Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
And I STILL haven't tried that, :facepalm:
I may go rent some skis on Tuesday. I actually think there are free rentals on Tuesdays, and I'm off, and we have over 2 feet of fluffy white stuff, so...

I loved it! My preference was skiing on ungroomed trails. Lots of the same trails we mountain biked on in the summer. Lots of people like 'track skiing' on groomed trails. I didn't. I liked to 'bushhack'. We used wider skis, so we could go off trail.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I loved it! My preference was skiing on ungroomed trails. Lots of the same trails we mountain biked on in the summer. Lots of people like 'track skiing' on groomed trails. I didn't. I liked to 'bushhack'. We used wider skis, so we could go off trail.
Sounds super fun. Ok, this needs to happen. Tuesday it is. I'll report back. Hopefully I do ok.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Sounds super fun. Ok, this needs to happen. Tuesday it is. I'll report back. Hopefully I do ok.

You'll be tired, for sure. It's strenuous exerscize. But I think you'll like it. You're in great country for it. Lots of great trails. One of my favorite places in the Adirondacks was Garnett Hill.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Not familiar...I will look it up.

Best thing to do would be to go to a local XC skiing or mountain bike shop, and get a local trail map book. I'm betting they'll have something.
Garnett Hill is down by 13th Lake. A little east of it. You wouldn't have to go that far. I only mentioned it because they have some great trail loops there.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I was a snowmobiler years ago, when most of the sleds were still air cooled. Liquid cooled was still fairly new. The suspensions weren't what they are today either.
Those sleds today are like rockets on rails.

Many MANY years ago I was in a small snow mobile race...just a buncha women and guys ( tho no woman but me got in the elimination races...now I wonder who was smarter:facepalm:)

Anyway.. on the third run a couple of guys sped real close to me on either side to try to scare me off the track..guess they really didn't know who they were dealing with, all that did was bring out the " bull" in me... i beat their butts.( On the first run i didn't know that there was a huge pile of hard snow at the end of the run and i hit it wide open, flipped the snowmobile...the guys that were still close just turned around and went all the way back to the "start")...that's when i knew i was gonna beat their butts no matter what they tried. Fourth run i left them in the dirt...um..snow:)

I guess i have some male characteristics...was there a trophy? For me it was the pleasure of winning against those ruffians:D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I just rode a snowmobile for the first time ever :headbang:
I've only been on a snowmobile once. There's no snow in San Antonio.

We were on vacation in New Mexico. My brothers were on one snowmobile. My sister and I on the other. It had snowed 24" the day before.

Unfortunately, the lake/pond/whatever wasn't frozen really solid. How would I know. It was just snow to me. I didn't even know we were over water!

We all stopped to talk for a minute. Then the snowmobiles wouldn't go anymore. They were sinking!

When I got back indoors and took my boots off, my socks were frozen solid. They stood up by themselves by the fireplace.

No harm. Just a surprise and an interesting memory.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Many MANY years ago I was in a small snow mobile race...just a buncha women and guys ( tho no woman but me got in the elimination races...now I wonder who was smarter:facepalm:)

Anyway.. on the third run a couple of guys sped real close to me on either side to try to scare me off the track..guess they really didn't know who they were dealing with, all that did was bring out the " bull" in me... i beat their butts.( On the first run i didn't know that there was a huge pile of hard snow at the end of the run and i hit it wide open, flipped the snowmobile...the guys that were still close just turned around and went all the way back to the "start")...that's when i knew i was gonna beat their butts no matter what they tried. Fourth run i left them in the dirt...um..snow:)

I guess i have some male characteristics...was there a trophy? For me it was the pleasure of winning against those ruffians:D
I would expect nothing less from you!

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I've only been on a snowmobile once. There's no snow in San Antonio.

We were on vacation in New Mexico. My brothers were on one snowmobile. My sister and I on the other. It had snowed 24" the day before.

Unfortunately, the lake/pond/whatever wasn't frozen really solid. How would I know. It was just snow to me. I didn't even know we were over water!

We all stopped to talk for a minute. Then the snowmobiles wouldn't go anymore. They were sinking!

When I got back indoors and took my boots off, my socks were frozen solid. They stood up by themselves by the fireplace.

No harm. Just a surprise and an interesting memory.

OMW!!!! I can see why you only went once!!!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
OMW!!!! I can see why you only went once!!!
No, I would do it again. After checking for water, of course. But, I would need to be near snow first. That's not happening in San Antonio.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It's just that i was never blessed with much common sense:facepalm:
But, you won! Being determined is just as important as common sense. Otherwise, we wouldn't accomplish anything!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Speaking of frozen lakes, they have begun building the ice castle near Lake Flower:
0128171429.jpg

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
No, I would do it again. After checking for water, of course. But, I would need to be near snow first. That's not happening in San Antonio.

I hope you get another chance! It's such great fun! And you don't have to go like a speed demon... just riding back trails is very invigorating and refreshing.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Do this until the RxW has turned white. If it turns black, you burned it and it is now no good...
will it also be white under the coil, or will that stay darker?

Good Morning Reonauts ! A cool weekend on tap here in the Carolinas.
Can't help with wicks, I'm still on Japanese cotton. Bu then again, I am vaping at about 11 watts. No need for high temperature equipment here !

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
I use KGD mostly also. I'm considering giving rayon one more shot......soon as I find my baggie or rayon hehehe. That and my rxw are here somewherz. I put them somewhere that made sense at the time o_O But I will find them! I really liked the rxw too. I probably changed it too early, but now I know I was dry burning wrong. Thanks muzic or rule or whoever that was. Forgot already.

I just rode a snowmobile for the first time ever :headbang:
awesome sauce! I bet that was tons of fun!

Speaking of frozen lakes, they have begun building the ice castle near Lake Flower:
View attachment 631605
oh how neat. Would love to see a photo when that's done. They are so beautiful, ones I've seen on TV, but I just couldn't take the cold.

Cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
newp, not cool..........freezing!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread