Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Saw this on PBusardo's site: (tasteyourjuice.com) http:/..................../wordpress/2013/06/23/meet-the-russian/#/respond

This is a clone of the kayfun called “The Russian”. It’s supposed to have an improved valve (whatever that means… never used a kayfun). I’ll be posting additional information here as I get it for you.

Looks interesting depending upon performance, and price.... :)

TheRussianKayfunClone_zps7d261245.jpg

EDIT: For some reason, the link I posted redirects to the ECF home page, instead of PBusardo's site.. :?:

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
If it works well it will get kayfuns to the masses like the aga did with geni's but looking at busardo's pics show some so so machining, the body pieces all look different shades/hues with big seams and the head inside has huge screws and kinda looks half finished seeing the cut & drill marks, as well as some pieces look press fit where there is threading on the real one.
while it could be a contender it doesnt look anywhere near as "fit and finished" as the real thing. and im sure kayfuns will still sell no problem.

wonder who is making it or where it came from (china russia etc etc)

Last edited:

littlewing6283

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
So Cal
If it works well it will get kayfuns to the masses like the aga did with geni's but looking at busardo's pics show some so so machining, the body pieces all look different shades/hues with big seams and the head inside has huge screws and kinda looks half finished seeing the cut & drill marks, as well as some pieces look press fit where there is threading on the real one.
while it could be a contender it doesnt look anywhere near as "fit and finished" as the real thing. and im sure kayfuns will still sell no problem.

wonder who is making it or where it came from (china russia etc etc)

I agree. I'd still be up to try it though. Depending on the price maybe even buy 2

littlewing6283

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
So Cal
oh yea dont get me wrong if the price is right its worth playing with and ill probably snag one too if low enough

I have a feeling its gonna be priced similar to the terminator round 80 bucks, thats just a hunch. If it performs reasonably well that'd be good. I really do like the kayfun a lot. I purchased 3 hahhahahah

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I just don't see how they could come close to the quality of the real thing at $100. With the amount of machine and finish work that goes into a kayfun, it's easy to see where the money has gone. Defiantly not the packaging (mine, I'm sure like most came in a ziplock) Even with China's practically slave labor, I can't see these as being near the quality as the real thing and still be able to make money with them. I don't have a great understanding of how it works......I'm still convinced that a tiny unicorn has something to do with it. But If anything is just slightly off, these will just be a big leaky headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread