The REOville lounge

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
@Robinowitz I've been a desert dweller on the Mojave Desert for almost 29 years (19 of it a solo life). The explosion of wildflower season on the desert here typically runs from mid February to mid April. So it is winding down with the temperature here on its way up to being the fires of hell in summer. I haven't been able to travel out to where the best shows of flowers on the desert are for around 10 years though. Where I've lived for a dozen years now is a desert landscape, but its one that is man made. My big ranch house before here was in the real desert with all the wildflowers and all the wild creatures that lived there with me. Bobcats, coyotes, fox, cottontail rabbits, ground squirrels, bats, rattlesnakes, lizards, tarantulas, bark scorpions, roadrunners, quail, dove, all the migratory song birds and hummingbirds, butterflies, etc and I had feeders and water fountains for all of them. The male bobcat was like a miffed pet that would walk up to me, look up at me with an uninterested stare with his bobbed tail twitching, then rub against my leg(s) as he walked away. The quail pecked at my toes, the hummers landed on me, the rabbits stood up on their hind legs to beg treats from me. IOW, the creatures there were my "family". Visitors called my place Wild Kingdom (after the old Marlin Perkins/Mutual of Omaha's wildlife TV show from the early 60's to mid 80's when he died). I still have the bark scorpions (just found two of them in my place this week, one on the floor, the other up on a wall) two+ months earlier than normal that are a serious threat to young children and old pharts like me at night (since I never wear shoes). Before the season for them is over I'll have dozens of them sharing my place inside with me. I also find rattlesnakes here sometimes (outside), I catch them and relocate them to where they can live safely away from humans. A sad change has been that over the years I've lived here almost all other wildlife, insects, etc that was here have disappeared completely that I used to sit long hours on my patio watching every day (even in the extreme heat). So there is not much worth my going outside for anymore.

Long winded and off topic (but the topic here is no longer a part of my life).
What a descriptive and educational read and re-read @Spydro! I am familiar with many parts of the Mohave, having been raised in San Bernardino and having family in Needles, Barstow and taking day trips to Joshua Tree, Vegas, etc. The desert has its own incredible beauty. I can remember taking day trips with my Dad so he could photograph flowers in bloom (short life span so we had to plan well).
The environmental changes are so sad....Before moving north in ‘95, we were struck with the humidity in Palm Springs due to all the lawns and golf courses. Humidity was not something one associates with deserts. Or as my Grandma used to say: “it’s drier than a popcorn fart.” Haha
My best to your scorpions and bobcats friends Enjoy each precious moment!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Chrissy got Moderna, I got pfizer. Both of us had sore arms after the first shot, she was sick with a "bad flu" for one day after her 2nd shot, and I had a slight fever and headache for 2 days after my 2nd. Totally worth it. I get to go see my dad in May who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer recently because we've all had our vaccines. Really excited to spend some time with him before things get worse.

Hope everyone is doing well. I was almost done with vaping. Recent stress has caused me to continue vaping, but hey, it could be (much) worse :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Chrissy got Moderna, I got pfizer. Both of us had sore arms after the first shot, she was sick with a "bad flu" for one day after her 2nd shot, and I had a slight fever and headache for 2 days after my 2nd. Totally worth it. I get to go see my dad in May who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer recently because we've all had our vaccines. Really excited to spend some time with him before things get worse.

Hope everyone is doing well. I was almost done with vaping. Recent stress has caused me to continue vaping, but hey, it could be (much) worse :)

Great that you both got your shots. Sad to hear about your dad, tho. If only things like cancer had to obey shutdowns and restrictions, too.

I think trying to quit vaping with all that's going on in the world and your life is a tall order, but you'll get there, brother.

Our province has had a detailed roll-out plan for vaccination - several phases, starting with the elderly and frontline staff, down through to everyone 16+. All organized through public medicine, of course. We, however, as a semi-remote small community are going to be done in a week or so all at once as opposed to going through all those phases.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
So grateful you got your vaccines @Sloth Tonight and get to see your Dad. Will keep a good thought for you all. Also know that we aren’t gonna judge you for not ceasing vaping. Haha. And yep, it could be a whole lot worse indeed!

Also glad to hear about the organized roll-out in your neck of the woods @Papa_Lazarou! Our roll-out in our area has been impressive. Amazing coordination and organization especially considering that this is the 1st pandemic in a LONG time. So grateful our 2 employees just got their 1st one today!

Wishing all you Reonauts a Happy Easter Bunny Day tomorrow. Hope you have whatever kind of day you desire.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
heads up.jpg
A possible stash of Reo's that might show up for sale on the classifieds here on ECF (or elsewhere). Might be worth messaging this gent (but keep in mind that buying/selling via private messages here is not allowed).

Been away a LONG time. Is there any market for classic Mods?

vetwave_C3vrmit.gif
(public service message... 39582610344-8)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Wowser, I just realized that yesterday marked the 8th year of being cigarette-free AND I don’t think it would have been possible without Reoville and Reos! I started with Provari and pretty quickly found my way over to Reos (started with a mini and of course it is still working).
I am so grateful for this Reo Fam that welcomed and helped me and for those who have stuck around to lend a hand, even when some no longer vape. I owe you all so much. I smoked cigarettes for nearly 40 years and it will take a life time of giving back that gratitude.
Thank you all!
And by the way, how are you all?

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Congrats from me too, Robinowitz.
Now at 7-1/2 yrs solid quit after 55yrs smoking habit and 'Lucky dogs' we are, indeed.
Thanks Rob (REO ) and all the supportive members on here and previous forums.
DaveD
And Bravo to you Dave!
I do hope that some Reonaut is still in touch with Rob and keeps him informed on our on-going gratitude.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
And Bravo to you Dave!
I do hope that some Reonaut is still in touch with Rob and keeps him informed on our on-going gratitude.
Have you seen this? I never got along with MM. But, they are still going. Selling without vape on labels as "research products" and 100mg

f7cc6c3f4428cdf545f2cdc2051391ab.jpg
7cca8df591ac835f9520aa81ce6a6742.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Robinowitz

Users who are viewing this thread