~The Stupidest Thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Quick preface: I have a long and nefarious past of engaging in 'other things' that ended about 10 years ago. Cigarettes were the last thing to go.

The other day, a friend I've known for 20 years, and who knows all the things I've done in the past says "You know PG is bad for you right? You should really quit that too." WHAT?!

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
The biggest question I get besides "Does that satisfy you like a cigarette"(to which I answer, YES and even more so because I'm not also inhaling 4000+ harmful/poisonous chemicals along with the nic.

But the second most asked question regards the use of ... containing ejuices (which I honestly know absolutely nothing about) but my general reply is something to the effect of "Well when people want to alter their reality I'm sure they'll find a way, but I'm not interested in anything like that....I'm trying to get off tobacco....I am NOT trying to find a back door to be able to smoke the hippy lettuce." (or something to that effect LOL) The answer I used once before for this question was "Look man, my aim here is to stop using tobacco because I'm a 40+ year old man that's been using tobacco in one form or another since I was probably 14 years old and I would rather not die of cancer/emphysema or one of the other hundreds of tobacco related illnesses that exist. I'm doing this because I don't want to leave my family without a father because continuing to smoke/dip snuff would be a selfish decision on my part and my family doesn't deserve that, not to mention that using an illegal substance is against my jobs' rules and I would still test positive and I've had this job for 17+ years and it's not worth it for a buzz.....That's honestly a pretty insulting question.". That was an almost verbatim quote when asked that question by the way, I hope I explained it well enough that the vast majority of us vapers are doing this for exactly the reasons quoted above rather than as a back door or as a sneaky way around illegal substance laws....

This is probably the best reply I've seen so far.

l_strider_l

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Minas Tirith, Gondor
"Does that hurt your chest?"

"Not like this guy's chest is about to"

kill-shots-690-image_gallery_2693_alien-john-hurt.jpg

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
:blink:

I remember someone writing in this very forum, some time ago, that someone told him:

"You should not smoke batteries. The chemicals in batteries are much worse than those found in a cigarette!!"

(I suppose that person's 'enlinghtened' reasoning was something like "cigarettes, at least, were designed to be smoked, unlike batteries")

:blink: :facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow, i had the same thing last month. "Your inhaling battery chemicals" i was told. I really didn't have an answer to that. I turned my back and tried very hard not to get angry / amused / ashamed of being human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread