Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hello all newcomers to the PV world!

To begin with let me say that I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies discussed here and have received no compensation for any information provided.

*enough of that legal stuff*

I wish you all the best in your journey to quit smoking and start vaping. Over a year ago I too was in your position and I took a journey into the vaping world that evolved and along the way I tried many different devices, mods, drips, dips, and various other methodologies that you may wish to explore.

I would like to suggest that you jump into the following "bottom feeding devices" as I truly believe it will save many hours of aggravation and frustrations.

I introduce you to Kaji's Ali'i or Journeyman "bottom feeding" self juicing wood mods(available at rnrmanufacturing.com) or Reosmods.com REO minis or the Phidias wood mod:

The ali'i or journeyman:
Welcome to R&R Manufacturing - Handcrafted Battery Box Mods

Thread with plenty of excitement, pics and info:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...r-manufacturing-custom-ordering-now-open.html

The Reo Mini:
REO's Mods | Home of the REO PV

Thread with plenty of excitement, pics and info:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/95123-reo-grand-opening-sale.html

The Phidias:
no website but to order see the following thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-forum/122134-phidias-celebration-sale.html

Jump in to these forums, have fun, be polite and patient in your inquisitions. There are many forum members here, and of course, the people who are working to build YOU and ME the best viable alternative to the killing stick called Cigarettes.

Most of all, I hope you enjoy the ride and quit anologs(normal cigs) completely.

Vape On

In the end, these will save you a bundle and, possibly, save you. You WILL quit cigs, regain your sense of smell and taste, you will not need a bag full of accessories every time you leave the house and you will not regret the price of admission.

Moved from New Members to Liquid Feed Mods Discussion 3/8/12

Last edited by a moderator:

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
I just hope, above all, that this will help those of you attempting to find the one device to get you off of the Cigs. These devices simply work and allow you to enjoy a nice vape over and over without the fuss of replacing batteries every hour or dripping and spilling juice or messing with a million different pieces....with these...you just vape.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Nice post, new people need to know more about self Juicing Mods. It sure made my life easier.

I don’t think the juice fed mods get enough exposure when it comes to the new members of the ECF

The Juice mods in most cases are simpler less mess and in the long run will save some $

I bought a lot of Ecigs when I started but it always ended up the same. I needed something that provided me all day vaping with less hassle.

Now I grab my REO and head out the door without a worry that I will run out of battery or juice.

I would recommend all new comers to at least look in to them just so they now what is out there and available to them. It may not be right for everyone but at least you would have the information.

Just my 2c Happy Vaping :)

I just hope, above all, that this will help those of you attempting to find the one device to get you off of the Cigs. These devices simply work and allow you to enjoy a nice vape over and over without the fuss of replacing batteries every hour or dripping and spilling juice or messing with a million different pieces....with these...you just vape.

skish

May 15, 2010
Left Coast (CA & WA)
Great post Drumonron!

Just think...
No more carrying around spare batteries/chargers
No more dealing with blue foam or tweezers for cart usage
No more interrupting your routine to drip a couple a drops
No more cleaning cartomizers or tasting burnt polyfill
No more carrying around spare bottles of juice
No more getting juice all over the place or buying kleenex in bulk every month

And best of all, a CONSISTENT and VERY SATISFYING vape... every time!!!

Thanks and hats-off to the mod makers!!!

BTW, great for road trips...

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
P1010184.jpg My REO with Lo Rez 020.jpg

Indeed worth it....Here is mine, and I can fit it in my eGo case and have well over a weeks worth of vaping in one case...no fuss!

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
My only issue with the logic of mods is that i am very confident that at least 75% of the addiction to smoking is the act of smoking for most. I could hook up the garden hose filled with perfect vape hits all day/every day. Would it work for me? No. It isn't the "act" of smoking and would resolve nothing for me personally.

People may disagree with me on this issue, but mods are designed for those that are addicted to vaping - and NOT for those addicted to analogs - for that exact reason. They address at best 25% of the addiction to smoking. They are a fringe product for those that love the act of vaping regardless of how great they can make the vape - and will always be such. Always as in meaning forever.

Confusing newbs with the mod stuff is not a great idea, in my estimation.

Last edited:

JustPeachy

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Southeastern Virginia
When I started, if it hadn't looked like a cigarette and had tobacco flavoring, I wouldn't have tried it. I think a lot of people are that way at first. But - I had never seen this forum and the information in it. It could have given me the confidence to try something more sophisticated - I don't know. I also didn't want to invest a lot of money in something and then discover it didn't work for me. I actually bought one of the more expensive, less satisfying models. It got me off analogs though - next month will be my one year anniversary. I'm using a 901 now. Pass through solved the battery issue, and now I'm considering something I don't have to refill all the time.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
When I started, if it hadn't looked like a cigarette and had tobacco flavoring, I wouldn't have tried it. I think a lot of people are that way at first. But - I had never seen this forum and the information in it. It could have given me the confidence to try something more sophisticated - I don't know. I also didn't want to invest a lot of money in something and then discover it didn't work for me. I actually bought one of the more expensive, less satisfying models. It got me off analogs though - next month will be my one year anniversary. I'm using a 901 now. Pass through solved the battery issue, and now I'm considering something I don't have to refill all the time.

EXACTLY. Posting anything to do with mods in a newb section makes no sense. It is a fringe product for a very select few. Period. Of course my analysis of costs on ecigs for newbs was moved to another section and we have posts on mods... LOL. Unbelievable logic. Sorry, but that still chaps my hide a bit as that post was VERY beneficial to newbs considering ecigs while this thread confuses the issue - at best.

Last edited:

Dillinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Mountain View, CA
*I should also have a legal disclaimer, lol. I am in no way affiliated with this vendor.*

I'm about to receive my Ali'i from R&RManufacturing (rnrmanufacturing.com) tomorrow! :vapor::vapor::vapor: So happy, I could cry. :p:laugh::cry: Ryan (Kaji) and his father make these beautiful devices and since I live locally, Ryan even offered to drop it off in person to save on shipping. Now that's customer service!

I seriously can't wait for all day vaping, no fuss no muss.

When I started 10 months ago, I used the tiny cigarette-like batteries for a week before I had enough and ordered a $50.00 box mod. It served me well these past months, the battery lasted all day. But I could NOT STAND messing with cartridges or cartos constantly. It really drove me crazy after awhile, and I ended up direct dripping.

That's the great thing about these mods. If it uses an 18650, the battery can last you 2 days before recharging, it may not look like a cigarette, but they fit comfortably in your hand, NO MORE MESSING AROUND WITH CARTS/CARTOS, just press a button or give a little squeeze and you're good to go.

I honestly wish these mods had been invented when I started vaping and that someone told me about them. So Drumonron, good idea! You're doing the new guys a huge favor by spreading the word. :toast:

Last edited:

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I, too, felt that I needed my e-cig to look like an analog to really be an effective substitute for smoking. So about 11 months ago, I bought a Blu knockoff. It was OK, but I was constantly switching batteries and refilling carts. I needed a bigger battery, so I got an RN4081. Better, but still only about an hour of battery life and still constant refilling. And the inconsistency of vapor production and throat hit with both models kept me returning to analogs.

Then, a month ago, I gave a Wetbox a try. I wrote a review of my impressions of the Wetbox after the first week. Check the Reviews section of the forum. It's not the best mod in that it requires cartomizers, which are not the greatest thing in the world, but with a 3+ hour battery life and 3ml of juice on-board, I found my "on the go" vape. It's way better in the car (dripping and driving is NOT a good idea) and when I go out, all I need is my Wetbox, and extra carto, and an extra battery for all-day or all-night vaping. I rated it a solid 5 out of 10. I'd boost that to a 6 if it worked with atomizers; a 7 if the switch had a warranty or a higher rating (scour the forums and you'll see what I mean.) But for what it is—an inexpensive, entry-level bottom feeder, it's pretty decent.

I still rely on my 4081 for times the Wetbox isn't hitting well (usually due to a dying carto) or when I am in public and don't want to explain the weird-looking thing I'm puffing away on, and I am in line for a new Ali'i (a sweet, wood mod that's getting rave reviews). But if you're anything like me, the real experience of smoking is less in the handling of a cigarette and more about the smoke and throat hit, as well as the nicotine. The Wetbox, when it's working well, delivers a nice TH and plenty of vapor. The Ali'i is supposed to be even more consistent.

So I really have to disagree with The Buss. Sorry, man, but I firmly believe anyone who really doesn't want to quit smoking and believes that vaping truly IS a safer alternative, juice fed box mods are the way to go. Sure, it helps if you really enjoy vaping, as I do, but once you get off the idea that an e-cig needs to look like an analog to be satisfying, you'll wonder why on earth you ever messed with carts, filler, dripping, battery switching, and all of the other frustrating aspects of "old school vaping."

The older styles had me at about 50% vaping/50% smoking. The juice box mod essentially has me 100% analog-free for a month. And that's after 30 years of tobacco addiction. That, to me, speaks for itself.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
ACM, the EGO battery lasts 5-8 hours. That is enough for 99.8% of all ecig users that have 2.

Besides, my point is that for the "vast majority". Mods are a fringe product. The "vape" may be better, doesn't matter - on any level. It just doesn't. 5v, 6v, 180,000 volt. it is not relevant as it it does NOT mimic smoking. They are designed for Vapers. Period. Is it possible that some people will benefit from a mod day one? Yes. Most, no.

I totally agree that the 4081 and similar models do not provide enough to satisfy smokers that smoke at least 1.5 packs per day - and why I have an EGO. I have 4081 and KR808. Neither could possibly be a main PV for a heavy smoker like me, in my view.

At least 99% of geese are white. I could line up 5 black ones and say see??? But that matters not, most geese are still white. The newbs section is for the 99% of white geese - and not for the 1% that are not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread