The Self Juicing Box way to quit Analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX
The vaping experience as a whole are "mods". The whole purpose of the mod section is improve upon the experience. One day these "mods" you speak of will be the "ego" or whatever device has been created. Most people can't or don't care to mess with something that works. Those that want something better will have their creativity in the hands of others eventually.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
The vaping experience as a whole are "mods". The whole purpose of the mod section is improve upon the experience. One day these "mods" you speak of will be the "ego" or whatever device has been created. Most people can't or don't care to mess with something that works. Those that want something better will have their creativity in the hands of others eventually.

i shouldn't even respond or the mod's will be on me again, lol. I agree, to some extent. The mainframe of 20 years ago can be found in a laptop of today. With the computer analogy, this is the point. 95% of people want a laptop or a small PC. 5% (or less) of the market is shopping for the equivalent of a mainframe - even though the more powerful one works far better. it doesn't matter as it isn't what they want. The same with ecigs. The "mainframe" is the mod, the laptop is the EGO.

Once people know that their laptop (EGO, 501, 4081) is not powerful enough THEN they begin to look at servers (used to be mainframes)... ecig analogy = mod. But people that have never used a pc before (or ecig) should not buy a mainframe.... "You don't even know how to work a mouse and you want to buy what???"

That was my point! Geez. I call horse on this topic...

Last edited:

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX
"Isn't what they want"?

The reason we are all here is to stop smoking cigarettes. There is no perfect solution, nothing will be the exact same as smoking. Aside from smoking, this has worked for me. Don't get me wrong, I have quit "cold turkey" for years. BUT I like smoking. Vaping helps that craving. My mod setup is easy, clean and lasts for 2 days without any hassle.

I am sold on the idea and so are many of my smoker friends.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Okay I am understanding the reference, but it is not logical in this sense. Something that works for one hour with constant refills is not what anyone wants. Regular people don't need multiple cpu's at all. Smokers want something that works, plain and simple.

Ok ok, I do not mind a lively argument, I will admit, but I am almost done with this topic, lol.

The point is not "working". Smoking, in my view anyhow, is far over 50% the "act" of smoking. Mods accomplish one aspect exceedingly well - vaping. They do not mimic the act of smoking in my view.

For instance, i could chew nic gum until it flowed out of my ears. This should help right? No chance. I wanted an analog regardless if i was near OD on it. WHY? I wanted to smoke.

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX
Ok ok, I do not mind a lively argument, I will admit, but I am almost done with this topic, lol.

The point is not "working". Smoking, in my view anyhow, is far over 50% the "act" of smoking. Mods accomplish one aspect exceedingly well - vaping. They do not mimic the act of smoking in my view.

For instance, i could chew nic gum until it flowed out of my ears. This should help right? No chance. I wanted an analog regardless if i was near OD on it. WHY? I wanted to smoke.

This is precisely why vaping works, and mods only make it easier. If noobs knew how to perfect their vaping experience, more might give up the analogs.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Exactly my one and ONLY point. What people expect it to do. Coming directly off analogs people expect it to mimic smoking.

Even an EGO is a bit hard to swallow the first 2 days. Then you become used to it. When I first bought my Safe Cig I was like... "dang this is heavy"...."I don't like it". Now it feels like a feather. Also, I still do not like the manual button thing much on my EGO - even though i know it is the best. EVERYTHING is a trade-off.

Last edited:

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX
Exactly my one and ONLY point. What people expect it to do. Coming directly off analogs people expect it to mimic smoking.

Even an EGO is a bit hard to swallow the first 2 days. Then you become used to it. When I first bought my Safe Cig I was like... "dang this is heavy"...."I don't like it". Now it feels like a feather. Also, I still do not like the manual button thing much on my EGO - even though i know it is the best. EVERYTHING is a trade-off.

If your good with a soldering iron, making an automatic battery work with a mod is not that tough.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Well it is a smokeless product. It does allow you a tactile representation of smoking. It is kind of freaky blowing out cold smoke though.

The saying from AA or whatever 12 step program "It works if you work it". My 18 years of smoking done in a day. Lost a bad habit and picked up a hobby.

I agree. But still, for newbs it is best to get as close to the real thing as possible with respect to form/function as possible for them to use it. Like i said before, the greatest PV ever made has no value if not used....

The EGO is the top of the line "laptop". Portable, works well. Good enough - for now.

The thing that people need to remember in this section is that many newbs know nothing about this stuff - or very little. It took me 2 full days of reading just to understand what in the **** my options were. Therefore, we have to keep it somewhat simple.

Last edited:

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX
I agree. But still, for newbs it is best to get as close to the real thing as possible with respect to form/function as possible for them to use it. Like i said before, the greatest PV ever made has no value if not used....

The EGO is the top of the line "laptop". Portable, works well. Good enough - for now.

That I do agree 100%. But people should understand it isn't the real thing and thank god that there is an alternative that provides a similar effect.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
That I do agree 100%. But people should understand it isn't the real thing and thank god that there is an alternative that provides a similar effect.

Perhaps - but it is information overload. I am telling you i could make an A in any university class with relative ease and I studied my options for a full two days...

This is exactly why I made several posts to assist newbs. I basically attempted to make "cliff notes" of all this and make it simple. Then I was somewhat attacked for trying to "replace the library" so i said forget it, not posting this stuff any longer.

All of this seems exceptionally simple now after only 3 weeks. However, I watched a zillion videos, read a billion posts, and read through the library - all in an effort to choose a model. This same knowledge could be outlined in 1 page, perhaps 2 max - which i did.

Last edited:

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX
I really don't think that keeping it simple is going to help anyone. There are plenty of simple reviews and such for the folks that want a simple answer. There are people out there that want the most information possible, I happen to be one of them, and deserve as many places as possible to find it.

Edit: Hence the reason I am here at this forum.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I really don't think that keeping it simple is going to help anyone. There are plenty of simple reviews and such for the folks that want a simple answer. There are people out there that want the most information possible, I happen to be one of them, and deserve as many places as possible to find it.

Edit: Hence the reason I am here at this forum.

Simple as in outlining the pro's/cons of each. This is very simple to do. Size/strength of hit/battery life, the components, etc. The only thing that cannot be outlined in a definitive manner is relative to taste/satisfaction. That is very subjective.

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
Nice post, new people need to know more about self Juicing Mods. It sure made my life easier.

I don’t think the juice fed mods get enough exposure when it comes to the new members of the ECF

The Juice mods in most cases are simpler less mess and in the long run will save some $

I bought a lot of Ecigs when I started but it always ended up the same. I needed something that provided me all day vaping with less hassle.

Now I grab my REO and head out the door without a worry that I will run out of battery or juice.

I would recommend all new comers to at least look in to them just so they now what is out there and available to them. It may not be right for everyone but at least you would have the information.

Just my 2c Happy Vaping :)

Well said- this mirrors my experience almost perfectly. I'm excited to be getting my mini soon. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread