cuts in and out constantly and does not read the correct resistance. I have compared its readings with two other ohm meters I have. :nah:

I've never had a problem with mine. In fact, I also have a USAohmmeter Fire Meter, which was more than twice the price. After buying it, I happened to win a 521 in a raffle. Accuracy wise, they both read pretty close to the same, when I've tried attys on both. The build quality of the Fire Meter is better, especially the 510 connector. The Fire Meter also has a mosfet switch. But for whatever reason, I actually prefer using the 521. Maybe because I don't like the mosfet switch in the Fire Meter for quick pulsing coils.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    That's their "new" mini model. I picked one up on sale for $12.
    I have an original. This new model is a step backward IMO.
    I've read of others having that same issue. If it's new, maybe try to return it, or open it up and see if there is a loose wire.
    Also have a Geek Vape 521 that has had no problems, so far.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    0130171144_HDR.jpg
    0130171209.jpg
    0130171207.jpg
    0130171244a.jpg
    0130171244b_20170130172845682.jpg
    0130171243.jpg
    0130171252f.jpg
    0130171301.jpg

Today's hike was the best hike I may have ever had in my life, and I am very proud of my doggy.

Tomorrow: skiing.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    You might want to look into getting something like the Coilmaster 521 Tab. It will check the resistance of your coils, as well as provide a nice building station to set up your attys on. You can also use it to test fire your coils after getting them mounted.

I triple second that!!!!They have a different one that only checks the ohms., but i love this new one that also tests the built coils.

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I have opened it up it appears to be the actual switch I'm thinking it's just cheap to be honest. Vape shop only offered to take a look but I already did lol
    Might try sending an e-mail to Coil-Master. I'm sure they have heard of the issue.
    http://www.coil-master.net/

KentA

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 5, 2015
    Adirondack Mountains
    I have opened it up it appears to be the actual switch I'm thinking it's just cheap to be honest. Vape shop only offered to take a look but I already did lol
    Does it look like a different switch could alter the calibration, or can it be fixed with a trip to the nearest hardware store?

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Those are awesome pics! Absolutely awesome! Makes me feel like I can smell that cold clean air. Love seeing your pupper in them, too! Thank you Sloth!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread